• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen General Chat Caf?

Years
  • I do sometimes love the expressions Brendan and May pull off, but to me I was mainly cracking up at Brendan because I'm female and therefore played as May.

Years
  • I guess that is due to the popular shipping between Brendan and May back in the golden ol' days. :P It's a homage to those players, I suppose.

As for me, I tried to look it in a platonic way since I didn't hear the exact ILY words. :P

I definitely sorta picked that up. I'm not sure how prominent it is throughout the game, but the scene at the beginning where she gets embarrassed and starts blushing just sorta set the tone of their relationship for the rest of the game for me :P

I did as well. Very evident in the Delta episode as well. A pity imo because I don't actually like the rival. Designs are alright, but the personality (or lack thereof) I've had issue with since RSE. So hence the game shipping them with me really doesn't make me like them any more. =/ Ah well...

Hmm I never really gauged there personality, to me most of characters just seem like set pieces with generic lines.

Ugh the romances were the only part of the extended story that I couldn't stand. Brandon felt like a real wimp to me and it was a chore having to put up with him, like post-Elite Four and he challenges you to a battle and it felt very underwhelming because his team wasn't all that impressive and his dialog wasn't very inspiring either.

I just beat the 8th gym and I am thinking of catching/leveling my boxed mons first so I haven't challenged May at the E4 yet (playing as Brandon, named the character my name, am I the only one who still does this?)

I do sometimes love the expressions Brendan and May pull off, but to me I was mainly cracking up at Brendan because I'm female and therefore played as May.

Ahh yeah I play as Brandon cause I am a guy, thought not to say I never pick girl in the games (I usually switch around if I do a second playthrough or play a diffferent version of the same game), but I have seen some lets plays where Brandon is like looool friendzoooone!!! To May!! but from what I have seen as playing as Brandon is the may seems more sweet towards you.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I wish they changed the Battle Maison Pokemon sets because they got new/tutoring moves/new egg moves. We're still fighting the same sets from XY as if they were never taught tutoring moves.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I wish they changed the Battle Maison Pokemon sets because they got new/tutoring moves/new egg moves. We're still fighting the same sets from XY as if they were never taught tutoring moves.

That is done to preserve the compatibility between XY and ORAS. If 'Z version' has a Battle Maison, most likely that will be the case as well (As seen from Generation III and Generation IV Battle Towers, Generation V Battle Subways).

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • If you haven't noticed, Platinum/HG/SS Battle Tower had an entirely different AND better sets than Diamond/Pearl's Battle Tower. Hopefully GF won't get lazy with their newest game if there is one. Also, it shouldn't even mess with the compatibility because these sets can be edited without messing the game itself.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If you haven't noticed, Platinum/HG/SS Battle Tower had an entirely different AND better sets than Diamond/Pearl's Battle Tower. Hopefully GF won't get lazy with their newest game if there is one. Also, it shouldn't even mess with the compatibility because these sets can be edited without messing the game itself.

Oops, Diamond and Pearl's slipped off the mind.

I'm not sure about them expanding/improving the Battle Maison. Have you read the interview about the lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS? (:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hmm I don't know I mean, OR/AS and X&Y are just barely compatible, since you can't bring the OR/AS Mega Stones into a battle with an X&Y player. If I had to guess, it's probably just something they overlooked haha.

I'm not sure about them expanding/improving the Battle Maison. Have you read the interview about the lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS? (:

Oh god don't even remind me of that interview ugh haha

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • Total BS that interview was... and the Maison had copies of the sets from the Battle Subway, which was a lazy thing to do. Also, they don't need to expand the Maison, just change the movesets around to have tutoring moves. Imagine fighting Gunk Shot Greninja in the Maison or Dazzling Gleam Delphox or a Drain Punch Chesnaught.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    They could have had expand the Inverse Battle as a battle facility, instead of a tiny shop in Mauville. While not the best, it had potential...

Years
  • They could have had expand the Inverse Battle as a battle facility, instead of a tiny shop in Mauville. While not the best, it had potential...

XY's Inverse Battle trainer had like, competitive strength. He often had very smart AI and competitive-based movesets, making him hard to defeat.

In ORAS, it isn't as much of an issue because the Pokemon this time are much weaker and lower-leveled.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    XY's Inverse Battle trainer had like, competitive strength. He often had very smart AI and competitive-based movesets, making him hard to defeat.

In ORAS, it isn't as much of an issue because the Pokemon this time are much weaker and lower-leveled.

I haven't tried the ORAS one after post-game, but I do agree Inver is hella difficult in XY. @_@ He nearly knocked my team twice during the mono Fairy challenge...

Years
  • I often relied on False Swipe just so I could hit the 7 super-effective hits requirement to get the evolution stones and he still catches me with surprise attacks that I'm weak to under his mechanics. 7 is just a ridiculous amount of super-effective hits to land because he'll more likely land them on you than you'd land on him.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • They could have had expand the Inverse Battle as a battle facility, instead of a tiny shop in Mauville. While not the best, it had potential...

Oh... I LOVE Inverse battles! Some Pokemon are easier to defeat under Inverse. Oh and about Inver, he has 6 IV Pokemon and they're EV trained.

I often relied on False Swipe just so I could hit the 7 super-effective hits requirement to get the evolution stones and he still catches me with surprise attacks that I'm weak to under his mechanics. 7 is just a ridiculous amount of super-effective hits to land because he'll more likely land them on you than you'd land on him.

That's not how it works. You lose those points if you're hit by an SE move. You need to be hit with NVE moves to rack up the points without you having to deal SE damage.
    Speaking of SE damage, Freeze-Dry is still SE against Water types in Inverse... so you can knock an Empoleon off his feet with that move.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh... I LOVE Inverse battles! Some Pokemon are easier to defeat under Inverse. Oh and about Inver, he has 6 IV Pokemon and they're EV trained.

Just imagine if there's a Grass-type Gym as the final Gym. The twist is: Inverse Battle. Grass-types kill 7 types.

It's time for my Roserade to shine, she really hits hard. (:

tumblr_inline_nt30oaAAGm1s6n71n_500.gif

Blaziken and Mawile are able to ascend to Uber, why not my Roserade!?

Years
  • That's not how it works. You lose those points if you're hit by an SE move. You need to be hit with NVE moves to rack up the points without you having to deal SE damage.
    Speaking of SE damage, Freeze-Dry is still SE against Water types in Inverse... so you can knock an Empoleon off his feet with that move.

I kept forgetting that, but yes he is a smart trainer so it's likely he'll try and take points off you by hitting you with advantages. But wow Freeze-Dry being 4x SE to an Empoleon because its mechanics are unchanged? That is odd.

And you know, Grass is not only beast in Inverse. Bug is as well, having seven type advantages, but Normal is the real king because it is seriously broken. Normal can literally hit everything unresisted.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I still have yet to try Inverse Battles in ORAS. I remember always losing to Inver in X&Y--in fact, I'm not even sure if I ever beat him. I guess Inverse battles are something they could have expanded on in ORAS, but I'm not sure what the best way would have been to go about it. They could have made some gym battles inverse battles, like Sun said, but eh...that'd kill the whole nostalgia factor of the remakes, so not too sure that would be the best route to take haha. Maybe if they had integrated it into gym leader rematches somehow? That would have been pretty neat.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Good old Inver. I also lost to him the first time I fought him because I was really not prepared for that battle.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • One time I fought Inver in XY... I actually made his Gourgeist grovel at my Tyrantrum's feet. Kept Flinch-haxing with Stomp although the damage from the Rocky Helmet was my only tick.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • So funny thing: I just realized as I was playing yesterday that when soaring, you can hold B to move faster. I knew you could press B to do that thrusty move, but I never realized you could hold it to fly faster xD After all this time I've been playing I still can't believe I never knew about that haha

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    So funny thing: I just realized as I was playing yesterday that when soaring, you can hold B to move faster. I knew you could press B to do that thrusty move, but I never realized you could hold it to fly faster xD After all this time I've been playing I still can't believe I never knew about that haha

Are you serious? :O
    Gosh I wish I'd known about this sooner.

Back