• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 8 is coming! Suggest your events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    How about a game where a Pokemon or two is picked and then small clues are hid about it's identity all around PC and you have to figure out what Pokemon it is. And all the clues are really subtle so if it were Sunkern for example a clue wouldn't be 'weakest Pokemon' or 'seed' it might be 'yellow' or something less obvious like that.

Also a contest to find the funniest scene from a show like in Spongebob between the 'world's smallest violin' and 'is mayonnaise an instrument?' scenes, maybe SpongeBob or Pokemon and then it's a vote to see which one comes out on top.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Oh and how about the PokeHumanification Contest event last year? That was pretty fun to see all of the drawings and stuff.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    The only thing I can think of is doing games such as 20 questions or some other games in the irc. But I can assume that's already going to be done and a EO has probably alrady been assigned.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Just thought I'd repost the events that happened last year

Get-Together Manifesto Classic
    Official chatting thread for the Get-Together. Everyone gets together here and chats about absolutely anything. Big part? It's community-wide and everyone's invited.

Get-Together Singing Contest
    Sing your heart out! Are you the PokéCommunity's best singer?

Gen 5 Drawoff
    Illustrate a recently announced Generation 5 Pokémon in a tournament ladder! (It must span over four days.)

iSketch
    Pokémon-style Pictionary. No drawing skills required (it's funnier that way!), just brush up on your Pokémon terminology!

Scavenger hunt
    Exactly as it says!

Gaming nights
    It's the four nights of gaming, from 6 to 12! (Or longer, depending on interest and schedule.) Let's see who's the best at this official community gaming meet with these games:
    Day 1: Team Fortress 2 and Starcraft 2
    Day 2: Left 4 Dead 2
    Day 3: Left 4 Dead
    Day 4: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Create-a-Pokémon contest
    Think up a Pokémon to your own specification! You make the stats, the name, its typing, abilities and more!

Trainer design contest
    Make up a Pokémon trainer! Your challenge: to think of their individual personalities, background history, skills and Pokémon, and, if you want, draw them up!
    Hosted by Abnegation and Luke.

Pokémon Game Map-off
    Be it beautiful or playable, test your mapping skills against others!
    Hosted by Manipulation. Judges: Manipulation, Spherical Ice, Zeffy

Skype Manifesto
    Invite anyone to this massive everyone-talks festival.
    Hosted by Sydian, Abnegation, Sora's Nobody and AdvancedK47.

The Four Nights of Trivia[/color]
    Host some trivia nights! Make questions, ask everyone. Who gets it right? Who is the quizmaster?

Photography contest
    Amateur photographer? Professional stock photo snapper? Take the best picture according to the mystery theme!

The Ultimate Graphicmaker
    Can you be the best graphics designer on PC?

Pokémon speedrun challenge
    Racing against the clock to complete 8 games in 96 hours. Can it be done?

Game relay challenge
    Grab a team, race, and battle against the gym leaders of your Pokémon games!

Shiritori
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiritori

Movie night
    For certain nights of the get-together, watch a movie with some other members! See what they think while you sit back and chew on popcorn all night!

Wi-Fi Battle Tourney
    Exactly as they state! A battling tournament, PC members vs. PC members!

Shoddy Battle Tourney
    Same as above, but for Shoddy! A tournament with stats and every other detailed aspect of battling Pokémon!

Small writing contest
    Can you write the best short story in four days?

Lego competition
    Use lego to build something! Build it on what, you ask? You'll find out!

WarioWare D.I.Y.
    Do it yourself! Create the best minigame!

Scriptwriter's Contest
    Write the best script for a ROM hack, using actual calls, commands and writing!

Fanart contest
    Are you a great artist? Let's see your skills. It's you vs. PC!

Flipnoter's Animatorama
    Use Flipnote Studio (Ugomemo) to design a basic animation, right on your DSi!

Pokémon [Person] Snap, anime version
    Scroll through your old (or new) time episodes of Pokémon and find the funniest snap!

The PokeHumanfication Competition
    Choose a Pokémon, and draw a human version of it!

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelathon
    A tournament for children's trading cards. With dark magicians and magician girls. And a Kuriboh.

Pokémon Snap, WiiWare version
    Got the Pokémon Snap WiiWare? Snap the best Pokémon pic!

Stopmotion contest
    Using a video app, snap and create an animation using your own objects or clay!

Pokémon painting and sculpting
    Paint or sculpt a Pokémon. Get judged.

Pokémon Trading Card Game Tourney
    Battle with your Pokémon cards! It's time to battle with your cards!

Pixelpusher's Dot Contest
    Basically, pixel art at its finest. Create pixel art to match a certain theme!

AMV contest
    Create the best anime music video!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Oh yeah I remember Shiritori (that was fun). Oh and the Create-a-Pokemon contest should come back, as I have some ideas now...!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I know this has been suggested but Skype. It is a get-together must have.
    I wouldnt mind hosting again since I have everyone (or 'regulars') added.

Hm.
    -Short Story Contest
    -Spriting Contest
    -Graphics Contest
    -Map-Off
    -Poke-Human/Pokemon drawing
    -Anime Snap
    -Movie Night
    -Isketch
    Just some cool ones.

Last edited:
    Years
    I suggest a get together on PC's new Facebook page or a Pokemon Quiz to brush up on your Pokemon knowledge.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I move for a "Best Summer Ever" themed Fan-fic contest
    -Short Story Contest
    As a note, Astinus and I are already hosting a Writing prompt contest (the prompt has not yet been decided though) - but yeah, we're already having one of those being prepared and all.
    I suggest a get together on PC's new Facebook page or a Pokemon Quiz to brush up on your Pokemon knowledge.
    It's be better if stuff stayed on the forum section that'd be made for this tbh, except maybe with the quiz in which case a chatroom channel worked all right last time with that.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    There should be a Tetris and/or Space Invaders contest. Really, just a friendly competetive gaming match, really. Having a Top 10, and such. Classic. Any thoughts? o3o

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Here to suggest the Design-a-Pokemon event again, like I have the past couple of Get-Together's. I'll be able to host this time around if you would like me to.

You know, I really like this idea, may I join you in organisaing it if it goes ahead? If not that's fine.. but it'd be quite enjoyable.

arstover

poke-hacking studios
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    A ROM hacking story contest!

How ever can make the best story line for a pokemon rom hack wins!
    But anyways, I really love the idea!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What about an emblem making contest where the winner gets their emblem as the 1st place emblem, the 2nd place person gets their emblem as a 2nd place on, same with the 3rd and 4th gets their's made as the participant emblem.
    That sounds like a really good idea, but maybe the 1st gets their emblem officialized?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm totally up for a Skype event, they are very fun. I have hosted in the past and would love to again. If anyone else wants to help with me. Though I see Travis is up for one again. :P I'm going to be more active around here this time (summer). Let me know if you need any help I'd be glad to.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I liked the Movie Night event last year, it was a lot of fun and a nice way to relax with other members and stuff. So I'd love to see that again.

And I know we have the Skype event every year, but what about hosting a Tinychat event where we can go on cam/mic together? I'm not sure if Tinychat rooms have a limit capacity-wise, but it saves on organisers having to add people to a call and members can drop in whenever. Tinychat rooms are pretty simple to set up and anyone can use them.

Just my two pennies, the Get-Together is always great fun!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    And I know we have the Skype event every year, but what about hosting a Tinychat event where we can go on cam/mic together? I'm not sure if Tinychat rooms have a limit capacity-wise, but it saves on organisers having to add people to a call and members can drop in whenever. Tinychat rooms are pretty simple to set up and anyone can use them.

Just my two pennies, the Get-Together is always great fun!

It's a pretty good idea, I do like it but of course you have to put into consideration if members want to show their faces or not

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What about an emblem making contest where the winner gets their emblem as the 1st place emblem, the 2nd place person gets their emblem as a 2nd place on, same with the 3rd and 4th gets their's made as the participant emblem.

i think this is a brilliant idea tbh. ...buuut would it be like just making the emblem's icon, or coming up with a creative purpose for the emblem too? (like, not creative but as an example: vet = 3 years of pc)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back