• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Four score and seven years ago...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    So, if you had the chance to meet someone who's no longer alive, who would it be? A hero? A family member? A famous person before your time?

For me, it would be Aya Kito. She is one of my heroes because she inspired others by writing about her progressive disease. It was called Spinocerebellar Disease. She died at twenty-five, which was also before I was born too. The reason she's my inspiration is because, despite this disease's impact on her life, she kept on writing nonstop. Basically, the disease causes the cerebellum to stop working. It's as if you are trapped in a body that will no longer work anymore. Things we do everyday slowly became harder for her between fifteen and twenty-five, but she kept trying to live life to the fullest as much as she could before the disease took her life.

So yeah. What about you? :O

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    This is harder than it needs to be.
    I'm torn between one of my favorite actors - Vincent Price - and favorite author - Edgar Allan Poe.
    I really, really like horror, and they both did it so well. I don't even like reading, but I have Poe's full collection that I never grow tired of. I think I'd pick Price, though.. his voice was sexy amazing as hell, and he did some of Poe's work so it's almost like having both of them in one. Almost.

Although. I may want to meet a relative of mine on my father's side. I want some confirmation on some stories I've been told. Specifically the part about said relative having been royalty; my father gave me a real 'Prince and the Pauper' story about him, even down to informing me that he fled the country with her so they could wed. Curiosity's got the best of me.

Years
    I have a question, do we reanimate them for the duration of our conversation? Or do we travel back in time for the duration of the conversation?
    Either way, Nikola Tesla.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Oh! I think I'd also want to meet Walt Disney. I mean, he seemed like such a caring person and wanted the best for all of his fans and such too. I'm literally obsessed with Disney (Animation wise, not actual Walt Disney himself lol). I would also want him to see what has become of his beloved company, so that maybe he can see the damage they have caused towards it after his death. I mean come on, since when is Disney about teens and preschoolers? It's supposed to be for everyone. I really don't think he would like where things are going. I know when he created Disney, he wanted it to be for everyone to enjoy, not just babies and teens.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    I would like to meet My Grandma again, she was the only person, talking to whom , made me feel good!:)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'd definitely want to talk to my grandpa again to see how he's doing.

As for famous people, I'll go with Walt Disney or John Lennon. They both are inspiring guys.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I don't care about famous people, I'd just wanna meet my grandma and know how she was, she died before I was born.

Years
    For me, it would be Aya Kito. She is one of my heroes because she inspired others by writing about her progressive disease. It was called Spinocerebellar Disease. She died at twenty-five, which was also before I was born too. The reason she's my inspiration is because, despite this disease's impact on her life, she kept on writing nonstop. Basically, the disease causes the cerebellum to stop working. It's as if you are trapped in a body that will no longer work anymore. Things we do everyday slowly became harder for her between fifteen and twenty-five, but she kept trying to live life to the fullest as much as she could before the disease took her life.

Did you read her book, or watch the movie? My friend told me about the latter, and that's how I knew about her. It's unfortunate, but at the same time, like you said, she was an inspiration.

For myself, I'm not a lot of famous people who have already passed, but if I had to choose one, I'd probably choose someone like Albert Einstein, or perhaps an individual who made progress in the study of psychology like Sigmund Freud. It would be interesting to meet either of them if possible.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Did you read her book, or watch the movie? My friend told me about the latter, and that's how I knew about her. It's unfortunate, but at the same time, like you said, she was an inspiration.

I saw the japanese drama. There's a drama about it that's a little more descriptive than the movie. That's how I found about her. I've seen the Japanese drama twice, and it's the only one I've watched more than once.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm not really big on celebrities, so I'll pass on that. I'd like to meet my great grandmother, Ethel. Some of the really old guys at the country club ask me if I'm related to her...which really shows their age since she died before I was even born in 1992. They think I actually knew her. But anyway, she was short, feisty, had red hair, and wore high heels all the time. Sounds like me minus the heels, and my hair isn't red, but no matter what color it is whether natural or dyed, I have a red tint in it. I take it that's who it's from, haha.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I would love to meet Alexander III of Macedon, as I've read that he was a super-intelligent quick-learning bipolar pansexual like me, and I rather admire him for the things he did. He was a Caesar before Caesar's time, and did some really cool things like take over all of Persia and Egypt without ever being defeated in battle, and had a wild horse that would only listen to him. My middle name and thus my alias Alex was taken from him.

I imagine he'd be rather eccentric and interesting to talk to, and he was also taught by Aristotle so he's got to be rather philosophical about things, eh?

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Napoleon. I wanted to see how he carried himself. Having such a short stature but still carrying yourself with high demeanor. Interesting.

Years
    I'd want to meet my dad's father, who passed seven years before I was born. My grandfather served in the Navy for several decades, and was even out in World War II. He'd probably have been or would be a good inspiration for me in choosing a career path, whether it'd be going into the military or even just going to college.

Back