• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geez, I haven't played in ages...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • How often do you play video games? Do you play more now than say, a few years ago? Are there any specific video games that you haven't played in ages, and would like to start up again some day? Why do(n't) you play as often as you do(n't)? Is the amount of gaming you get to perform your choice, or do outside factors control how much you game?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Unless one counts Fruit Ninja on my iPhone, I haven't played a video game since completing Pokemon Black nearly half a year ago. Part of it stems from being separated from my Wii, but I have a fully functioning DS only 2m away from where I am now, and it's gathering dust. Maybe I'm just getting older and losing interest... I dunno. I sorta keep up to date with gaming news, but not as much as I once did; priorities change, life goes on, some things tend to fall by the wayside, other pseudo-philosophical claptrap. The works.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've completed lots of my Video Games, I tend to find the ones I haven't played for months/year(s) and start playing them and get into a phase where I play them for months.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I use to play games into the late hours of the night, or not even sleep at all. But as the years past, my body decided that I needed more sleep, due to working all the time. I could never fight my ability to fall asleep so easily due to fatigue.

So I would say I don't play as much games as I use to, maybe just once a day, instead of constantly? Playing games is my way of relaxation, and I could never stop playing games, it's just in my blood haha.

Although there are a lot of games I haven't completed yet, but because I tend to forget things, it's hard to get back into a game I haven't played for a while. Since I don't rememeber where I am, what I need to do, etc. And I can't be bothered restarted the game, so it's better for me to play a game and try to finish it while I'm in the zone.

Unless it's an easy game where I don't need to know the story line, or have any unfinished missions. (Which is usually pokemon, although I had trouble remember where I was in Diamond and Pearl, Gen IV was never my favourite anyways.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My senior year and most of my first year of college, I played games all the freakin' time. Nowadays, everything that's not my DS hasn't been touched in months. ;( I feel so bad for that! I also feel bad that most games I have haven't been completed. If they're not Pokemon, Zelda, or Kingdom Hearts, they get played a bit, and then just kinda chill out. I'm not good at games by any means haha.

I don't play much anymore cause...idk. I was really into Tales of the Abyss early this year and suddenly, I just...quit playing. And I haven't played much ever since. There wasn't really much reason for it either, I don't think. I just didn't feel like playing. I think the games I've played the most this year are various Pokemon games, the first quarter of ToA, and Super Mario 64. That's really it. :( /bad person

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The beginning of this year I played soooo much. Idk why I slowed down, but after I beat OoT I haven't really touched my DS even though I have a bunch of games to play. And my sister got me Fallout 3 for my birthday and I feel bad that I haven't gotten past the first town haha. u_u

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to play video games all the time. It was my main past time, and I played through so many games. Now, though, I haven't really the time to play games. There's always something to do, or I'm not in the right mindset. I've started so many games, but never actually completed one. And now I have a DS, a Wii, a PS2, and a Nintendo collecting dust.

I would like to actually finish quite a few games and lessen my collection.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I play video games whenever I have free time, which is usually most of the time on weekends and holidays.

How long I spend playing them depends on how far I am in the game(s) I'm playing. When I still have a long way to go, I spend a lot of time playing, but when I get closer to completion, I tend to slow down a bit.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ha, most of my life is still wasted on video games. To be honest, considering some of the line ups for the end of this year and early next year, I think I'll be playing even more. It's sort of still building up for me to be honest.

Years
  • I really only play multiplayer games while I'm in college.

But when I'm home during the breaks I go crazy, beat a bunch of games, and then go back to having a life at college, aha.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I tend to play games often, only because it kills my boredom and I generally have nothing else better to do besides drawing. Of course, I don't play nonstop, and I avoid playing too much when i'm tired. I'm a gamer, and gaming is one of the things I do best. Once a gamer, always a gamer I suppose. :P

Years
  • Um...well...I play Computer games and MMOs a lot now, and now I actually have friends, so I rarely have time for video games...hell, I even stopped playing B/W to the point of even forgetting of what I was doing. But now I'm getting back into things I used to do, I guess cause I'm bored again...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Since school started I haven't played much at all :(

110% graduate student course load plus work leaves almost no time. Can't wait till the holidays when I can sit down and play for hours ^____^

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • my exams will be over in a few weeks, pretty sure i'll be playing games alot then. XD
    i remember playing games alot more last year and the start of this year, but with dancing, school, keeping up a social life (considering its meant to have been my busiest year at school it was pretty ironic that i started going out more...) having a gf at one stage and being a severe depresso after breaking up, i haven't had as much time to game as i would like to have. so i hope to get back into it after school is over, when i can actually feel completely relaxed not doing work :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I only play maybe 1 or 2 hours a day now. As I got older more things changed such as getting a full time job, moving in with my girlfriend and having a son, and now planning to get married, so a lot has changed and all of this has led to me playing less games, I still love them but I love time with my family a million times more, I only play now when they are both out.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to, and I'd attribute this to a number of things. The most obvious one is that as I've grown older I've diversified my interests, so I don't have as much time to play games as what I used to. I spend a lot of time on the internet, I roleplay quite a lot, and I read a great deal, just to name a few things. There just aren't enough hours in the day to play as much as I used to.

There is also my education to consider. University is a hell of a lot more demanding than school was and, whilst I wouldn't say it was as hard as College, it seems to take up considerably more of my time.

Also, games just don't interest me as much as they used to. It takes something really, REALLY special to keep my attention for longer than an hour at most. I still enjoy games, but they don't captivate me like they used to; NieR and Xenoblade Chronicles are perhaps the only two games that have had me hooked anywhere near what I used to be. Things change, and I wouldn't say it was for the better overall.

Specific video games I'd like to play again...there are a lot of these. I'd love to start up a new file on Baten Kaitos, to name but one that has been on my mind recently. I must be due a replay of Tales of Symphonia by now as well, and I'd like to play Final Fantasy XII again as well. Just to name a few. But that said, there are a few titles coming out that I'd like to try, and a few I have yet to finish, so I don't really have the time right now...

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I play whenever I have free time, but I'm always making sure that this doesn't affect my schedule in studying, but I have to admit, I can't live without playing a single game in a day. :'x

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • A little more than I should be, to be honest.

But it doesn't really matter, since I make it work. I can fit in everything else I need to do in the day and still have enough time to get in a few hours of gaming. It works for me.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • How often do you play video games?
    -I play pretty much 24/7. whenever I'm home it's either videogames, computer, or piano. I play games at least 8 hours a day on weekends and about 3-4 hours on weekdays.

Do you play more now than say, a few years ago?
    -Hmmm, I would say about the same amount. When I was little, I was also a big gamer just like I am now. I would spend countless hours in a small office at my dad's old restaurant, and play Spyro/Crash Bandicoot/Pokemon/GTA/everything else.

Are there any specific video games that you haven't played in ages, and would like to start up again some day?
    -I would love to play a Spyro or a Crash Bandicoot game again. Like I metioned above, I used to play them all the time but that was when I had a PS1. I cannot wait until the Spyro game comes out for the 3DS/Wii soon, so I can get back into it! :D

Why do(n't) you play as often as you do(n't)?
    -I guess I play as often as I do because i'm just addicted. Gaming is a huge part of my life, and I would be extremely bored without it. Plus i've met a lot of good friends through it.

Is the amount of gaming you get to perform your choice, or do outside factors control how much you game?
    -It is usually a choice for me, but sometimes my friends, random people, or commercials influence it a lot. I might not have played a certain game in awhile, but if I get reminded of it again, or I meet someone who likes the game and plays it all the time, I will usually start playing the game again. I get influenced VERY easily, and it makes everything I do very exciting!

Back