• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Bro I did exact step are in mention in install extract all file in my project but still facing error......

Years
  • Bro but you wouldn't have got the error if you extracted the scripts. Make sure you replace your Scripts.rxdata with the one from the Generation 8 Project.

Bro thanks I got why trigger error my Compiler didn't complies your scripts due to by mistakes i rename it script.rxdata and due to less sleep i thinks it's scripts but after fresh sleep i caught that but thanks i appreciates work and help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Sure bro. If you can make the Rotom Rally feature and Digging Pa and Ma from Isle or Armor then I'll definitely make a Watt feature for the next update.

I tried to do the watts feature and I saw the battle points feature and did the watts feature like battle points
    Sorry for my bad english
    And also I'll try to make digging pa

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Is there a way to check with version of The Gen 8 project I have downloaded? I downloaded it on July 31. Or is it possible to add dates to the changelog?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    When you boot your game in Debug Mode, there should be a version listed in the console window. Specifically something like this above the Debug Output section:

You are using v1.1.0 of the Generation 8
    Project for Essentials v19.1

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Tried updating my 1.1.0 version to 1.1.1, by following the instructions again with the new version. I figured this should overwrite all relevant files. But the debug window still says I'm using version 1.1.0. Not sure if I'm dumb or the version number isn't updated. Can someone else get 1.1.1 in the debug window? If so, I must've done something wrong.

NeoPlayerX

Julie_Haru
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Hello! I'm using Generation 8 with ZUD (And a few other plugins like EBDX, but I already tested this just with ZUD and Generation 8) and when I caught a Pokémon in Safari Zone, I got this error:

cu-2.png

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello! I'm using Generation 8 with ZUD (And a few other plugins like EBDX, but I already tested this just with ZUD and Generation 8) and when I caught a Pokémon in Safari Zone, I got this error:

cu-2.png

This is a known issue i believe, which will be addressed in a future update.

Years
    • Seen today
    find the line of the error and replace by

Code:
    pbSetBattled(battler) if !pbInSafari? ##safari zone bug prevention

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Q: Why do the sprites get cut off in the Summary Screen?
    A: This was implemented because the sprites in the Generation 8 Project are much bigger than default Essentials sprites. It doesn't look the best in the Summary, but works very well everywhere else.

I understand this, but still I'd like to know how one can disable this. I'm planning on changing up my summary screens so it would be fine to have the full sprite visible there. I searched through the Summary Screens code but couldn't find any method that could cause the cutting-off. Any help please?

Years
  • [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `b' for #<PokeBattle_Move_02D>

Backtrace:
    163:Move_Usage_Calculations:526:in `pbAdditionalEffectChance'
    155:Battler_UseMove:722:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
    155:Battler_UseMove:720:in `each'
    155:Battler_UseMove:720:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    155:Battler_UseMove:433:in `block in pbUseMove'
    155:Battler_UseMove:431:in `each'
    155:Battler_UseMove:431:in `pbUseMove'
    155:Battler_UseMove:60:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
    012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
    155:Battler_UseMove:59:in `pbProcessTurn'

This error appears when using this move, and similar "b" related errors appear when using other moves.

Years
  • Looking back at my backups and which ones have this crash vs which ones didn't and which one only started crashing with this problem when I added code from my newer version to my older version, I think this code is causing the problem:

I started getting these crashes upon using super-effective moves after I made the Random Effect Chance and Serene Grace code into this:

def pbAdditionalEffectChance(user,target,effectChance=0)
    return 0 if target.hasActiveAbility?(:SHIELDDUST) && [email protected]
    ret = (effectChance>0) ? effectChance : @addlEffect
    if Settings::MECHANICS_GENERATION >= 6 || @function != "0A4" # Secret Power
    ret = 100 if user.hasActiveAbility?(:SERENEGRACE)
    end
    ret = 100 if Effectiveness.super_effective?(b.damageState.typeMod);
    return ret
    ret = 100 if $DEBUG && Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
    return ret
    end

My goal is:
    For randomly-happening optional effects to never trigger, unless it is an optional effect of a move that was super-effective when used on the foe, then the activation chance should be guaranteed at 100%. Serene Grace should also guarantee 100% optional effect chance regardless of effectiveness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Looking back at my backups and which ones have this crash vs which ones didn't and which one only started crashing with this problem when I added code from my newer version to my older version, I think this code is causing the problem:

I started getting these crashes upon using super-effective moves after I made the Random Effect Chance and Serene Grace code into this:

def pbAdditionalEffectChance(user,target,effectChance=0)
    return 0 if target.hasActiveAbility?(:SHIELDDUST) && [email protected]
    ret = (effectChance>0) ? effectChance : @addlEffect
    if Settings::MECHANICS_GENERATION >= 6 || @function != "0A4" # Secret Power
    ret = 100 if user.hasActiveAbility?(:SERENEGRACE)
    end
    ret = 100 if Effectiveness.super_effective?(b.damageState.typeMod);
    return ret
    ret = 100 if $DEBUG && Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
    return ret
    end

My goal is:
    For randomly-happening optional effects to never trigger, unless it is an optional effect of a move that was super-effective when used on the foe, then the activation chance should be guaranteed at 100%. Serene Grace should also guarantee 100% optional effect chance regardless of effectiveness.

Well it's because you have b.damageState.typeMod without defining what "b" is in this instance, which is probably supposed to be "target". Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the Gen 8 Project as it is custom code, so you should make your own thread for this if you need further assistance.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    So, just added this, and it looks awesome... just can't seem to test out any battles, because as soon as I trigger an encounter (walking in the grass), this happens. Only other plug in I'm using would be DiegoWT's Starter Selection... so just wondering if because the pokedex was not toggled on yet? I do have a custom trainer type... as it stands, will try swapping that with a existing one.

Only reason I'm posting this first is because I'm nowhere near the guy at the time.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    265:Player_Pokedex:272:in `number_battled'
    265:Player_Pokedex:291:in `number_battled_shiny_tier'
    232:Overworld_WildEncounters:404:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
    230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
    230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
    230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
    230:Overworld_BattleStarting:323:in `pbWildBattle'
    215:Overworld:206:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'