• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 9 memes

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Bellibolt design origin:
    72f.jpg

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    What starter will you use?

i will use Fuecoco know as Chochodile in french.

And what is the version you will choose?

i will take scarlet because i want a beautiful motorcycle, motorcycle Miraidon and Koraidon is a meme.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • The game is finally out officially, so I can post this! Under a spoiler tag, of course.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for sharing these facts about Spain! I just started learning Spanish this year so I was super excited to know Gen 9 is inspired by Spain and I hope that Paldea can continue to teach me more about the country! I decided to play the game in Spanish lol wish me luck :laugh-squinted:

Did I hear memes? Have a bunch of memes from Spanish Twitter™ with some explanations.

FMnGulHXMAYoVG1

Patxi (pronounced Pachi) is a very common name in the Basque Country [that's the flag on the background], a state in northern Spain. In Legends Arceus, the trainer that asks you to fill Pachirisu's Dex entry is called Patxi in the Spanish version. They must do something about this.

FMnE8wRX0AESJlV

The current government coalition features these two parties: the red social-democratic PSOE and the purple, communist Unidas Podemos. Kind of hilarious that they chose those colours.

FMrhIo9XMAQUj1Q

A reference to the traditional Holy Week Processions, especially in the southern state of Andalusia.

FMqdD4oXoAEGYc1

The Osborne Bull (Toro de Osborne) is a famous sign that dots our highways.

FMnktJ6XoAcUekf

For some obscure reason, there's a long-running meme of Dragonite listening to the Spanish anthem. Cue laughter as the Dratini line is confirmed to be in the games by a shot of a Dratini statue at one point in the trailer.

FMrO3EkXMAISzr1

"Madrid Water" is a common joke in Spain, as it's considered to be *the* definitive tap water, and you can identify someone from Madrid as they (we) will invariably ask whether water from X town we're visiting is as good as ours. Mahou is one of the best-selling beer brands.

Back