• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Together 2010 Small Writing Contest

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
  • Uh, don't want to spoil your fun here, but the story has to actually be written during these four days, FOR the contest. You can't use a story you've already written as that would defeat the point and challenge in the contest.

Bah, that's what I was afraid of x.x Thats what i meant by I wasn't sure if it'd be accepted. I kept re-reading the rules to see if there was anything against it and it said nothing, but I still wasn't sure x.x;; Sorry for wasting time

Bay

Years
  • XD003, sorry but I'm going to disqualify your entry for the contest. Like Shrike said, it has to be a new entry as the purpose of this contest is to write a new story relating to a prompt. Also, should have added this earlier, but the SWC stories shouldn't be posted at PC or anywhere else until after the contest is over. However, I'll let you still enter a new story relating to "Challenge."

So yeah everyone, the stories has to be new and related to the prompt. If the story isn't related to the prompt (which is challenge), I at least will deduct quite a few points there.

Edit: Added a couple rules there. Sorry for the trouble, everyone! I thought it's common sense that the entries have to be new and you can't post them yet. x_x

Also, one more thing. I actually don't want discussion of what your entries are about in this thread because there will be people that have a question about this contest. So yeah, convo about your guys' entries should be in VM/PM, etc.

Last edited:

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
    Years
  • Alright, sorry for sending it in x.x I shoulda gone with my gut instinct here. Sorry for wasting time x.x;;; As for doing another story, nah. It's not that I don't want to, I've just had writers block for a while now, and wouldn't be able to come up with anything in time.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    alright submitted it to BA (lol Bay Alexison not Bad@$$)

Anyway i entered a different story than the one Astinus might not like. (The original was the Nezlok Region Adventures in story form)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I seriously hope that no one is basing their story choice on whether or not I'll like it. So long as the rules of my section/the contest are followed, it doesn't matter what you write.

Of course, now I feel really slow because while others have sent in their stories, I still have to finish the rough draft. Oi.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • I should be done writing my short story within the evening. im glad the deadline is tomorrow night takes a lot of pressure off as im in the midst of two battling tourneys.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • I suppose I'll join I got nothing to lose unless people throw raw coconuts at me if my story is bad. Lol. Anyway, count me in. Also per request of Cirrus who seems to drag me into everything, lol. The story itself is more light-hearted and comedic than anything with a real storyline. I've been writing to many things with a serious plotline lately so I decided to make a comedy for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Phew! After working all weekend on it I got the entry done. XD Hopefully it fits.

Bay

Years
  • Can I submit one of my Neopets stories? You might not understand some of its aspects.
    Sorry, no Neopet stories. I already said only Pokemon and original works are accepted because the judges might not be familar with other fandoms, and that includes Neopets.

And Explorer of Destiny, check my PM. :P But yeah, you don't have to have the character overcome the challenge, just that there's a "challenge" somewhere (and that the story is finished too :x).

Okay everyone, again you have until 11:59 EDT tonight to turn in your entries. My internet actually stopped working yesterday and today, so I'm at the library now. :x If my internet still isn't working, I'll be checking my inbox tomorrow and see if the entries are in on time. If not, I'll disqualify the entries that were late. Sorry. D:

Edit: Okay, pieguy259, Giratina ♀, and [.εternity] are accepted. AceDragonite, your entry is pending. Check my VM for further questioning.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Ok. Thanks for the info.

I could perhaps think up a poem in the remaining 7 hours I have. I'm good at poems :)

EDIT + ENTRY:

It's a little Limerick I came up with about the Legendary Pokémon. Hope try to enjoy! xD

Spoiler:

As you can see, it gets weaker towards the end. That's if it was ever "strong". :laugh:

Prompt: "Challenge"

For this contest, the prompt will be Challenge.

What can you do with this prompt? It can be your trainer facing an obstacle, a Pokemon battle, a mystery, etc. Let's see how you guys interpret this prompt!

I really should read things before I take action. I guess I can't enter this. I can't think of a story or poem about a Challenge. Or can I? One Word Page will be fine, right?

Feel free to enjoy read the limerick in the striked-out spoiler tags :)

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Mines coming along just fine, I hope I'll get it done in time. It really is making me laugh though, haha.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Story/poem can be however long it needs to be. If you can finish it in under a page, then that's fine. If you need to go longer, that's fine too. Just so long as your entry is complete, proof-read, and relates the prompt.

And fffff, I have a half-hour when I get home from work to finish typing up my story and read it over. I'm not too sure if I'm going to finish in time or not. I'm gonna try though.

Back