• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey babes, we edited the Dreamland rules a bit:

. The normal RPC rules still apply - EXCEPT THE 100 WORD RULE! You are allowed to write as short posts as you like. One-liners, long novels... Anything goes as long as you have fun and don't actively try to superspam ;)

Now, can we go post there? :D

Etherion

Is anyone here interested in a crossover RP between Pokemon and Harry Potter?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We discussed opening it to our cousins when it was still only in discussion.
    Well, it's not like we're two different tribes warring, haha.

Are you saying you'd rather it be a thing that anybody can jump into, without a filled in and accepted character sheet at the ready? The thought behind Dreamland/Blarzigords Portal was mostly to let regulars try out their characters a bit more.

I could see a PMD style RP inviting any PC members though. Have people sign up with a pokemon race and a nickname and just play in an IC thread with no defined goal.

Years
    Well, it's not like we're two different tribes warring, haha.

Are you saying you'd rather it be a thing that anybody can jump into, without a filled in and accepted character sheet at the ready? The thought behind Dreamland/Blarzigords Portal was mostly to let regulars try out their characters a bit more.

I could see a PMD style RP inviting any PC members though. Have people sign up with a pokemon race and a nickname and just play in an IC thread with no defined goal.

No, not for Dreamland - I just think that the writers in FF&W would potentially find it very useful as well.

That's a pretty cool idea to consider though, it would certainly be something easy for non-RPers and new RPers to jump in to and I would really like to see the RPC becoming more open to new people.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha Pete <3

About opening it to new people - I know this section can be intimidating sometimes, but the best way of getting into it has proven to be to say hi here in the RPD and then join a RP and get some friends. And then explore on.

I don't think a cutesy pokemon RP without advanced sign ups would hurt though. Question is, can we run that AND Dreamland AND temporary events at the same time, AND keep people interested in their real RPs?

Years
    Haha Pete <3

About opening it to new people - I know this section can be intimidating sometimes, but the best way of getting into it has proven to be to say hi here in the RPD and then join a RP and get some friends. And then explore on.

I don't think a cutesy pokemon RP without advanced sign ups would hurt though. Question is, can we run that AND Dreamland AND temporary events at the same time, AND keep people interested in their real RPs?

Too much at one time might not be a good idea, but it isn't necessarily a bad idea to keep things in mind for the future.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, each RP is kinda like an event in itself. So there's always a lot going on in here, and people join as much as they can. Having several ongoing casual RPs doesn't mean everybody needs to play in each one of them all the time.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Well, each RP is kinda like an event in itself. So there's always a lot going on in here, and people join as much as they can. Having several ongoing casual RPs doesn't mean everybody needs to play in each one of them all the time.

I think it's perfectly fine to have two or three rps similar to the concept behind Dreamland going on at once.

I see them as something you add into when you have the time. It's not something you have to commit to if you don't want to, and you can leave and come back to it whenever you feel like it. This makes it useful and beneficial both for people new to the RPC and those that have been gone for an extended period of time.

And since they're handled in that way, it wouldn't be hard to juggle them and the occasional RP event. If it comes down to it, you could opt to post less frequently in those ones during an event period and then come back to them afterwards.

I certainly think it's worth a shot. c:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So... It seems Pokémon Trainer Academy is officially dead, unless the GM pokes it. End of an era, right?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    So... It seems Pokémon Trainer Academy is officially dead, unless the GM pokes it. End of an era, right?

:O I had a post sitting forever in a MS Word file, may I post it before you decide to close it Rika-chan? I might only be able to do so by Thursday.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    :O I had a post sitting forever in a MS Word file, may I post it before you decide to close it Rika-chan? I might only be able to do so by Thursday.
    You'll have to ask the GM about that, I'd say.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

Wait it's actually dead? That's extremely unexpected. That thing's been around since my original days. It's almost a little sad to see it got in all honesty.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Finally.

What a shame... It lasted so long too, and had so much effort from both players and GM invested into it...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can put it into a different Hall of Fame ^^ sorta.

"Long running roleplays we'll always remember"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back