• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FR/LG Glitch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2005
    I have used Gameshark codes to get all 386 pokemon and now my pokemon command from the main menu has dissapeared!

Years
    At least in my game, it doesn't have all of the Pokemon's species in the Pokedex. Pidgey will be a Tiny Pokemon instead of Tiny Bird Pokemon, Mankey will be Pig Pokemon instead of Pig Monkey Pokemon. It only happens at spaces though...

Please tell me that's normal...

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    no it isn't and i notice when i catch shinies using codes they show up as a ? and it is always ice type lol(after i catch it)

GVG

Years
    I found a really strange glitch. When I beat the Elite Four for the first time and i got the Ruby and Sapphire plate set up I headed towards the Cerulean cave to catch MewTwo. I decided to fish for wild Pokemon inside the Cerulean cave and on the first passage of water I used Super Rod. The thing that came out was not actually a Pokemon. It had a sprite like the unseen Pokemon in the Pokedex of Ruby/Sapphire. It was at lvl 98 and when I tried to catch it I couldn't. It had only struggle and only 1 HP so it immediately killed itself. I saved and then use the MasterBall so when I caught it it gave me entry in the Pokedex but when that started happening it transformed into Rattata. I went to see it but in the box there was lvl 2 Rattata. I know it sounds weird but that's what happened. Anyone has a clue what it could be?
    Btw it never happened again after I caught MewTwo. When I fish there now there are only Polywhirl and other Pokemon but this one doesn't appear.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    GVG said:
    I found a really strange glitch. When I beat the Elite Four for the first time and i got the Ruby and Sapphire plate set up I headed towards the Cerulean cave to catch MewTwo. I decided to fish for wild Pokemon inside the Cerulean cave and on the first passage of water I used Super Rod. The thing that came out was not actually a Pokemon. It had a sprite like the unseen Pokemon in the Pokedex of Ruby/Sapphire. It was at lvl 98 and when I tried to catch it I couldn't. It had only struggle and only 1 HP so it immediately killed itself. I saved and then use the MasterBall so when I caught it it gave me entry in the Pokedex but when that started happening it transformed into Rattata. I went to see it but in the box there was lvl 2 Rattata. I know it sounds weird but that's what happened. Anyone has a clue what it could be?
    Hmm... Did it look like this (attached picture). IF it did, that's the sprite for a pokemon outside of the range of 386. It's commonly known as Missingno, and it has 0 HP and no attacks (forcing it to use strugle all the time). I wonder if it was a one-time glitch, or if it would work for anyone who tried it.

.::t w i l i g h t::.

Look! I blink!
    Years
    I was in Icefall cave, and I got the HM Waterfall and tried to teach it to my lapras, Nessie, I opened the pack, and in the TM case it looked something like...

"No7 Waterfall x57
    [A ton of glitchy stuff]
    [and more weird stuff]
    [and more wierd stuff]
    [and more weird stuff]"
    v
    TYPE
    POWER 6
    ACCURACY 50
    PP 129"

then I pressed the A button, and the game froze for a second, then it showed a messed up map thing, and was making weird crackling and snapping sounds,and then the screen went white.

... O.O I was FREAKED!

Last edited:

deoxts

your mom went to college
    Years
    i know why the missinno glitch doesnt work because they put in th teachy tv so you wouldnt have to talk to him andf email me for any more info

.::t w i l i g h t::.

Look! I blink!
    Years
    SkinnyGreenMan said:
    Hmm... Did it look like this (attached picture). IF it did, that's the sprite for a pokemon outside of the range of 386. It's commonly known as Missingno, and it has 0 HP and no attacks (forcing it to use strugle all the time). I wonder if it was a one-time glitch, or if it would work for anyone who tried it.
    Cool, a missingno for the new version(s)

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
    Broleta said:
    Try surfing and then using fly to fly somewhere, the pokemon thats surfing gets left behind :P
    lol, I noticed this too. Think about the underlined points in this:

You are surfing on your level 5 horsea, and you run into a wild tentacool. You send out your horsea, only to return it and send out your 2095 pound groudon. You command an earthquake, but tentacool first uses wrap.

A: Imagine a trainer surfing on a little seahorse, lol.

B: If you are standing on a pokemon, it's not a good idea to send it into battle.

C: You return the pokemon that keeps you from falling in the water?

D: Now picture this groudon and its trainer standing on poor horsea.

E: How does earthquake work when your over the ocean?

F: Tentacool isn't long enough to wrap a groudon.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    a horsea will die
    b thats true
    c you can swim for a battle
    d like i said horsea would die and groundon can stand in water XD
    e the water would shake
    f itll wrap a claw

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
    LOL...that's great!

I haven't actually had any glitches in LG, but did see the pokemon shown by SkinnyGreenMan in Sapphire. I was walking in the desert when it appeared with no HP and a very high level. I attempted to catch it with a master ball, but it broke out! I finally caught it, and when I looked in the box, it was a Bad Egg, abtained in a trade...??? Has anyone else seen this? I was able to catch 3 more of them over a short timeperiod, then haven't seen them again. I dumped the eggs, they didn't hatch.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
    Had you done anything which would stretch the limit of the game in any way? Anything that was even the slightest bit out of the ordanairy? I wonder what is causing these glitches... I am sure that was a mistake in the game, it got confused somehow.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
    I can't remember exactly what I was doing, although I wasn't using a GSA/AR at the time...although I could have used it reciently to aquire items, maybe that's what did it. Yeah, the only times I've had problems has been during or just after use of an AR, so it probabily caused the error. Suggestion to any would-be cheaters: test the code on a junk game, or try the code extensively before saving. I used my Ruby version for testing before actually using the codes on Sapphire. Actually, I could have found the Missingno in Ruby...that would explain things...

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
    1 time I used surf on my Rayquaza And then I used Fly with it And he was still in the water!Then I checked my party and it was there.

pichu11

Big brother is watching you.
    Years
    this dose not belong here but...

i waz wordering if you can go to any outher regions outher than kanto or sevii islands.

thanx.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
    Your right, pichu11, that doesn't belong here. You can post questions like that in threads called "Simple Questions". As for your answer, no, not in FR/LG.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch but when you go directly past the bushes behind Kubuto or Omanyte near the safari zone, you can slightly see your reflection in the water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back