• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    For now it's been recap only. It's a bit disappointing to be honest, I was expecting something bigger knowing it was called Pokemon Special..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Glad I didn't get my hopes up. But I really don't understand why they did it on a Thursday night for Japan, when it is 11pm there. And not to mention we got times for it. And the sites kinda over hyped it, especially Nintendolife. Not sure why they had Masuda come in either.

Now we wait till next weekend, which I am sure we will get a new gameplay trailer and new pokemon discovered trailer.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Yes, we'll most likely have news next week-end. We can most likely expect Nekkoala and Iwanko English names, at least I hope so ahah

Years
    Like Nath said, I'm sure we'll get something new revealed next week. Hopefully Nekkoala and Iwanko's English names can get revealed as well, even if not exactly around the time of the event.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Like Nath said, I'm sure we'll get something new revealed next week. Hopefully Nekkoala and Iwanko's English names can get revealed as well, even if not exactly around the time of the event.

To be honest, I am thinking we are going to get blindsided before next weekend. Even if it is nothing new before then, I would really like to know the dog and koala pokemon names, as I don't like learning the Japanese names for them. Only ones I can remember in Japanese that aren't the same as English ones are Braviary/Wargle and Tepig/pookabu or something like that.

Also, I think we might get new pokemon and gameplay during the Volcaneon movie previews. It may take a while to confirm it, but I can see them doing something there similar to how they handled Treverent.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    To be honest, I am thinking we are going to get blindsided before next weekend. Even if it is nothing new before then, I would really like to know the dog and koala pokemon names, as I don't like learning the Japanese names for them. Only ones I can remember in Japanese that aren't the same as English ones are Braviary/Wargle and Tepig/pookabu or something like that.

Also, I think we might get new pokemon and gameplay during the Volcaneon movie previews. It may take a while to confirm it, but I can see them doing something there similar to how they handled Treverent.

Treverent appeared in the preview for the next movie which was shown at the end of the Genesect film irc.

Years
    It appeared during a trailer of gamplay in a Hoard battle that went with the Genesect film. Can't remember if it was before or after. But other than than trailer, it wasn't offically reveled until a week or so after.
    We most likely will have to wait until next month when the movie is out to get the preview trailer of the next movie. I remember that last year's movie had Zygarde core and the shadow of Complete Zygarde in the preview on release date.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    This month's corocoro didn't promise to have news next month, did it?

Don't know. Serebii usually has additional info for corocoro on the day it comes out, but there was nothing else. Which has been like that the last few months. So I guess it was all revealed with leaks.

If they did promise info, Serebii didn't mention it. But I don't know why they would stop now. But I would prefer them to say nothing than say something and we get old news.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't think it did, but I wouldn't be suprised if it had something. Added it to the OP.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Anyone know when the next news dump is expected to be? I'm assuming the next Coro Coro, but since Iwanko and whatever got coro coro reveals - last time with ORAS and even X&Y, the official Pokemon YT channel uploaded official reveals, and it's been like a week since their reveals, and we've got nothing official on them. So just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for?

I don't really care, I'm just curious lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Anyone know when the next news dump is expected to be? I'm assuming the next Coro Coro, but since Iwanko and whatever got coro coro reveals - last time with ORAS and even X&Y, the official Pokemon YT channel uploaded official reveals, and it's been like a week since their reveals, and we've got nothing official on them. So just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for?

I don't really care, I'm just curious lol

The two corocoro pokemon will probably have their official trailer reveals some time this coming week or next weekend at World Hobby Festival where Masuda will be bringing some game play or something similar. Usually the corocoro reveals get a trailer within the same month as their reveal.

As for a big info dump, I would say best time would be around the 4th of July, as a large chunk of players will be off work and what not in the United States. It wasn't announced that we would get news on June 2nd until about the 18th or so of May.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm debating on whether to hold off on keeping track of reveals after the World Fair. I'd really like to be surprised when I play the games, moreso than I have with the previous 2 Gens. So far they seem to be revealing stuff at a slow pace, but yet it's all enough info for everybody to speculate on for a while; in short I think they're handling it better than XY's info dumps.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hey guys apparently there is some type of Expo in Paris soon. Masuda said he was going. It might already be over, but that might be another chance for some small bits of info. However, I highly doubt we will get anything at the Expo in Paris. So don't count on it. Just figured I'd let yall know.

Edit: Think it is called Japan Expo. I think it is on July 7th-10th (After reading about the date, this might be the place for the next Info Dump, but again, don't get your hopes up yet.)

Edit 2: Apparently people already knew about it, but at least I got the dates.... I think.... Lol. Should have looked at the first post again.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Perhaps it will be the demo made available for those in Paris? That World Hobby Fair in Japan takes place this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same stuff for the expo event next month.

Years
    This month's corocoro didn't promise to have news next month, did it?

As Icy said, I don't believe they mentioned that. July does seem like it'll be another big month for news dumps so wouldn't be surprising if they were to dump a load of new info on us, but then there's the chance they could recap on stuff that could be revealed this weekend at the World Hobby Fair.

Years
    As Icy said, I don't believe they mentioned that. July does seem like it'll be another big month for news dumps so wouldn't be surprising if they were to dump a load of new info on us, but then there's the chance they could recap on stuff that could be revealed this weekend at the World Hobby Fair.

And/or E3.
    I have a feeling that most, if not all that we'll get from WHF will be the same as what we got at E3.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back