• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't mind sharing my love of MLP with others but I'm a girl so it's probably easier. Too hard to resist the cute art style, lovely characters, and good music! Can understand your frustrations - it's as difficult for some to admit it as it is for others to accept it.

On another note I'd absolutely love for the CMC to get their cutie marks. Would open up a lot of doors for them as characters.. it's getting exhausting watching them try since we know in the end nothing will happen. Hope Hasbro will use that expectation to their advantage and actually give them their cutie marks eventually, though. ;P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Watched the video earlier today and lmaoooo that was pretty hilarious. Saw there's one about conventions. I'm gonna watch that one seeing that there is a possibility that I might go to one soon. :D

How my family reacted to me being a brony was mixed. My parents didn't really care, so that's good. However, the reaction from my extended family was a little different. One of my cousins kept saying that it's a little girls' show and she demanded to hand-me-down my MLP figurines to her little sister because she deserved them more than I did. Kinda BS-y, but I still refused to.

I also did lose a couple of friends when I became more open. One still won't talk to me, while I'm back in contact with another, and he's an irl friend of mine.

Years
I only have 3 friends know that i'm a brony (all BFFs), and i guess everybody here and on PC that checked my emblem page haha.

1 of my BFFs is a pegasister, so naturally she didn't have anything against it

the other 2 BFFs were a bit surprised, but they ultimately decided that they don't really care.

none of those are real life friends though, too much pressure to admit to somebody you know irl that you are a brony.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I cant wait to see how they act around me next time, since I'm the freak of nature (mentally) now. Because liking a tv show obviously means you're nothing like you normally are. Its amazing how much people overreact about it

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
I would never tell my friends that i am a brony, i think it's too risky.

Judging from some of the stories I've read in this thread I can't really blame you. :( I think there are points in your life where it's more and less risky though, in middle or high school, I would understand wanting to keep it a complete and utter secret. Kids around that age are pretty brutal about social and emotional hostility, and if it got around it could cause you a loooot of headache. College age is less so though, usually at worst people will just avoid talking to you, not really go after you or make fun of you.

I didn't tell them. They saw my wristband

Perks / drawbacks of wearing pony swag :P

I wear MLP shirts just about every day, but the shirts are cool as hell, and some of them aren't even really distinguishable as MLP shirts. I'll post pics in here later of the ones I have.

On another note I'd absolutely love for the CMC to get their cutie marks. Would open up a lot of doors for them as characters.. it's getting exhausting watching them try since we know in the end nothing will happen. Hope Hasbro will use that expectation to their advantage and actually give them their cutie marks eventually, though. ;P

Ditto this. That'd be a big surprise, and they could make a great story resulting in a ton of character progression with this. The dynamic of the CMC would change slightly, but not so much as to upset people I think. Y'know there'd probably we widespread fan rejoicing actually.

How my family reacted to me being a brony was mixed. My parents didn't really care, so that's good. However, the reaction from my extended family was a little different. One of my cousins kept saying that it's a little girls' show and she demanded to hand-me-down my MLP figurines to her little sister because she deserved them more than I did. Kinda BS-y, but I still refused to.

Yeah forget that man. You should give them to someone else because they deserve them more? Because the show is for certain people? Y'know a funny way to dispel that, which could get you in trouble - are there any Spencers near you? Y'know, the party store, have some questionable stuff? If there is, buy an MLP shot glass for like, 4 bucks. It's got Dash on the side, it's blue, it says pony or something on it. Give the shot glass to your cousins little girl. Tell her; "She should have it, she deservvvves it." Pour the kid some vodk-okay don't really do this, but it's fun to imagine. :P

Someone on another forum didn't believe that the shot glasses were actually official merch too. Got a picture of Hasbro's trademark on the bottom of the glass. Score one for shutting people up who don't think Hasbro recognizes their adult following. B)

I cant wait to see how they act around me next time, since I'm the freak of nature (mentally) now. Because liking a tv show obviously means you're nothing like you normally are. Its amazing how much people overreact about it

Such times. Much ignorance. Very silly. Wow

Years
I watched about 1/4 of Season 3 yesterday night. My favorite was the Scootaloo-Rainbow Dash episode. Tbh if i was in Scootaloo's shoes(hoves?) i would do the exact same thing lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd be willing to do so, really. Also, MLP SHOT GLASSES? I muuuuust have one tbh! xD

Hooves would be the appropriate term in pony-speak. ;)

The whole Scootaloo/Rainbow Dash relationship was just feel-wrenching enough for all of the fandom to create all these sorts of headcanons. I read a Rainbow Dash/Scootaloo one-shot story on FimFiction (and to this day I STILL can't find it), which is about Rainbow Dash adopting Scootaloo. Both characters have some things in common, which does include that both of them did not grew up with their mother for some unknown reason.

Arsenic

Years
I watched about 1/4 of Season 3 yesterday night. My favorite was the Scootaloo-Rainbow Dash episode. Tbh if i was in Scootaloo's shoes(hoves?) i would do the exact same thing lol.

That episode gave me feels. And I never get feels, so that's saying something!

Years
That episode is probably one of my favorite episodes of all the MLP episodes i watched so far(so many feels), along with Daring Don't (which i just watched and got my mind blown), and Read It and Weep, and few other episodes that actually don't have Rainbow Dash as one of the main ponies(shocking xD).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Twilight's Kingdom, A Canterlot Wedding, and Sonic Rainboom are definitely on my top 10 favorite MLP episodes that don't involve Pinkie Pie as the main pony for the most part.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years

Oh my Celestia, the final scene, where Dash is flying with Scootaloo propped up on her hoof like she's flying too, through the rainbow falls area - hnnnnnnnggggg

Why can't I hold all these feels

Sleepless in Ponyville was great. Probably in my top tennnn - I'd say? Yeah somewhere around there. Scootaloo and Dash's dynamic is really neat to see too, because personally I think Rainbow was uncannily like Scootaloo when she was a filly too. There's a lot of parallels there I like to imagine subtly shed some light on Rainbow's childhood.

And Cadance, you probably can't find it because there's a million with the same premise :P

Scootaloo fanfiction has to be in the top three most popular non-clop-topics, along with Trixie outside of Ponyville, and Vinyl - Tavi shenanigans.

To anypony who hasn't seen season 4 yet though ~ hiiiiiiighly recommend it. Season 3 had some really great points, but season 4's highpoints make the show shine like it did in Seasons 1 and 2. Particularly noteworthy (in my opinion) are Castle Mane-ia, Power Ponies, Rarity Takes Manehattan, Pinkie Pride [Weird Al Yankovic guest stars!] MAUD PIE, and of course the finale.

But really watch Maud Pie.

Just do it.
{awesome gif from Maud Pie episode in the spoiler}
Spoiler:

Years
The only problem with Season 3 is that it was really short, only 13 episodes. But it was great.

My most favorite episode ever would be the Canterlot Wedding 2 parter, i don't think they could have been any better than they were. And This Day Aria is probably my favorite MLP Song.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I do think Season 4 did shine, even more than the previous seasons! Last year when Season 4 was being previewed/teased during SDCC, we were just excited for it. Now, I believe they'll be doing the same for Season 5, hopefully we'll have an exact date for the new season to start?

I know there's a lot of Scoot/Dash fics out there, but the one I mentioned was the only one I read. xD

I have a long list of favorite episodes to be quite honest! But the one that tops it all is the Canterlot Wedding special. That was AMAZING.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I know there's a lot of Scoot/Dash fics out there, but the one I mentioned was the only one I read. xD

Is it the one I linked you to where Scoots falls asleep at the end before dash tells her?

My favorite episode is Pinke Pride. I love all of the songs, but it also has a lot of feels for me. When Pinkie questions what she is supposed to do in life. I have been there, so I understand the feeling. It's the episode that has hit closest to home for me.

Arsenic

Years
My favorite episode is Pinke Pride. I love all of the songs, but it also has a lot of feels for me. When Pinkie questions what she is supposed to do in life. I have been there, so I understand the feeling. It's the episode that has hit closest to home for me.

And because of weird al? He's the only reason I watched that episode out of order

Now we just need Jack Black in an episode : D

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
Now we just need Jack Black in an episode : D
Duh! Of course we need Jack Black! I can't think of what type of pony he'd be, but it would be epic. Also now that I think about, what if for some reason, Hasbro let Michael Bay make an episode of MLP with free will of what he was allowed to include? "MLP, that one child's show where the producers allowed Michael Bay to add explosions to it?" is what all the peeps would say when asked about MLP after that episode was made!

Arsenic

Years

The ultimate question.

We need Michael Bay now! And the guy who voices Mr.Torque in Borderlands 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back