• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Recommendation Thread

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    @ STRIHGH

If you can wait a bit, Red Steel 2 and Monado are looking grand for Wii...Red steel 2 is First Person..But it's mainly a slasher, with a gun beigng optional, Monado is a Final Fantasy like Action Aventure RPG.

@Tre

Dead Space please.

For me..Just give me a good RPG...I have a Wii, DS, Getting a PS3 soon.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    For DS, Final Fantasy III and IV were remade and are pretty good. Chrono Trigger is out, too.

For Wii, I think Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Crystal Bearers was announced, but I have no idea of release dates. O_o

I have a Wii and DS. I was hoping that there was a good RTS here...

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
    Years
    I highly recommend Fallout 3 to any serious RPG-fans who can also handle shooters. ^^ Xbox 360 or even better PC versions are best. PS3 doesn't have any DLCs yet, while the other two have four already.

It's a really, really good game. Super open-world, tons and tons of stuff and locations to discover. Just slightly buggy.

I have a Wii, Xbox 360 and DS.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    @ Spicy

You'll need Wi-Fi Connection for my reccomendations as the are WiiWare titles.

Swords and Soldiers - One of the most hilarious games I've ever played..Actually, It may be the funniest..And on top of that it has good RTS gameplay..And ninja monkeys..You can't go wrong.

Final Fantasy CC: My Life as a King/My Life a a Dark Lord - Now I admit..I haven't played them..But they are supposed to be very good..I'm not sure if MLAADL is actually out yet though.

@Scizor

No guidelines..So I'll suggest Madworld...It needs more love.

Just give me anything.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Just give me anything.

Thanks, Purple. As for the above statement, go with Wario Land: Shake It. Just some random recommendation...

EDIT: Yeah, I don't need anything. But I'll give a request, anyway.

I need a good FPS for the Wii. I know there's world at war, but I was wondering if there were any more.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Spicy.

1 word.

Wait.

There are some great FPS' coming out for Wii later this year or next year.

But if you can't wait:

Onslaught (WiiWare) - Has it's moments, Online is great if you can actually find someone who's playing it.
    The Conduit - Not perfect, but still fun at times, and online is great.

Years
    I would like a good RPG or similar for the DS.

Already played/attempted:
    Spoiler:

I have to say, my favourite RPG on GBA was Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, if that helps. Has anyone played any games that are similar to TOTKOL or as good as it? Strategy RPGs are fine, of course, as well as anything out of the ordinary, eg. Castlevania.

Suggestions?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Oh my..

You love Tactics ogre..But haven't played Fire Emblem.

you suck

Get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS..Or even better Fire Embelm 7 for GBA.

Gimme anything.

Years
    Anything?

Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC.
    I know, that is an old game.

But I just bought it off Ebay for £3.
    I grew up with this game and I love it so much.

It like is like pokemon, but different in some aspects.
    I would have a look into it =]

Years
    Oh my..

You love Tactics ogre..But haven't played Fire Emblem.

you suck

Get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS..Or even better Fire Embelm 7 for GBA.

Gimme anything.
    Didn't list the GBA games, but I haven't played the DS one. Will do. Any other ideas, aside from FF Tactics?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Disgaea?

It's a great litle game..But there is masses of grinding involved..so..if that's not your thing...You could always play any Advance wars game.

Advance wars is just..sex.

Give me a classic that isn't really well known..For any console that isn't made by Microsoft.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You like: Winnie the pooh' quest(PS)

I... I like mario games.

Years
    Disgaea?

It's a great litle game..But there is masses of grinding involved..so..if that's not your thing...You could always play any Advance wars game.

Advance wars is just..sex.

Give me a classic that isn't really well known..For any console that isn't made by Microsoft.
    Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - GBA - SRPG
    Psychonauts - PS2/Xbox/PC - Adventure?

Years
    Looking for a new XBOX 360 game....

any ideas? im not looking for anything i have to buy extra for (guitar hero, ect.) i buy **** thats makes want jump when i turn the corner if that to helps. also, not trying to break the bank.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    No idea what consoles you own.

Dead Space then..It's very cheap for PS3 and 360.

Little Monster

Let's write a 'Bad Romance.'
    Years
    You didn't say what consoles you own.... i guess you own a Wii so wait for Dead Space: Extraction or something along the lines of that word, if not then go for a old fashion Metriod Prime 3: Corruption or wait for the Trilogy to come out soon.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I own a Wii, GBA, NES, SNES, GB and a GBC. I like Kirby, Mario and some Cartoon games, i am currently looking for a GBA game for my satifaction. I can have any game you name so don't worry about non avalible games. :)</p>

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Yoshi's island seems to fit your criterea nicely.
    It's a great platformer with very cute graphics.

Give me a Hidden Gem for any console tha tisn't made by microsoft.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    You prepared for an oldie but goodie? Recently mentioned it in the "Favorite games" thread, Ufouria is a practically unheard of NES platformer that also happens to be rather good. In the same style as metroid, it's an open world affair with no level divisions and lots to explore and stuff to pick up, but unlike Metroid, it's totaly wacky and LSD inspired. To start with, that guy in my avatar is the main character. His special attack is to launch his own head! That should give you an idea. It's got your traditional paper-thin NES story, but it's still great fun to play. Pick up a rom for it somewhere, as you'll have a nightmare finding a real copy, as it's PAL (Europe) only.

Oh, and if you've never heard of the PC game Cave Story, you owe yourself to check it out. It's a great freeware adventure/platformer which its sole creator spent 5 whole years on. It shows! Though that's not a console, and Microsoft I guess, since it's on Windows.

Gimme a good sidescrolling adventure that I'm not likely to have heard of.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I can only think of Contra or Super Probotector really...Or Klonoa.

Give me an overlooked RPG. NO XBOX PLOX.

Back