• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Depends upon how many posts you're required to do haha. Isn't Fargona one of the older IPs that had stopped for a while?

P.S: Just wondering if anybody shows any interest in this old RP of mine: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=315195
    Yeh, I'm quite determined to keep it alive this time though, lol. Don't really want a year's worth of work to go to waste. There's maybe like. One or two posts a month right now. ...Really, I need to go yell at some people and get 'em to post. And as for spots, the last ones are on a first-come-first-serve basis :P I gave up on reservations when people just didn't post their SUs.

And, I don't really have the time right at this moment to read that RP, but I did glance briefly over it and it seems like something I would find interesting owo

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I need to go yell at some people and get 'em to post.

I feel like actively engaging people like this will make them feel more wanted. It's probably a great addition to your plan if you're willing to put in the effort.

In other news, I sometimes miss being more directly involved in the RPs here. It's a shame that life has yielded me such a roller coaster of a muse. I'm just cruising through, seeing if something doesn't inspire me to throw myself at an RP whilst I am planning to give my own RPs some attention.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
    I posted an idea awhile back about Poke apocalypse and final fantasy style stuff... I haven't been able to think of a good way to make it into a playable RP when I suddenly remembered Cutlerine's "A smell of Petroleum..."

While I believe that was technically a fan fic, a text based adventure where there can be an infinite number of players all issuing commands to a single character that the GM would type up the results to would theoretically work and be allowed right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I posted an idea awhile back about Poke apocalypse and final fantasy style stuff... I haven't been able to think of a good way to make it into a playable RP when I suddenly remembered Cutlerine's "A smell of Petroleum..."

While I believe that was technically a fan fic, a text based adventure where there can be an infinite number of players all issuing commands to a single character that the GM would type up the results to would theoretically work and be allowed right?
    That doesn't really fit into the frames of how we do roleplaying in the Roleplay Corner, unless I'm mistaken. It sounds more like Choose Your Own Adventure threads that have been done in the Forum Games section before (or Pokemon Trivia section if it was pokemon related). And they were popular!

So, I think RPC style RPing should have several players writing and portraying characters. Fanfiction & Writing style stories should focus on proper storytelling and mainly have one (or a few?) authors without any real roleplaying elements. Forum Games/Pokemon Trivia stuff is more casual and can probably involve any number of people and won't exactly have to be long winded and well written - unless the storyteller wants that of course! Any thoughts on these lines I'm drawing here? :p

ALSO we suddenly got several new RPs. Yay! Check them out!

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Just trying to get a little conversation going!

When writing and/or reading an RP, what do you think sticks with you the longest? The memorable characters, the story, the message? Why do you think that is?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd say it's probably the memorable characters. A story often gets drowned out of my brain, its finer details and nuances forgotten beyond the basic premise. In fact, I have quite some issue keeping track of plots. It's one of my main weaknesses as a roleplayer.

But a hilarious and awesome character? I'll never forget about them. They will inspire me far beyond even when the roleplay has died. To look at myself in a different way, as well as to recall that particular roleplay. That's why it's called roleplaying, isn't it? Because you're playing a different role. I think of the activity as being an actor in the form of writing. Characters are most important to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever thought (or have done) of an Elder Scrolls RP O.o?

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
    @The Last Sentinel

Personally, it's both. The most memorable RP I've been in had an intriguing story, as classic and used as it is, and rather memorable leaders, in the form of a kickbutt Lopunny general and an insane Delphox, as well as several other characters, like this special Linoone. XP

By the ways, I don't think I can say this in the Planning & Review thread as I actually haven't written down an actual story for the idea. I had an idea for a Fossil Fighters RP but one of the things that makes me not so sure in proceeding is that not many would join, plus, I have no idea if can manage an RP. X/

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I would like to have a RP like Pokemon Conquest... Yet slightly different... Who knows? I had this in mind for some days ago and i have some ideas.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    When writing and/or reading an RP, what do you think sticks with you the longest? The memorable characters, the story, the message? Why do you think that is?

I think the story is most important, but what sticks with me the longest are the characters. The interactions they could potentially have, the way they could impact the story, and the way they influence each other is intriguing to see. A set of well-crafted characters could potentially keep an RP going for longer than previously foreseen, solely on their likability or playability .

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

I think both the character and the Story that has influenced them are the things that stay the longest - probably leaning slightly more towards the character, as the story and it's progression is generally due to the character themselves. I can remember plenty of my older characters, and friends/romances/enemies they had but not the intricacies of the story they were part of :<.

I would like to have a RP like Pokemon Conquest... Yet slightly different... Who knows? I had this in mind for some days ago and i have some ideas.

Sounds cool - feudal war?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Come for the story stay for the characters. This is for most things as well, like video games, tv shows and movies. They're the ones I remember most. When i look back at some rps I've been in, it's less "I loved that story!" and more "remember when this character did this??"

I'm sure it's something to do with relatability or something

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
    Dunno if it counts as shameless self-promotion, but Gelius, go have a look in the planning thread for something I'm setting up called Legend Hunters and see if that's what sort of thing might take your fancy?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Maybe... I was to use the original Ransei and add 19 more areas around it (Fairy kingdom and Unknow Lands). I will pm you the details. Maybe you could help me while i helped you.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

All I saw was a Twitch Plays Pokemon RP.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever thought (or have done) of an Elder Scrolls RP O.o?

Well I certainly haven't seen it. I would be interested to know how many fans of the series are actually into the lore enough to RP it and how many are just a fan of the game design. It's my understanding that there's quite a lot to work with.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

There was an RP made a long time ago called Akatosh's Hourglass, although I never bothered to keep up with it. I also remember being part of a TES RP planning conversation on the old RP discussion thread that was instigated by Nakuzami. I believe Grif of Hearts contributed to the conversation a lot too. I can link to that if anyone thinks it would be useful.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    There was an RP made a long time ago called Akatosh's Hourglass, although I never bothered to keep up with it. I also remember being part of a TES RP planning conversation on the old RP discussion thread that was instigated by Nakuzami. I believe Grif of Hearts contributed to the conversation a lot too. I can link to that if anyone thinks it would be useful.

Hahaha, yeah, I was just about to bring that up. I've had an Elder Scrolls roleplay idea sitting around for a while. Well, actually, two: one that's just The Elder Scrolls and one that's a crossover with Pokémon.

A roleplay based around The Elder Scrolls can go in so many different directions. I would personally love to see one where a good amount of the lore is explored. The Elder Scrolls has a lot to work with, so a roleplay based around it could be either amazing or terrible, depending on how it's handled. You could do something with any of the established conflicts, such as the Oblivion Crisis, the return of the dragons, or Molag Bal's Dark Anchors; or you could create something entirely new. Anything works, to be honest. It has a lot of great lore to be explored.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    A roleplay based around The Elder Scrolls can go in so many different directions. I would personally love to see one where a good amount of the lore is explored. The Elder Scrolls has a lot to work with, so a roleplay based around it could be either amazing or terrible, depending on how it's handled. You could do something with any of the established conflicts, such as the Oblivion Crisis, the return of the dragons, or Molag Bal's Dark Anchors; or you could create something entirely new. Anything works, to be honest. It has a lot of great lore to be explored.

Yeah, although I have played all the games, I still need to do a lot of studying of the lore O.o But one idea I had thought of was this. (<-Click this link)

To put short, The Wild Hunt essentially revolves around Bosmers (aka Wood Elves), and their ritual they perform to protect their homeland from invading forces. It does seem to be able to provide a little bit of plot of work with, although if anything, it seems like it could just be a shorter RP, just to see how an Elder Scrolls RP would work :/

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Hey guys, I've got a new Rp started. Its a revamp of something I made earlier in the year but I've changed the story around. It's a gijinka Rp all about stopping a band of bandits to restore peace to the kingdoms. Check it out the links in my signature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back