• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
Is there a cheat/hack that gives you the gym badges without actually battling the leaders? I recently purchased Black 2 on Ebay and the previous owner had beat the E4 yet when I was going through the game to grab the legendries I realized that the last 2 gym leaders hadn't been fought...when looking at when the gym badges were obtained, the last 2 say 0/0/2000

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Is there a cheat/hack that gives you the gym badges without actually battling the leaders? I recently purchased Black 2 on Ebay and the previous owner had beat the E4 yet when I was going through the game to grab the legendries I realized that the last 2 gym leaders hadn't been fought...when looking at when the gym badges were obtained, the last 2 say 0/0/2000

Cheats for these kind of things are available for other Pokémon games, so I'm sure same could be said for fifth generation ones; the person who you've bought it from must have used an Action Replay to get through those Elite Four, sadly.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hello,
So I just downloaded Pokedex 3D pro on my 3DS but I dont know how to import photos or export photos of pokemon. I know you can add pokemon to a photo and save it to your SD and put it on your computer, but I cant figure out how.

Please help.

You'll need to find AR markers for the pokémon you want to snap a photo of. You can find them here. Just print them out (or you can even scan it through your monitor) and when you aim your camera on it, the pokémon should appear and you can take a picture. The link should have some instructions on doing this.

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Pokemon Explorers of Sky Starter Advice

Hello everyone! I currently restarted Explorers of Darkness, but I really feel like replaying Explorers of Sky. The only problem is I have a save file where I've beaten Darkrai and evolved into Umbreon and Meganium.

I like this save file, but I'm tired of these pokemon. Umbreon is my favorite pokemon ever, so I still like being her, but I'm kind of sick of Megainum.

My other favorite video game is Fire Emblem Awakening, and my husbando is Lon'qu from those games. I'd really like to restart and have a badass male companion this time named Lon'qu, so we can explore dungeons together.

I generally see Lon'qu as a treecko, but I'd like him to be something else this time. I'd like to be an eevee again, but I don't necessarily need to be Umbreon again. I'd like offensive pokemon, as Umbreon and Meganium generally lean toward defensive. I've played as Piplup before, and loved it, so other starts than eevee are okay too. I'm thinking Riolu or Skinx as my partner, or maybe Meowth (I love that technician+ Pay day and I started as one in Darkness, and Hypnosis as great too). I also love Skitty, basically any cat pokemon will bump to my favorites. What I'm asking is, what's a good team that will support each other well and be powerful for post-game too.

Examples of teams I like: Umbreon+Lucario, Empoleon+Persian, Delcatty+Luxray

Thanks for answering!!

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Let's see... Lon'qu's hairstyle makes me think of Luxray & there's the fact that Lon'qu & Luxray starts with a "L"...
Not sure if that matters to you, but Luxray is a good late game pokemon, as it can learn Discharge, which hits all enemies in the room.
& he'll also take 20% less damage from physical attacks.

You could be a Leafeon, which can attack & heal at once with Giga Drain & can put enemies to sleep with Grasswhistle.
(but keep in mind that the enemies of the later dungeon often has IQ skill that prevents sleep.)
Leafeon can learn Swords Dance & has some good physical attacks to use with it:
Quick Attack, Razor Leaf, Wide Slash, (If you want, I can get you a wonder mail password that'll get you the Wide Slash TM.) Dig
& Bullet Seed.

While Lon'qu the Luxray would cover your Flying weakness, you'd cover his Ground weakness.

I can think of other options, if you'd like me to.

EDITED IN:
Luxray's IQ skills will allow it to deal HUGE amounts of damage, but at the cost of defensive ability, which is counter-acted some because
of the Intimidate ability. (& also the Intimidator & Brick Tough IQ skills.)
He can get a IQ skill called Erractic Player, which causes type trumping to be more effective both ways, so turn it off in dungeons with Ground types
& turn it on in dungeons that has primaily Water &/or Flying types.
Try to get his IQ to 5.5 ASAP, because he'll be close to learning Extra Striker, which sometimes makes him attack with the same move
twice in one turn, at the cost of an additional PP.
Extra Striker will make Discharge especially good at clearing out Monster Houses.

Leafeon's IQ skills are more about utility, like allowing it to cross all terrians, get extra EXP, destroying traps instead of triggering
them when you step on them, sensing the general direction of the stairs, getting extra PP & occasionally not using any.
Also gets Gap Prober, which will allow you to use moves like Razor Leaf & Bullet Seed to help your allies fight by shooting though them
& damaging enemies only. (but turn it off if you're not controlling Leafeon, because AI pokemon with Gap Prober will try to attack though walls,
which isn't possible in most cases.)

There are other great IQ skill that these 2 can get, but this should be sufficent amout of info to help you decide what to do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Fake Pokemon FireRed GBA Cartridge?

I recently bought a cartridge of FR on eBay. (>o<) Of course, knowing that there are many fakes out there, I did my research. I was pretty confident that it was a legit copy. I received it today and compared it to my copy of LG.
The LG cartridge is 100% REAL since I bought at the store when it came out.

I took some picture that you can see down below~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Any ideas if the FireRed cartridge could be fake?
Thank you ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So far, you're looking good. I can't tell from the picture if that label is shiny though. If it is, I'd say you're in the clear. You can also check this post to find out more information.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
Ghost from Pokémon Tower (Pokémon Red/Blue)

I see an wild pokémon in pokémon tower and i can't attack her, i said wow and trow a ball but don't it don't work. It say "Go... Go..." and i run. After that i run away from the tower.

What was that??

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Uh...
You can find out in one of two ways. The first is to get the Silph Scope from Silph Co. in Saffron City which should be under the attack of Team Rocket. Or you can read the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

Years
Uh...
You can find out in one of two ways. The first is to get the Silph Scope from Silph Co. in Saffron City which should be under the attack of Team Rocket. Or you can read the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

You mean the Rocket Hideout in the Celadon Game Corner. That's the place to go to get the Silph Scope, but you have to beat the rocket boss, Giovanni, to get it. The prize for taking down Team Rocket at Silph Co. in Saffron City is a Master Ball from the president of Silph Co.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
You mean the Rocket Hideout in the Celadon Game Corner. That's the place to go to get the Silph Scope, but you have to beat the rocket boss, Giovanni, to get it. The prize for taking down Team Rocket at Silph Co. in Saffron City is a Master Ball from the president of Silph Co.
Ah yes! You're right.
I guess I thought Silph Co. because of 'Silph' Scope xD.

Years
1. If I buy a Pokemon Ranger game, could I still play that Manaphy Egg mission, and transfer to my Platinum/SS without WiFi since it was shut down?

2. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, is it still somehow (without cheating) possible to get Manaphy egg, Riolu or Darkrai? I cant download the missions anymore (I think?) and I'd reaaaally like to get these Pokes without cheating coder and whatnot. (I am not counting in those codes that you can put after getting into Password screen (R+X+Left))

Any advice on this? :D

Years
1. If I buy a Pokemon Ranger game, could I still play that Manaphy Egg mission, and transfer to my Platinum/SS without WiFi since it was shut down?

2. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, is it still somehow (without cheating) possible to get Manaphy egg, Riolu or Darkrai? I cant download the missions anymore (I think?) and I'd reaaaally like to get these Pokes without cheating coder and whatnot. (I am not counting in those codes that you can put after getting into Password screen (R+X+Left))

Any advice on this? :D

Unfortunately, you cannot get any of the events without a cheating device. Nintendo shut off the online features for all the DS and Wii games, so accessing the Internet on the Ranger games is no longer possible.

Years
Unfortunately, you cannot get any of the events without a cheating device. Nintendo shut off the online features for all the DS and Wii games, so accessing the Internet on the Ranger games is no longer possible.

Yes but isnt that Manaphy Egg mission already implemented in the cartridge, and you only need the password to access it?

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Question?

Okay guys so I have been debating for a while, Having not purchased a 3DS (sticking to playing Rom Hacks lately) Do you think that I should get one so I will be able to play Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire as well as Pokemon X & Y? Thoughts please!

Years
It depends on if you want to or not. Generally, the 3DS is getting pretty cheap, so in US dollars, you can easily pick one up for, say, 130 dollars. I'd say yes, but then again, it's up to you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
So I've been getting all these messages when I've tried to play my HeartGold, Platinum and Black games again saying wi-fi connection has been discontinued...I looked it up and apparently this even applies to Black 2?

1. That's ridiculous that a game less than a year old has no wi-fi, looking at how Xbox360 and the like are supported. You'd think Nintendo would want to try keep us loyal.
2. I only bought Black 2 a month ago, haven't played it yet...are there any key features or even plot points that explicitly require wi-fi that I'm going to lose out on? Or just trading?

This has irritated me ridiculously, I never bought X&Y because I don't have the money for a 3DS, I was happy with my old games, you could always find non-ridiculous offers on GTS if you looked hard enough...now it's almost like they're sending me back to the bad old days of Gen III, where I was perenially stuck with unevolved Kadabra and Machoke and no way to complete my Pokédex (I have literally no way of obtaining Glameow now). But anyway, rant over, please try and help with my questions.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So I've been getting all these messages when I've tried to play my HeartGold, Platinum and Black games again saying wi-fi connection has been discontinued...I looked it up and apparently this even applies to Black 2?

1. That's ridiculous that a game less than a year old has no wi-fi, looking at how Xbox360 and the like are supported. You'd think Nintendo would want to try keep us loyal.
2. I only bought Black 2 a month ago, haven't played it yet...are there any key features or even plot points that explicitly require wi-fi that I'm going to lose out on? Or just trading?

This has irritated me ridiculously, I never bought X&Y because I don't have the money for a 3DS, I was happy with my old games, you could always find non-ridiculous offers on GTS if you looked hard enough...now it's almost like they're sending me back to the bad old days of Gen III, where I was perenially stuck with unevolved Kadabra and Machoke and no way to complete my Pokédex (I have literally no way of obtaining Glameow now). But anyway, rant over, please try and help with my questions.
To answer your question, the only things in the game that require WiFi are trading and battling with other people. Everything else can be done without WiFi. Though your Join Avenue will not get as many people flowing through it if you had WiFi.

It does kinda suck that Nintendo cut the WiFi services for the DS family, but Gen 5 came at the end of the DS's lifespan (I think it started in like 2005, right?), and at this point they really want people to shift to the 3DS. Not to mention that it costs them money to keep up the WiFi servers for the DS/DS Lite/DSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back