• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen General Chat Caf?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • I knew about the speeding up. Do it literally all the time when I'm soaring on Latias.

Hika why didn't you tell me??

I always just spammed B and did the thrusting move over and over again. This changes everything :) Also, I'm just finding out Murkrow is really rare to encounter while soaring. I thought I remembered running into them pretty commonly in the past, and yet the other day I spent like 20 minutes straight trying to find one, with no success :c

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I actually had more luck encountering Murkrow. The real rare one to me was Braviary, but most common... definitely Taillow.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I actually had more luck encountering Murkrow. The real rare one to me was Braviary, but most common... definitely Taillow.

I've seen like 10 Braviary up in the sky, is it really that rare?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think Braviary, Murkrow and Drifloon all have a 5% encounter rate.

I must be lucky for those Drifloon and Braviary. XD

But a friend is luckier, he has captured over 30 shinies (not counting his chain fish shinies) in his Gen V and Gen VI games. He wasn't even purposely hunting or Masuda hatching. Freaky.

Years
  • But a friend is luckier, he has captured over 30 shinies (not counting his chain fish shinies) in his Gen V and Gen VI games. He wasn't even purposely hunting or Masuda hatching. Freaky.

Funny to learn that I have a shiny Drifloon in X... I found like six shinies alone in that game without any cheap tricks, Masuda Method or anything.

Anyways, I'm watching Tealgamemaster's Alpha Sapphire Let's Play and he has this hilarious "7.8 Too Much Water" alert popping up a lot, complete with a picture of a bottle of water nonetheless! I have been watching a lot of his videos lately, especially given a good chunk of games I played were in his Let's Play catalogue.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • On the topics of Shiny Pokemon, I encountered my first wild Shiny in years today during my Omega Ruby Wonderlocke challenge. I had just beaten the twins' gym, and was on my way to Groudon's underwater cavern, when I encountered a shiny Tentacool.

Also, it's Hoenn, there can never be enough water :P .

Edit: To advance the conversation, I ask this; what was the first wild shiny you've encountered in ORAS *if applicable*?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • No shinies for me in ORAS so far, not like I've been hunting for them though. I've heard that the chance of finding shinies in ORAS (and perhaps XY) has been increased, is this true?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • No shinies for me in ORAS so far, not like I've been hunting for them though. I've heard that the chance of finding shinies in ORAS (and perhaps XY) has been increased, is this true?

Yea, 6th gen in general has doubled the shiny encounter rate. Previous generations were 1/8192, 6th gen is 1/4096.
    We also have a few new chaining methods, like chain fishing and DexNav chaining, but there's not a whole lot of hard data on what the increased odds are from those methods. DexNav might just have a higher chance for a shiny encounter without even requiring any chaining at all, from what I've read. (source)

Years
  • Sup!!!!!!!!!!! So I just beat the delta episode and have a few thoughts (feel free to express your thoughts to).

-Does anyone feel bad for beating wally before the E4? I mean his "oh its okay I will try better" made me feel sad for him
    -The E4 wasnt bad but I feel like steven was only hard because of damn sturdy and only one of his fossil pokemon and mega metagross, do u guys feel the same?
    -I played as brandon so i was suprised when may asked me to battle after the credits, i felt the designers made her pokes underlevel so you wouldnt loose
    -Was Zania (the dragon chick in the delta episode) suppose to be hard or is mega rayquaza just OP as eff?? Okay her mega salmence somehow one shotted me with a crit because i used dragon ascent instead of dragon pulse but i reverted back to when i was suppose to catch ray and then battled her again and just one shotted all her pokes
    -I love that prof birch gives you more starters, i only got jhoto and unova since i havent beat E4 yet, but that machop chasing him killed me :v

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Sup!!!!!!!!!!! So I just beat the delta episode and have a few thoughts (feel free to express your thoughts to).

-Does anyone feel bad for beating wally before the E4? I mean his "oh its okay I will try better" made me feel sad for him
    -The E4 wasnt bad but I feel like steven was only hard because of damn sturdy and only one of his fossil pokemon and mega metagross, do u guys feel the same?
    -I played as brandon so i was suprised when may asked me to battle after the credits, i felt the designers made her pokes underlevel so you wouldnt loose
    -Was Zania (the dragon chick in the delta episode) suppose to be hard or is mega rayquaza just OP as eff?? Okay her mega salmence somehow one shotted me with a crit because i used dragon ascent instead of dragon pulse but i reverted back to when i was suppose to catch ray and then battled her again and just one shotted all her pokes
    -I love that prof birch gives you more starters, i only got jhoto and unova since i havent beat E4 yet, but that machop chasing him killed me :v

Hiya ^^

You know, I did feel a little bad for Wally, but he doesn't take it too hard and I like his attitude in response to losing. He just takes it as motivation to work even harder, and he doesn't give up his dream of one day defeating you. On the other hand...I felt sorry for Brendan ;-; He seems genuinely disappointed that you've gotten so much stronger than him so quickly. Although I like him a lot better in this game than in RSE, since in those games he sorta just...stops being relevant after your final battle with him. In OR/AS, it's nice to see that he learns to use Mega Evolution and we even get to battle alongside him in the Battle Maison (which I still haven't done yet, maybe I'll give that a try some time).

I didn't find Zinnia too hard, but it's been a while since I actually did the battle so I don't remember if I one-shotted everything. But I'm pretty sure Mega Rayquaza being so OP has a lot to do with it haha.

And yea! It's pretty awesome the way this game has all the remaining starters from other regions. And it's pretty hilarious how there's something different chasing him each time--just wait until you get the Sinnoh starters from him, that's the most hilarious one out of all of them xD

Years
  • I really liked how you were able to get other starters in the postgame, because it reunited me with my beloved Oshawott.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I really liked how you were able to get other starters in the postgame, because it reunited me with my beloved Oshawott.

Preach.

Wally is a good kid, he knew that you were giving it your all *mostly because he DID tell you not to hold back*. His response, while sad, was also good. Wally is determined to beat you, so he may have lost the battle, but the war still rages on. In a way, you are Wally's pillar to strive for.

Your rival is actually somewhat relevant in this game, which is great. In R/S/E, the Rival stopped being relevant after you encounter them in Lilycove City, you couldn't even see their Starter's final evolution. Besides, your Rival didn't strive to be the best Trainer in Hoenn *yes, even Brenden*, your Rival set out on the journey, not only for the experience, but also to help their Father *Birch* complete his research.

Zinnia was actually a pushover for me. Even in previous battles without Mega Rayquaza, I almost never had issues with her. To her credit, however, I had a Sylveon that was pushing Level 60...

The fact that Birch gave you the other region starters was really cool. However, it kind of disappointed me that they were essentially box fillers. I've never really enjoyed the idea of obtaining the other Starters in the end-game. I hardly ever train them, and they just get put in the box.

I suppose it's helpful for a potential future Nuzlocke, if I decide I want one of them as my Starter to mix things up. At the same time, however, I really wish they would do the giveaway during the main story-line, like they did in Yellow. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get those Starters instead of having to extract them from my older games, I just wish they were given to you at a more appropriate time.

Another alternative would be to give these Starters their Hidden Abilities, thus making them slightly more relevant, and make the player more willing to train them. Though, I'd always train the Oshawott.

Years
  • Hiya ^^

You know, I did feel a little bad for Wally, but he doesn't take it too hard and I like his attitude in response to losing. He just takes it as motivation to work even harder, and he doesn't give up his dream of one day defeating you. On the other hand...I felt sorry for Brendan ;-; He seems genuinely disappointed that you've gotten so much stronger than him so quickly. Although I like him a lot better in this game than in RSE, since in those games he sorta just...stops being relevant after your final battle with him. In OR/AS, it's nice to see that he learns to use Mega Evolution and we even get to battle alongside him in the Battle Maison (which I still haven't done yet, maybe I'll give that a try some time).

I didn't find Zinnia too hard, but it's been a while since I actually did the battle so I don't remember if I one-shotted everything. But I'm pretty sure Mega Rayquaza being so OP has a lot to do with it haha.

And yea! It's pretty awesome the way this game has all the remaining starters from other regions. And it's pretty hilarious how there's something different chasing him each time--just wait until you get the Sinnoh starters from him, that's the most hilarious one out of all of them xD

I really liked how you were able to get other starters in the postgame, because it reunited me with my beloved Oshawott.

Preach.

Wally is a good kid, he knew that you were giving it your all *mostly because he DID tell you not to hold back*. His response, while sad, was also good. Wally is determined to beat you, so he may have lost the battle, but the war still rages on. In a way, you are Wally's pillar to strive for.

Your rival is actually somewhat relevant in this game, which is great. In R/S/E, the Rival stopped being relevant after you encounter them in Lilycove City, you couldn't even see their Starter's final evolution. Besides, your Rival didn't strive to be the best Trainer in Hoenn *yes, even Brenden*, your Rival set out on the journey, not only for the experience, but also to help their Father *Birch* complete his research.

Zinnia was actually a pushover for me. Even in previous battles without Mega Rayquaza, I almost never had issues with her. To her credit, however, I had a Sylveon that was pushing Level 60...

The fact that Birch gave you the other region starters was really cool. However, it kind of disappointed me that they were essentially box fillers. I've never really enjoyed the idea of obtaining the other Starters in the end-game. I hardly ever train them, and they just get put in the box.

I suppose it's helpful for a potential future Nuzlocke, if I decide I want one of them as my Starter to mix things up. At the same time, however, I really wish they would do the giveaway during the main story-line, like they did in Yellow. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get those Starters instead of having to extract them from my older games, I just wish they were given to you at a more appropriate time.

Another alternative would be to give these Starters their Hidden Abilities, thus making them slightly more relevant, and make the player more willing to train them. Though, I'd always train the Oshawott.

Yeah I was able to get all the starters from each batch so far and yeah it's hard to train if your just repeating battles. I think the elite 4 and Steven got a bit harder now since Im still mid to low 60 while they are low 70s. Also glacia breaks my heart... She used my favourite move against me. She collapsed my mega blaziken into nothingness O.o with her absolute zero sheer cold..... I don't recall her using it during our first battle...

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Well, day 3 of owning Pokemon OR. Good game but it seems to end so quickly. Already I am trying to get the 7th gym badge. It's a good game and the Amie is an amazing addition and there is plenty to do in this generation but I also have some nitpicks like the overuse of Plusle cameos and how annoying it is to catch an Eevee. So far it's pretty solid.

Years
  • and how annoying it is to catch an Eevee. So far it's pretty solid.

You'll actually be able to catch Eevee with DexNav on Route 116 after the Groudon encounter, since you'll be able to get the National Dex and open up new Pokemon to obtain exclusively with the DexNav. I actually got a female HA Eevee myself, and she's now a Sylveon that knows how to wreck.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Heh. I didn't know specific Pokemon are only caught with the dexNav. In speaking of Plusle is that how you also find Minun's good (and apprently really famous) friend in this version or do I just have to keep looking where I found my Minun? I encountered plenty of Minun and own one as well but no Plusle which is odd because I see a lot of trainer NPCS with Plusles. I just wanna try them out in a double battle. I always caught Minuns but never their red counterparts.

Years
  • Heh. I didn't know specific Pokemon are only caught with the dexNav. In speaking of Plusle is that how you also find Minun's good (and apprently really famous) friend in this version or do I just have to keep looking where I found my Minun? I encountered plenty of Minun and own one as well but no Plusle which is odd because I see a lot of trainer NPCS with Plusles. I just wanna try them out in a double battle. I always caught Minuns but never their red counterparts.

Plusle and Minun have what I call "pseudo version-exclusive" status. Plusle is found mostly in AS while Minun is in OR, however you can find the other one in a horde battle by using Honey or Sweet Scent in the grass. They had similar exclusivity in X/Y as well, Plusle in the "blue" game and Minun in the "red" game.

Back