• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 22, 2022
Hi! I am not sure if this is intended or not, but I can't get the EBDX pokemon animations working. They just stand still. Again, idk if this is intended or if I did something wrong when installing everything.

Years
Hi! I am not sure if this is intended or not, but I can't get the EBDX pokemon animations working. They just stand still. Again, idk if this is intended or if I did something wrong when installing everything.

Yes this is intended and has been covered in the FAQ. Please make sure to read it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
When the opponent uses a move (I'm assuming fling because the error directs me to fling), an error shows saying that is_TR? is not defined.

Years
When the opponent uses a move (I'm assuming fling because the error directs me to fling), an error shows saying that is_TR? is not defined.

Many Fling related bugs were fixed in v1.1.0 of this project. I'd recommend updating to the latest version as soon as possible. I'd also appreciate if you mentioned the version of the project you are using when reporting bugs, to avoid any further confusion.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Many Fling related bugs were fixed in v1.1.0 of this project. I'd recommend updating to the latest version as soon as possible. I'd also appreciate if you mentioned the version of the project you are using when reporting bugs, to avoid any further confusion.

I'm using 1.1.0. The bug happened when a pokemon with no items attempts to use fling. It doesn't crash the game but just makes the pokemon that used fling skip its move

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
There were some stuff I noticed that are incorrect or game crashing.

- Acrobatics not getting the 2x itemless power after consuming the Flying Gem.
- Overdrive not being a Sound move.
- Multi-Attack still having 90 Power instead of 120 Power.
- Burning Jealousy always inflicting burns even on unboosted Pokemon.
- Grassy Glide not getting priority on Grassy Terrain, even after I fixed the slight error in the function area.
- Zacian, Zamazenta, Morpeko and Eiscue(?) missing their second form cries.
- Got this error regarding Zen Mode for Darmanitan. It doesn't crash the game but it can mess up the battle:
=====================================================
[2021-08-03 22:52:52 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
151:Battler_ChangeSelf:266:in `+'
151:Battler_ChangeSelf:266:in `pbCheckForm'
182:Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:606:in `block in pbEndOfRoundPhase'
182:Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:606:in `each'
182:Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:606:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
212:PokeBattle_Clauses:40:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
173:Battle_StartAndEnd:329:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
173:Battle_StartAndEnd:329:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
173:Battle_StartAndEnd:311:in `loop'
======================================================

- And the game crashes with this when I tried to see the number battled in the PokeDex:
==========================================================
[2021-08-09 00:04:54 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
265:Player_Pokedex:272:in `number_battled'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:244:in `drawPageInfo'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:195:in `drawPage'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:519:in `block in pbScene'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:457:in `loop'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:457:in `pbScene'
272:UI_Pokedex_Entry:555:in `pbStartScreen'
271:UI_Pokedex_Main:808:in `pbDexEntry'
271:UI_Pokedex_Main:1177:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
271:UI_Pokedex_Main:1152:in `loop'
============================================================

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I see you have a FAQ that says this:

Q: Why do the sprites get cut off in the Summary Screen?
A: This was implemented because the sprites in the Generation 8 Project are much bigger than default Essentials sprites. It doesn't look the best in the Summary, but works very well everywhere else.

Is there someway to adjust this so the summary screen can present the full sprite without being cutoff? Somewhere in the settings where we can control that? I thought changing the default UI would help but it still gets cut off. Are we just screwed and have to live with this constraint or is there a way to let the sprite spill over across the default UI? I'd rather the latter than having it get cut off like this.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
Thank you so much for making this and making it available for everyone!

After going through the install instructions and running my game in debug, everything seems to run fine, but I noticed that when I tried to edit encounters for a route, none of the Gen 8 Pokemon were available to add when editing wild encounters. Upon looking into it, it looks like none of the Gen 8 pokemon are available when I run my game, even though I can clearly see that the relevant files in the PBS folder have updated to include Gen 8 Pokemon, abilities, etc. Any idea what I did wrong?

Years
Any idea what I did wrong?
Try compiling your game. This can be done by holding Ctrl while the game boots up in Debug mode, and keeping it held until you see the load screen. If that doesn't work then try going into Debug Menu > Other Options > Compile All Data and seeing if that works

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
Try compiling your game. This can be done by holding Ctrl while the game boots up in Debug mode, and keeping it held until you see the load screen. If that doesn't work then try going into Debug Menu > Other Options > Compile All Data and seeing if that works

Doing the full compile worked perfectly! Thanks for your help!

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
Years
I seem to face an error with dragon darts again, in a double battle when your opponents have only one pokkemon in one side, that is one of the trainers all pokemons have fainted and the other still has one pokemon left, it causes an error and I am soft locked in loop, dragapult continues to use dragon darts and I continue to get the error. I hope I am clear with what I meant to say.

Years
I seem to face an error with dragon darts again, in a double battle when your opponents have only one pokkemon in one side, that is one of the trainers all pokemons have fainted and the other still has one pokemon left, it causes an error and I am soft locked in loop, dragapult continues to use dragon darts and I continue to get the error. I hope I am clear with what I meant to say.

What is "the error"? Does it crash? Does it not behave as intended? Is there an error message? Could you share the error message if there is one?

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
Years
What is "the error"? Does it crash? Does it not behave as intended? Is there an error message? Could you share the error message if there is one?

Sorry for the late reply but here is the error I recieve
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
found some stuff when i was updating my game and comparing moves pbs

branch poke - needs flag A
jawlock - needs flag A
no retreat - priority 3 -> 0
obstruct - accuracy 0 -> 100
overdrive - needs flag K
pyroball - needs flag GN
stuff cheeks - accuracy 100 -> 0, wrong flag E, needs flag D
tarshot - accuracy 0 -> 100
poltergeist - wrong flag A
scaleshot - wrong flag A

none of it really matters imo, but doesn't hurt to report

Years
I Facing some runtime error about pokemon Evolution I just start devloping week ago so don't know much can you help me to solve below runtime errors. it's about gen 8.
Spoiler:

for now i just comment that both line in Pokemon.txt PBS that both line for evolution only.

Years
I Facing some runtime error about pokemon Evolution I just start devloping week ago so don't know much can you help me to solve below runtime errors. it's about gen 8.
If you bothered to read the instructions, you would've noticed this mentioned there.
NOTE: Extract ALL the files from the zip. Do not pick and choose what you want. Don't extract just the PBS, or just the scripts, or only half of the PBS files (like just pokemon.txt), or only half the graphic files. You have to get the Game.exe that comes with the project as well, there are no execptions.
Your error occurs because a few new evolution methods were defined in the Generation 8 Project scripts, which are referenced in the PBS. But you didn't extract the scripts, inspite being told. That's why you're getting the error. Please do not skip anything under instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back