• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 8 is coming! Suggest your events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I remember... I think there was an Anime Drawing contest...? If not, that could be a fun event for the Get-Together. The title is self-explanatory.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Love to see the singing contest back again, as I remember there was some pretty good singers here at PC

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    How about a Speedrun Contest? Whoever finishes the game 1st wins! You'd spilt it in the categories (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, B/W) and record yourself finishing the game (once the end credits play, you're done!) Also time it and show it to us in the video. But, one of the admins needs to set up a livestream to give the green signal to everyone.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    How about some Video Game tournaments? And gfx events? All of this is probably going to happen already though.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I wouldn't mind hosting some sort of Pokémon guessing game where the host gives out clues and participants take turns in guessing each Pokémon. Once they've guessed one, they earn a point and the person who has guessed the most Pokemon (therefore earning the most points) wins.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    Pokemon/Trainer spriting contest!
    For thoose who are spriters, they sprite Pokemon backs/fronts! And the winner gets an emblem and a supporter tier
    An also they can sprite mugshots, Backs/fronts of humans.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    What about this:

-You get 6 eggs from a staff member. (before the big get-together)
    -Then, you need to hatch them and EV train them
    -Also make them to level 100
    -You get a week for that.
    -Then you can battle people during the Big Get-Together, and it's kinda like the B/W release tournament only now ONLY casual. And with those 6.
    -The winner gets a emblem, and all participaters of course too.

How does it sound?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    What about this:

-You get 6 eggs from a staff member. (before the big get-together)
    -Then, you need to hatch them and EV train them
    -Also make them to level 100
    -You get a week for that.
    -Then you can battle people during the Big Get-Together, and it's kinda like the B/W release tournament only now ONLY casual. And with those 6.
    -The winner gets a emblem, and all participaters of course too.

How does it sound?

I think it would be impossible without a cheating device. It would take too much time to do so within a week, and the amount of Trainers available for battling daily in BW is limited.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I think it would be impossible without a cheating device. It would take too much time to do so within a week, and the amount of Trainers available for battling daily in BW is limited.

Actually you have more than enough time lol, most ppl can EV+ train to 100 in one day for one pokémon, so you have one day spare for preparing... But though you can also start 2 weeks in front...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'd be damn sad if there was no writing contest. But, seeing as I am 4 pages late, maybe Marcin or other writing geeks have already suggested that. :P

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    Wow, PC members have tons of great ideas. xD
    I pretty much agree with most of you, but I particularly loved the concept of these suggested events (or ones brought up from previous years):
    Spoiler:

Also, after seeing the list of events from last year, I would also like those events held again this year. :3
    And I wanted to throw in a few of my ideas that I have at the moment:
    - A Community Wide Pokemon 4-Day Challenge (e.g. Nuzlocke) Event
    - PokeMeme Making (e.g. Spirit Pokemon, PokeDad) Competition or even a Pokemon Comic Competition (if the former sounds like it'll produce spam)
    - Journal Writing Event (you write about your experiences everyday during the PC Get-Together in the most creative way possible-- you can even make a comic if you don't feel like writing)
    - [A Series You Like] and [Pokemon] Crossover (expressed in any way, such as a short story, a drawing, a comic, a poem, or in any creative medium that you want) Event

Oh and I would love to host an event if given the chance. :3

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    That demotivational poster contest sounds like it could be tons of fun. xDD;;
    There's alot there that I would love to take part of.
    Oh, and man. A QWOP event. That sounds brilliant. xDD;;
    I think someone mentioned it already as well, but a singing contest would be great. I'd love to hear what people around PC would be able to produce.
    I would love to host an event as well. o3o
    This is going to be great. |D

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Retro game night sounds like it could be a ton of fun. Although, I doubt most people carry most of those systems knowadays im sure most will be done by emulator anyway :P. Each day could be a different console and we get to play a game of choice, or maybe there could be like a list of games to pick from that day and we get to choose what to play from the list. Whatever floats the boat I suppose

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How about "The PokéCommunity logo design competition".

In period of time, every member allowed to submit one "The PokéCommunity logo" that made by their own, and also allowed to use any supporting software, but the logo also have a size limit, maybe like 500 X 150 (but I prefer the staff was the one who decide the limit size), and must contain the words "The PokéCommunity" and "We are still working on a better slogan.". Emblems also would be given to the winners.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back