• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games That You WISH More People Would Play!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
  • Touhou Project! It has a wide following in Japan, but not so much elsewhere.

Basically, danmaku (bullet hell) shooters, where you, well to be straight to the point, dodge dot bullets, shoot back. Like I said, massively popular in Japan, so..why not anywhere else? ;-;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    For real though. I want this now. Is it in english? My japanese is minimal. I understand and speak it perfectly but I'm **** at reading it.
    I'm like you, no problem speaking japanese but hard time reading it lol.

Elite Beat Agents is in english, but you don't even need to know japanese at all to play Ouendan. For the most part, you'll get the general idea of what's happening from the comic strips before every level, you just won't know what the dialog says. They're funny but it's not a loss. The two Ouendan games are two of the most import friendly games out there.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Lux Pain is one that needs a lot of love. Great game even with the weird translation

Years
  • To be honest, majority of my friends have never played a single Final Fantasy. Considering they're my age, I'm legitimately surprised they haven't played at least one; not entirely sure what they've been playing or what games they even own...Another would be Guild Wars 2. It's an amazing game with great graphics, but I think people are turned off by the fact that you have to pay for it \:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I think it's very obvious what I am gonna say here, but it has to be Bubble Bobble. I still think to this day that it's a great game, and well, wouldn't mind a Player 2. :)

The problem with Megaman Battle network is that they recycle gameplay, and everything else really...

I don't think that was a bad thing.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • To be honest, majority of my friends have never played a single Final Fantasy. Considering they're my age, I'm legitimately surprised they haven't played at least one; not entirely sure what they've been playing or what games they even own...Another would be Guild Wars 2. It's an amazing game with great graphics, but I think people are turned off by the fact that you have to pay for it \:
    I'm ashamed to say it but I'm apparently older than you and also haven't played any FF game :/
    And considering my love for JRPGs, it's really bad :/ So your friends aren't the only ones =D

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I would have to say either Don't Starve or Terraria. Both really wonderful games and I see all the effort that was put into either, I feel really sad that there isn't anyone I know that plays those games. *sigh*

Years
  • I'm ashamed to say it but I'm apparently older than you and also haven't played any FF game :/
    And considering my love for JRPGs, it's really bad :/ So your friends aren't the only ones =D

Haha, you're only a year older, not much of a difference, but O: Seriously, sometimes I just want to let my friends borrow any of my PlayStation consoles and give them an FF game to play XD If they like it we can both fan over it :3

I would have to say either Don't Starve or Terraria. Both really wonderful games and I see all the effort that was put into either, I feel really sad that there isn't anyone I know that plays those games. *sigh*

I've watched a Let's Play of Don't Starve, but a modded horror version through PewDiePie. Also, I've heard a lot about Terraria as well, but never got into either of them \:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't think Final Fantasy is as much of a must play as others do (though admittedly I haven't played FF6, the supposed best entry in the series). And I definitely wouldn't say that I wish more people played it lol.
    I would have to say either Don't Starve or Terraria. Both really wonderful games and I see all the effort that was put into either, I feel really sad that there isn't anyone I know that plays those games. *sigh*
    I thought a lot of people played Terraria?

Also, apparently Super Mario 3D World sold poorly. Now I don't necessarily like the game, but I'll be damned if I didn't say it's a game that could just make you happy. Watching my child cousins play and adore it made me really happy, moreso than actually playing the game.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I really wish turn based strategy RPGs and tower defense games would be more popular.

Things like Civilization V? I know the feeling, though, at the same time, I know several people who just don't seem to have the patience for what could be a 2 hour+ game.

As far as TD goes, I think the most fun one I've ever played was Dungeon Defenders.

TY

I thought a lot of people played Terraria?

That is true, a ton of people play Terraria as it is a really popular game plus a lot of big YouTuber's made video's of it, so that though being ridiculous makes people play it.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    DRAGON QUEST!

I admit, I didn't know about the series whatsoever until IX. But I love Dragon Quest to death. I am currently playing through VIII and hoping beyond hope that they bring X over to the US. I don't even care if I would have to buy a Wiii U. Even though I would definitely prefer the PC version.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

It shares its lead developer with (most of) the Ace Attorney series which is well-loved over here, but an alarming amount of people have never heard of or played Ghost Trick, which makes me sad. It's such a fun game and it looks phenomenal. The animation is so fluid and great--it's definitely the first thing that drew me in when I played it. I'm not a huge fan of the ending of the story but the journey is just so much fun. When people say they haven't played it I feel bad for them because they're missing out on such an amazing game.

I wish more people would play it so that more games like it can be greenlit in the future.

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
  • My favorite game of all-time would be Spyro. Any of the ps1 versions really.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    @JehowiYES! Spyro 2: Rypto's Rage is in my top 20 favourite games, and is one of the main reasons I'm a gamer today. I'd never gotten super into a game before Spyro 2! I LOVE IT!

So, the Megaman Zero series (except the awful first one) is so underrated, especially compared to the loved-by-everyone X series. Megaman Zero 3 is the best platformer ever IMO, with great music, awesome fast paced gameplay, and the most super awesome twist ending ever! I love the Classic and X series, but Zero 2, 3 and 4 are SO much better!

Years
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

It shares its lead developer with (most of) the Ace Attorney series which is well-loved over here, but an alarming amount of people have never heard of or played Ghost Trick, which makes me sad. It's such a fun game and it looks phenomenal. The animation is so fluid and great--it's definitely the first thing that drew me in when I played it. I'm not a huge fan of the ending of the story but the journey is just so much fun. When people say they haven't played it I feel bad for them because they're missing out on such an amazing game.

I wish more people would play it so that more games like it can be greenlit in the future.

I have to agree, it is truly an amazing game with beautiful animation and unique graphics. I recommended it to a friend or two, but I feel like not enough people play it. Now that the 3DS is out, there are obviously going to be more current-gen games to focus on but I still say Ghost Trick should be picked up regardless with its unique play-style. The soundtrack is probably my favourite thing out of the whole game.

A game I would recommend would be the Disgaea series for Playstation. I don't really know many people who are aware of this FF-tactics esque game; it has very intense graphics and the characters can be lovable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • A very underrated game that I think flew under the radar of most gamers was "Vanquish" for the Xbox 360. It was a 3rd person Sci-fi shooter made by Sega that was really innovational in my opinion: it combined 3rd person combat with slow mo mechanics that made a great combination for people who were getting tired of the COD shoot-em-up. Sure the voice acting in this is absolutely atrocious, but that is the only thing I could really find bad about this game. If anyone wants to see some footage for it here you go! I definitely recommend anyone to buy this game, it's only like $15 at Gamestop I believe

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Vanquish is definitely the best TPS last gen (doesn't quite beat Resident Evil 4 overall though) and Ghost Trick is definitely criminally underrated.

Anyway, I'd also like to mention...
    Punch-Out%21%21.jpg

Now the game itself sold over a million, but even then I don't see it mentioned at all beyond the series enthusiasts.

Punch Out (Wii) is honestly the secret best game of last generation in my honest opinion, if we're not counting handhelds. (My previous mention, Elite Beat Agents, takes the cake otherwise.) I seriously can't find any flaws in this game. None. It's very, very solidly designed and the mechanics are extremely tight, and it's a game that just keeps you at the edge of your seat so many times.

Punch Out at first glance is a boxing game, but it's really more of a puzzle game if anyhing. However, it captures the essence of boxing perfectly. There's this feeling of nervousness when you're 1 to 1 against your opponent, but you're also determined to beat them. It's intense, it's personal. It captures that element of boxing very well.

Punch Out is all about quick adaptation and learning, you have to figure out your opponent if you want to win. That's another element of boxing capture well here. You have to be precise and time your dodges and punching right, and it's an incredible feeling when you got that three stars on the top of your health bar.

Seriously guys check it out. It's amazing.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    I think it's very obvious what I am gonna say here, but it has to be Bubble Bobble. I still think to this day that it's a great game, and well, wouldn't mind a Player 2.

Yes! One of my childhood classics: Bust-A-Move 4 anyways, Cleon was my favourite; evil though she was evil.

ANYWAYS. The Puyo series is so much fun, and it's a shame it's Japan-exclusive. Although we do have Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine & Kirby's Avalanche.

Back