• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Together 2010 Small Writing Contest

Bay

Years
  • dONE!! HOW DO I ENTER IT???

EDIT: never mind.... i forgot the prompt was "challange"
    In the first post I put how you enter is you PM me your story and then I'll send it off to the other judges. However, subject line has to be "SWC 2010: Challenge." And yes, the prompt has to be challenge. :P Good luck!

Can the one shots end on cliffhangers?
    Cliffhangers are fine! XD As long as the story relates to the prompt, "Challenge" you should be good.

Also for those that want to do shippy fics, I'm fine with those as long as it fits the prompt "Challenge." I think the judges will be seeing a lot of fics about couples having challenges in their relationships, but that's fine. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    uh-oh astinus is judging?
    I don't think he will like the story I'm entering...
    lolwut? Though I like the fact people see me as male...

I'm not judging at any rate. (More fun for me to write than to judge.) Still, your story should follow the guidelines mentioned in FF&W's rules, since these stories can be posted in the section once the winner is announced.

If there are any questions about what might be acceptable according to the rules/guidelines for writing, then I'm sure Bay can answer those questions fine.

Or, as a simpler way to look at it, don't do anything I will disapprove of. Keeping the rules in mind while writing can help you out in this contest.

Bay

Years
  • Count me in! Lemme write a poem. It shall be an epic poem. :D
    Got your entry and had sent it to the judges. :3

And Astinus, thanks for posting the link to the rules. I knew I forgot something when I was doing the thread. XD; But yeah everyone, Astinus is going to enter, not judge. And speaking of that, because I found out from the other hosts they're willing to judge, I just put Kishijuten as pending as she hasn't gotten back to me yet. If she decides to enter instead of judge that's fine because three judges should be good enough. XD

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • I'm entering this, of course, and also of course I'll be bringing my trademark brand of... Violence. I've been talking about it on the BBS' IRC but figured I may as well say it here too for those of you who actually know me but don't go there. *Shrugs* I bet you're all excited to see just what twisted ways I can think of to kill things next.

Now, one word of advice for other people entering: Take your time. I see that some people have blazed through their entries and submitted them already. Well, that is really not needed. From right now, there are still three days left to write. Take your time, gather your thoughts before writing, don't rush the actual writing itself, and when you're done proofread it through multiple times until you are sick of it. This is not a race, and you're not going to be awarded for finishing faster than everyone else.

Now that's not to say that it's bad if you finish fast. Maybe you're just writing something that's naturally shorter or faster than, well, what I'm writing. Just keep in mind you have all the way until the end of Monday to finish, and no one will think less of you of you need to take all that time to make your entry as good as it can be.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh count me in. I loves da story writing. I'll be travelling a lot tomorrow, so nice to do it then.

Bay

Years
  • I'm entering this, of course, and also of course I'll be bringing my trademark brand of... Violence. I've been talking about it on the BBS' IRC but figured I may as well say it here too for those of you who actually know me but don't go there. *Shrugs* I bet you're all excited to see just what twisted ways I can think of to kill things next.

Now, one word of advice for other people entering: Take your time. I see that some people have blazed through their entries and submitted them already. Well, that is really not needed. From right now, there are still three days left to write. Take your time, gather your thoughts before writing, don't rush the actual writing itself, and when you're done proofread it through multiple times until you are sick of it. This is not a race, and you're not going to be awarded for finishing faster than everyone else.

Now that's not to say that it's bad if you finish fast. Maybe you're just writing something that's naturally shorter or faster than, well, what I'm writing. Just keep in mind you have all the way until the end of Monday to finish, and no one will think less of you of you need to take all that time to make your entry as good as it can be.
    What Shrike says. :P While I don't mind if the entries come in early, you don't have to send it right away as soon as you finish. Take some time with your writing and also do a quick proofread of it. You guys will gain higher scores if it's polished and not rushed. ;) Also, added Jacquilove, Elite Overlord LeSabre™, and Haruka of Hoenn to the list of entrants.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • Whats yours? Mine is about a Pokemon that doesn't exist in any game,but it's like a New Pokemon,created by Team Darkness. It's like the 1st and 3rd (mewtwo returns) movies,remade into my own vision.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • Uh, don't want to spoil your fun here, but the story has to actually be written during these four days, FOR the contest. You can't use a story you've already written as that would defeat the point and challenge in the contest.

And if I misunderstand, you still can't post the story you enter until after judging is finished. I'm not sure that's in the rules, but it's a pretty universal thing when it comes to writing contests.

...As for my story, it involves Ethan, the Elite Four, Lance, and a rather nasty twist on the game plot. Again, the people on the BBS chat should know plenty about it by now...

Back