• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you should have played, but (criminally) haven't...

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
Years
  • I've played at least one of the games in the series commonly listed here :x I'm kind of impressed with myself all of a sudden. I'll just scribble down things that come to mind that I hear a lot about but haven't really touched.

- Xenoblade
    - Everything published by Valve
    - Five Nights at Freddies / Amnesia / any of those popular lets play community type games
    - Pretty much every single Mario game ever
    - Splatoon
    - The SMT series that isn't Persona 3 & 4
    - The Tales series that isn't Vesperia
    - Fire Emblem that isn't FE:A
    - League of Legends or any MOBAs in general
    - God of War
    - Dark Souls
    - Megaman
    - The Witcher

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Meroid Prime

I own the game. I played it. But every time I do I cant go more than 15 mins without getting nauseous. Not sure if this fits the thread though.
    How come it makes you nauseous? :o

I do hope you can overcome whatever it is. I've played through Metroid Prime and am currently in the middle of the Prime 2 (Echoes), and I found Prime very enjoyable, moreso than Echoes even (not that Echoes is bad - I just found Prime more fun).

I'd also like to be able to play other Metroid games after I finish the Prime games. It seems to be an excellent series overall.

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
  • You win.

Close the thread. You can't beat this.
    I'm not a fan of the series :(

I've played like. The original Super Mario Bros, I just found it annoying because I suck at 2d platformers so it set the tone for the series for me. Then I played a bit of Super Mario sunshine which was just a giggle because I was running around with a squirt gun and that's it.

We own all the games though because my brother is a big fan. I'm just shameless and won't play them :V

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm not a fan of the series :(

I've played like. The original Super Mario Bros, I just found it annoying because I suck at 2d platformers so it set the tone for the series for me. Then I played a bit of Super Mario sunshine which was just a giggle because I was running around with a squirt gun and that's it.

We own all the games though because my brother is a big fan. I'm just shameless and won't play them :V
    Ah I assumed you never played a game in the series which I thought was pretty bizarre if you're into this hobby.

Not liking them is completely fair and I won't judge you for it haha. For what it's worth though the original Mario is clearly a product of its time, and Sunshine is unpolished and often regarded as one of the worst in the series.

How come it makes you nauseous? :o
    Mainly the field of view being really narrow, and I'm assuming 60fps is another factor as well

Years
  • There are a lot of games I should have played or finished, but I'm gonna keep my list to things I actually want to try in the foreseeable future.

- The Zero Escape series. I remember Danganronpa being reviewed as "a mix between Zero Escape and Ace Attorney." I love Ace Attorney and Danganronpa... so why haven't I played a Zero Escape game yet?!
    - Ace Attorney Investigations 2. The game never released outside Japan. The fan translation rom patch has been out for years now, yet I still haven't gotten around to playing it.
    - Many of the older Fire Emblem games. Particularly the ones officially released outside Japan. I'm currently making progress with Blazing Sword. Next will probably be Sacred Stones... and the Tellius games, if I can manage to get my hands on them, haha!
    - Earthbound. There are a lot of classic JRPGs I should have played by now, many of which are listed in this thread... but these days I'm really iffy about starting JRPGs since they're generally so beefy and can be huge timesinks I sometimes get easily distracted away from. But Earthbound calls to be for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Mainly the field of view being really narrow, and I'm assuming 60fps is another factor as well
    I can understand the field of view, but what framerate does the game run at, anyway (since I'm no good at telling framerates without a counter)? Do you mean that 60fps is nauseating? I would imagine it would have the opposite effect.

- Earthbound. There are a lot of classic JRPGs I should have played by now, many of which are listed in this thread... but these days I'm really iffy about starting JRPGs since they're generally so beefy and can be huge timesinks I sometimes get easily distracted away from. But Earthbound calls to be for some reason.
    I happen to be playing through Earthbound right now as well. It's fun once you get into it and understand it. Gruelling at times, but enjoyable.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    - Phoenix Wright AA: Dual Destinies
    - any Professor Layton game after the first one
    - Pokemon DPPt (any of them)
    - any Final Fantasy after 7
    - any Super Smash Bros. game
    - Splatoon
    - any Metroid game
    - any Kingdom Hearts game
    - any Metal Gear game
    - any Fallout game
    - any Mass Effect game
    - TLoZ Majora's Mask
    - Bastion
    - any Mother game

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I have in my tablet a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and I've never played it. I am ashamed; I've played all the others that came out before it besides Rondo of Blood.

There's also other games I have on my to play pile like Earthbound, A Link Between Worlds, Final Fantasy I, V, VIII, IX and X (I did play Fantasy War but I don't think that counts), Zelda II, Final Fantasy VII for NES (yes, that's a thing), X-Men for the Genesis, Sonic Generations...

Yeah, there's a lot of games on there.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii or N3DS would do)
    Sonic Generations
    Soul Calibur 5
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade (why can't you just translate it?)
    Disney Infinity
    Pokemon X and Y

Last edited:

Yukari

- Xenoblade Chronicles

Burn me at the stake.
    Give me a minute I need to gather some wood and get some rope.

I feel like I have a long list of games that I should play but haven't yet. x: I just can't think of any names right now.

Oh yeah, almost every Assassin's Creed game. My brother owns all of them and I've only touched 2 and 4 so far.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since I haven't played a good variety of games in awhile, there's probably way too many to list.

Sticking to stuff I can actually play:
    - Majora's Mask, and I didn't beat OoT either...
    - Anything Fire Emblem -- my roommate has Awakening but it's a digital copy on his 3DS.
    - Bravely Default (same as FE)
    - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (haven't played any KH since Birth By Sleep actually)
    - Really should pick up Dual Destinies sometime... last Ace Attorney I played was #4.

Never done any Metriod or Donkey Kong game, I think I've played around a Star Fox game for like 15 minutes, no Earthbound/Mother 3... and I haven't even attempted to think of anything outside of Nintendo or on Nintendo platforms yet...

Yeah like I said it's probably way too much. D:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Zero escape: I remember seeing everyone praising this game upon it's release yet I haven't played it. I do love good story telling so I think I'll enjoy playing this.

The Zelda series: I don't really like the characters enough to just pick any game from the series.

Ace Attorney
    : I remember playing a little bit of the first game but then leaving it. Maybe I'll like it again if I continue on.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Tons, especially modern games. A large part of this is because many, many AAA games that get tons of praise end up really disappointing me, so I usually just play what shows the most promise to me personally and don't bother playing things purely based on popularity, but some examples of really major games I've yet to play...

(Note: I've marked games I've played a demo of with a *.)

99% of popular PC exclusives
    99% of popular shooters
    99% of popular JRPGs
    90% of popular racing games
    Many popular indie games
    Anything exclusive to Wii U*
    Anything exclusive to XB1
    Until Dawn
    Alien: Isolation
    MGS series*
    The Elder Scrolls 1-4
    Half the GTA games
    Just Cause series
    Destiny*
    Banjo-Tooie
    The Witcher series
    Most Final Fantasy games
    Kingdom Hearts BBS & DDD
    Uncharted series
    Tomb Raider* (except remake)
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Starcraft II
    Metroid Prime series
    Mass Effect 2 & 3
    Portal 2
    Fallout 1 & 2
    Resident Evil 5
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Mortal Kombat X
    Castlevania III
    Most portable Zelda titles
    Donkey Kong series (except a little of DKC1)
    Fire Emblem series*
    Minecraft*
    Sonic Colors
    Yoshi's Island
    Ratchet & Clank series
    Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3
    Any Spyro game except the first
    Batman Arkham series (except Asylum)
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Sly Cooper series
    Phoenix Wright series
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Kid Icarus Uprising

Many, many others but these seemed the most prominent off the top of my head. Now, if this was a list of popular games I've never FINISHED... I don't think I'd have time to type it out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've been told in multiplicity that I'd probably like Valkyria Chronicles, and I never bought it, but recently I was gifted it and now I'm like "hey guise this game is pretty gud".

Also Dwarf Fortress because the learning curve is more like a hangover cliff.

Back