• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghosts of Mafia Past

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    [lynch] Metroid. A little petty reason. I jokingly asked to be N0'd and it seems Mafia attempted it. It seems like something Metroid would do. ;p Other than that, I have no idea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I just want to point out, I would have lifted my vote on Abby if they gave themselves 20 edits in their font. I'd be more suspect of people who changed their votes multiple times, but that's probably just me.
    The one who changed their vote most was purple who is p much confirmed inno. I don't think there were any others that changed votes more than once but i could be wrong.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Initially I voted Bac as a joke but I kept my vote on Bac because I thought she was a better lynch than Abby in the end.

What if we shot someone that was on the Abby or Bac wagons?

(had the D1 vote count put together but I just lost the post, I'll try to put it together again)
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Abby wagon had mafia. Not so sure of the Bac wagon but it's hard for me to remember who was on it in the end except for me.

Weird. What are you trying to achieve w/ this?

@Superjolt: Agreed. If y'want me to choose, it'd be jdthebud.

[Vote] Alex Kaz

That's just EC's playstyle, he invites lynches regardless of alignment. By the way, didn't you vote for Bac as well? Anyway, why me? And why vote for Alex Kaz then?

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • [lynch] Metroid. A little petty reason. I jokingly asked to be N0'd and it seems Mafia attempted it. It seems like something Metroid would do. ;p Other than that, I have no idea.

Something I would do. I'd like you to elaborate on that. Out of the 0 games ive finished in what way is that something I would do?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Well that's.... a revelation. I don't really know what to make of Bard becoming possessed. I guess as long as he doesn't hit anyone important he's fine? ~_~ we better make sure he's got good aim though....dear god I'm late

Anywho I need to do some analyzing, so I'll post something in a little bit.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Vote: BidoofFTW Going with my main day 1 scumread for now.
    Why? I mean I kind of had a gut scum read on Doof, at least until he took his vote off Abby

Anyway here's the D1 final vote count
    Spoiler:

jd also voted Bac at one point and Doof and metroid had voted Abby at one point

Weird vote spread. Looking at this, I kind of wonder if one of the other wagons was actually on scum (maybe Doof?) I'd like to get some thoughts on this

Not really a fan of Alex's last post btw

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    So hang on, if the lynch was random because four people had three votes, why are we going after the people who voted Abby? Just because he was innocent? The hell outta here with that.

Superjolt

Years
  • So hang on, if the lynch was random because four people had three votes, why are we going after the people who voted Abby? Just because he was innocent? The hell outta here with that
    I was saying we should take a look at the Abby and Bac wagons, the point is they're both dead and flipped inno. I find it hard to believe that zero scum were on those wagons (or voting them at some point).

But I'm looking for thoughts from others on this too, that's why I posted the vote count.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Not really a fan of Alex's last post btw

Agreed, I also don't like Pecelia's last post, seems like an attempt to move the attention away from her, and her defense of her abby vote is weak at best, especially considering Abby DID change her font to the normal font before the day had ended.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • So hang on, if the lynch was random because four people had three votes, why are we going after the people who voted Abby? Just because he was innocent? The hell outta here with that.

The thing is, it wasn't random, it was created because people were annoyed by the font abby was using. Some people removed their vote when Abby went back to normal font, but others stayed, which means they hopped on a bandwagon then didn't hop off when the initial reasoning was taken out of the equation. Meaning they either didn't care and wanted to bw an innocent or they aren't paying enough attention to the thread.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • The thing is, it wasn't random, it was created because people were annoyed by the font abby was using. Some people removed their vote when Abby went back to normal font, but others stayed, which means they hopped on a bandwagon then didn't hop off when the initial reasoning was taken out of the equation. Meaning they either didn't care and wanted to bw an innocent or they aren't paying enough attention to the thread.

Yeah i agree with this. My vote was for the font jokingly, once it was changed i removed my vote. But people did stay on even after it was changed, meaning these people who kept their votes didnt care.

Superjolt

Years
  • So, my own thoughts on the D1 wagons/votes:

I guess EC kind of fits as scum on Abby's wagon, Doof and metroid do too but also as scum I don't think there would be much reason for them to get off the wagon like they did

Johnny is technically the third vote on Bac (since jd voted second but later changed his vote), not sure if he was aware of that though

Unless scum threw votes down on Doof/Sparkin? Or they were off the wagon idk

The lynch itself was random. Four people all had the same odds of being lynched. It just happened to be Abby.
    Ok but this doesn't stop there from being scum that voted for Abby?? Do you think it's unreasonable that scum could have voted on the wagons of players that are now confirmed inno?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Looking back on Superjolt's list of votes and the thread there is one thing I kinda find suspicious. Sparkin voted for Bac almost as soon as the game started... did we ever get an explanation for that? I've seen people put out a vote that soon to start a conversation but that isn't what happened at all; all the attention went to Abby and his horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad font and Bac and Jd were really the only ones who took notice of it. Was that just a random vote? I mean it was D1 and everyone for the most part just goofed off and messed around but... ~_~

As for voting... I'm not sure Sparkin is really worth a vote at this point, but I don't really like Pecilia's being dead set on keeping a vote on Abby just for that font and casting suspicion on the people who switched votes (purple's more or less confirmed, the others switched their votes after Abby abandoned font) or Alex kind of acting... defeated? If I had to pick between the two I kinda feel Pecilia's more scummy, and that's who I'm gonna go with.

[Vote] Pecilia

As for Bard, I think he should use his own judgement on who to target. Personally I kinda feel him having a malevolent spirit would be something he'd try to hide if he were mafia, and while I can't bank 100% on that I believe what he says. just don't earn yourself a dope slap, that's all I ask :|

Sparkin

Claiming a gun is one of the ways that mafia uses to earn trust. We choose a target for them, and if it's a inno, they'll shoot 'em. If they're a mafia, they'll shoot someone else and say that they were more scummy.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have a small feeling Ash is mafia. She knew I was confirmed inno, but still voted for me. Yes, I know I was switching votes, but that was at the beginning because I had nothing to go on and was against lynching someone for using different font lmao (even if I stated otherwise).

For anyone doubting my innocence, I got attacked by mafia...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think you've forgotten that I took my vote off later and the day ended with me not voting anyone bc of it. Why would I set myself up for possible failure like that.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Ok but this doesn't stop there from being scum that voted for Abby?? Do you think it's unreasonable that scum could have voted on the wagons of players that are now confirmed inno?

If that's the case, then I would look at who didn't get a 4th vote as to who your mafia members are; Nuclear Chicken, Sparkin, and Bidoof FTW.

Sword Master

You underestimate my power!
    Years
  • I'm going to unvote: BidoofFTW, his explanation was fine atm he's still high in my scum reads for casting the 3rd vote on Abby because of the font. I'd also like to point out scum could easily jump off the bandwagon when they know they will look scummy if they stay on, especially after the font was changed, although scum could easily stay on the bandwagon to cause an easy mislynch although I think that would be bad scum play.
    I strongly suspect that mafia joined the Abby bandwagon from the 3Rd vote onwards.

Superjolt has been acting odd right from the start imo, his joke at the beginning felt off and slightly scummy, maybe a slight scum lean here.

I need to look into Pecila more.

Back