• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2010 Event Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Well we could do a pixel art competition like last year. It got quite a few nice entries and I hope it could be a bigger success then last years event. Plus I'd love to host it again.

Years
    Well we could do a pixel art competition like last year. It got quite a few nice entries and I hope it could be a bigger success then last years event. Plus I'd love to host it again.

I'd love to have another one of these. I missed last year's one, so this'd be fun. I'd rather it be less of a specific theme this time though, as, iirc, last years was centered around Hallowe'en only, or something. Perhaps a broader subject, or just one word (i.e. Game - this could be a video game, about victory or loss, tabletop games, losing the game (which I have), etc.)?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My stuff: What about a relay team challenge on emulators (with no hacks obviously)? You get on a team with like 4 other people, and each person goes through 2 gyms (the fifth beats the elite four). Each leg would have a specified starting time, and so people could sign up when they know they wouldn't be busy.

I favor this :D. I wouldn't mind participating one a team rely race. I don't have a ds emulator so please make it a game from the gba era >:D.

A fanart contest? The judges choose a category from the anime and people have to draw fan art of one person from the category. it gives you the option to coose who from the category.

Example: The category is Rivals: than you can chose any of Ash's rivals (Gary, Paul, etc.)

Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Frontier Brains, etc. There's a lot of categorys. The judges could vote on which category.

Favor. As an artist how can I not. Seems to fun expecially since I haven't drew anything in forever. Does this extend beyond pokemon or what?

I suggest something related to playing the TCG online, like arranging some randomly drawn matches for those who are interested. I'd be interested in organizing such an event. I've already got some guidelines I posted earlier this month over in the TCG section.

Favor. With all the Pokemon and Yugioh Tcg players, and magic as well, I think this would be a marvelous idea. I would love to participate granted we find a way to do them online somehow C:

A draw off of the generation 5 Pokemon released so far? Like each user has to face another with a selected Pokemon, they draw that, winner advances to next round and eventually in the final round (well obv judged by the artists of PC, or the hosts, depends) the winner is chosen.

"How about... A draw off! Of the new pokemon" - that much of the idea is credit to Siggy, the rest I figured out. XD

Favor. I would love to participate and win. Seems like a good and exciting way to show our artistic skills towards the new pokemon revealed.

----------------------------
    God I want to suggest something but everything I can think of has been suggested already ;-;. Hopefully something comes to mind as I want this year to be exciting. Sucks if there will be a Brawl tourney because I don't have a wii anymore and I would so want to participate. maybe my friend will let me us his for the sake of the tournement :<

Years
    Oh...I'm totally in favor of the fanart, and fanfics. I'd also (maybe?) like to see different categories for a FanFic contest, like best crossover, best romance, best use of theme etc...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh...I'm totally in favor of the fanart, and fanfics. I'd also (maybe?) like to see different categories for a FanFic contest, like best crossover, best romance, best use of theme etc...
    Eh, I don't know about that. It's only three days long (potentially shorter), and a bunch of different categories would just mean likely there'd be a couple per category, which doesn't exactly make for the best contest. IMO it'd be better to keep it to just a one-shot contest of a certain theme or something like that...'course, we'll see I guess. =p

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Not to sound like a loser and all but....
    Is this an event that you actually attend at a certain place (like a Pokecommunity convention sort of thing), or is it all going to be on the internet?
    Thanks for answering in advance.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Everything takes place online. It has it's own little forum when it starts and then the events just happen there. I mean, do you expect much people from all over America, Europe, and Australia to meet at one point? :(

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Everything takes place online. It has it's own little forum when it starts and then the events just happen there. I mean, do you expect much people from all over America, Europe, and Australia to meet at one point? :(

That's smart...real smart. :D

Well, I only have net access Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (long story why that is). Just a little hint-hint to the administrators about when the three days should be.

But who am I to judge.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well I already discussed this with Jake on PC's BEAUTIFUL IRC CHANNEL and we're going to be hosting two events:

Create-a-Pokemon: Similar to the contest held in Pokémon General earlier this year for the Black&White legendaries. You come up the:

• Name
    • Typing
    • Stats
    • Ability
    • Weight & Height
    • Moves
    • TMs Learned
    • Egg moves
    • Appearance (Art is encouraged but not required - if you can write an awesome physical description it's just as good as a picture in my book)
    • Personality
    • Habitat

The whole shebang. The Pokemon shouldn't have like 150+ in all stats, Wonder Guard and Ghost/Dark. It should be like a realistic Pokémon that could be found in the games. This is the criteria on which entries will be judged:

• Originality (Is it just some generic Fighting-type ape or based on a concept such as "Queen of Hearts" or "Fleeting Hope")
    • Presentation of Idea (Organization, Proper Grammar, etc.)
    • Balance (Could it actually appear in a Pokémon game)
    • Details (How much work did you put into it)

This contest will a be fun little way of getting your awesome idea you've always had in your brain and seeing if you could win a contest with it.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    To accompany Luke's Fakemon idea, I decided to suggest a trainer or character creation competition. What this event would comprise of would be simply to design a pokemon trainer or a character you would imagine in the anime or the games. However, you would be required to give a written description or biography as well as some sort of background to the art you submit. You would be permitted to enter a drawing wither digitally created or by scanning a drawing you made with a pencil and paper so long as you have a clear image. You are also allowed to submit sprites or even both a drawing and a sprite along with your written details about the character.

When it comes to writing you would be allowed to write a biography of your character, where they might appear (in the game or anime or even manga), their purpose, the pokemon they would carry, their personality and so on.

The drawing/sprite will be judged on a few different aspects:

• Originality - If it's another Mary Sue character or an Ash Ketchum rip off there's a less chance of you gaining points).
    • Presentation - How well you put your concept together, your grammar and clarity must be noted as poise. Your writing must be flush with your character design also.
    • Balance - How well they would appear in the respective field you are putting them in (a game, the anime or manga).
    • Detail - The work you put in. The more work you put in, the better, there is no limit.
    So a lot like the fakemon contest as these two will go hand in hand in some ways as myself and Luke hope to be running them. Again, it's all a matter of fun and nothing too serious, we just like to bring out your creative side no matter how diverse or professional it may be.

Years
    I propose a script-writing competition for the ROM Hackers out there. These scripts would possibly have a specific, yet ambigious, theme. For example, if the theme was "Eat", you could do a restuarant script, a Pokéblock-related script, a script involving Pokémon cannibalisim, etc. The script would be allowed to be in either FireRed, Ruby or Emerald format, however version-exclusive commands (showcontestwinner isn't available for FireRed or LeafGreen) will not get you extra points. Additionally, the use of calling or utilising outside commands isn't allowed (i.e callasm). You will be being judged solely on the script, or, in more detail, these four factors:
    • Is it original? The more original, the better.
    • How complex is it? Note that this doesn't always mean that the more complicated it is, the better.
    • Does it work? If it's buggy and glitchy, it won't get a high score here.
    • Does it appeal?
    Things to be considered here would be coloured text, how well space is used (instead of two msgbox commands after each other, both strings of speech could be in one msgbox command instead; textcolor command or [colour] tag?), and the like.

Entrieswould have to specify which version it is for (to prevent glitches) and must be in a spoiler.

A Game Dev. one could work too but I'm no expert there.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I propose a script-writing competition for the ROM Hackers out there. These scripts would possibly have a specific, yet ambigious, theme. For example, if the theme was "Eat", you could do a restuarant script, a Pokéblock-related script, a script involving Pokémon cannibalisim, etc. The script would be allowed to be in either FireRed, Ruby or Emerald format, however version-exclusive commands (showcontestwinner isn't available for FireRed or LeafGreen) will not get you extra points. Additionally, the use of calling or utilising outside commands isn't allowed (i.e callasm). You will be being judged solely on the script, or, in more detail, these four factors:
    • How complex is it? Note that this doesn't always mean that the more complicated it is, the better.
    • Does it appeal?
    Things to be considered here would be coloured text, how well space is used (instead of two msgbox commands after each other, both strings of speech could be in one msgbox command instead; textcolor command or [colour] tag?), and the like.

Entrieswould have to specify which version it is for (to prevent glitches) and must be in a spoiler.

I'd like that. ^.^ They had a scripting contest at PHO/WAH but I didn't join, so I would like to join this. xP And the way it's judged sounds good.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well I already discussed this with Jake on PC's BEAUTIFUL IRC CHANNEL and we're going to be hosting two events:

Create-a-Pokemon: Similar to the contest held in Pokémon General earlier this year for the Black&White legendaries. You come up the:

• Name
    • Typing
    • Stats
    • Ability
    • Weight & Height
    • Moves
    • TMs Learned
    • Egg moves
    • Appearance (Art is encouraged but not required - if you can write an awesome physical description it's just as good as a picture in my book)
    • Personality
    • Habitat
    The whole shebang. The Pokemon shouldn't have like 150+ in all stats, Wonder Guard and Ghost/Dark. It should be like a realistic Pokémon that could be found in the games. This is the criteria on which entries will be judged:

• Originality (Is it just some generic Fighting-type ape or based on a concept such as "Queen of Hearts" or "Fleeting Hope")
    • Presentation of Idea (Organization, Proper Grammar, etc.)
    • Balance (Could it actually appear in a Pokémon game)
    • Details (How much work did you put into it)
    This contest will a be fun little way of getting your awesome idea you've always had in your brain and seeing if you could win a contest with it.

That was part of the Get Together last year, called Design A Pokemon. I hosted it with Hiiro, Zet, and a few other people. And I've already posted about it in this thread asking if I could host it again with Hiiro.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    • Does it appeal?

I'd second that idea. I never actually made a script for a contest. ^_^

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    That was part of the Get Together last year, called Design A Pokemon. I hosted it with Hiiro, Zet, and a few other people. And I've already posted about it in this thread asking if I could host it again with Hiiro.

Well, I'm sure we all can run it together :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    If my relay race idea gets okayed, I would like to change it from 5 people per team down to 3 people per team. 1 could tackle first three gyms, 2 could go through 6, and three could finish up. And yeah, it would be no later than FR/LG.

We also could do it with GSC, each person taking on 6 gyms (counting elite four as a gym and Red as a gym) or 3 gyms each and then player 3 sends it back to 1 after the elite four is down.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I'm all up for the Trainer design contest, which IIRC wasn't a part of the Get-together last year.

Time to unleash my little creation, Lisa, on all you PC forum-goers :P
    Trainer design, eh? Sounds like a contest I'd join.

Oh, really? Lisa, meet Leon. *points at his signature* :P Thme for him to shine out! =D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I would like to suggest a movie night also.
    This would entail a bunch of PC members joining an MSN group chat or skype or something along those lines to watch an old pokemon movie for example on a legal server. I can't imagine it would be too large and I'm actually doing something like it now as I type. Basically everyone who had planned on joining would join a group conversation an hour before watching the movie and start loading it so that it gets to 100%. Everyone could then press play and chat together whilst watching the film. Obviously it could be better organized beforehand. But if 2-3 hours could be set aside for the event I feel it could work out well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back