• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girlfriend & Boyfriend

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    This is why differences bring folks together, as well as similarities. Too much similarity and the relationship dosn't have these little quirks that make it special. Not enough similarity and you don't have a relationship do you? Like most things in life, it's all about finding an equilibrium.

Yup. It's just when the differences are for really, really important things that it becomes bad. Like, if you want to run around in short skirts and your partner is modest and doesn't approve. You do it anyway, piss your partner off because he doesn't want people looking at you, doesn't want his family looking at you as "low", and is hurt you did something behind his back, becomes embarrassed and angry, and cause a potential fight about it which could lead to bad results, pending how mature the guy is and how well he handles frustration.

^ That happens often enough in serious relationships lol Maybe not that specific example, but doing sneaky stuff because you think they won't find out. They'll always find out at some point.

When there's differences, you should try to make it have a positive outcome. That brings ya closer :] It's when you fight over 'em that problems happen. Much like wars. Only in a relationship.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years

Yup. It's just when the differences are for really, really important things that it becomes bad. Like, if you want to run around in short skirts and your partner is modest and doesn't approve. You do it anyway, piss your partner off because he doesn't want people looking at you, doesn't want his family looking at you as "low", and is hurt you did something behind his back, becomes embarrassed and angry, and cause a potential fight about it which could lead to bad results, pending how mature the guy is and how well he handles frustration.

^ That happens often enough in serious relationships lol Maybe not that specific example, but doing sneaky stuff because you think they won't find out. They'll always find out at some point.

When there's differences, you should try to make it have a positive outcome. That brings ya closer :] It's when you fight over 'em that problems happen. Much like wars. Only in a relationship.

If a partner wanted to control so much about my physical appearance, I'd say that wasn't a relationship at all.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years

In all honesty, that doesn't sound like a healthy relationship o.0;;
    Piss your lover off because you can? If you loved them, why would you do that ):

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I know ): but some people thrive on it. It's disgusting.

They think it's humorous to see'em pissed off o_0 That's not love, that lol

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    In all honesty, that doesn't sound like a healthy relationship o.0;;
    Piss your lover off because you can? If you loved them, why would you do that ):

Just clarifying for him. He was using that situation as an example of a bad relationship. If you re-read it, especially the last two parts separated by line brakes, I think you'll see what I mean.

I know ): but some people thrive on it. It's disgusting.

They think it's humorous to see'em pissed off o_0 That's not love, that lol

I wouldn't diss the sadists. Just because what they do is ... quite frankly disturbing... a bit horrifying... one of the most horrible kinds of people you can accidentally date... (I'd know T~T) :cheeky:

Last edited:

Rose Pinkerton

Flower child
    Years
    Having a boyfriend is good if he lots of buys things for you. Sometimes they don't. You have to be careful.
    Above this is the cold shallowness that leads to heartbrake.
    Most teen relationships are mindlessly fuled by homones and a longing to be with someone. Don't settle for someone be with the one and try to be the best the one you can be for them.

Years
    I don't want a relationship.
    In my opinion, I don't think they are worth it for what they are.

Love is overrated and I will be happy if I don't meet someone for a good 10 years.

The only decent thing in relationships is the sex, which isn't hard to get.

Years
    I love and hate relationships. I mean, since I currently live with my significant other, it's a little more straining on the relationship than when it was when we didn't live together.

Relationships are fun, though, and so is experimenting with learning about all the different types of people/lovers/sexualities. Then again, I'm very fascinated with that sort of thing. Mind you, I don't get into relationships just to "study" the person or whatever, but I am intrigued by my observations of my own relationships as well as the relationships of those around me. My friends see me as somewhat of a love counselor even though all of them have had tons more relationships than I have. I just happen to have the longest running one. XD

Tip for those of you in high school or earlier: wait till you're either a senior or until you're in college before dating. It's so much easier on your psyche. :]

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!
    Sure, why not.

which isn't hard to get.
    This proves other chat is horribad. Even the DCC on S&M isn't as bad. But I'd agree it's a little overrated. Sure, you like each other, but sometimes doing stupid things like "lolomg one month presentz!!!!!" are bad aka horrible aka present-based relationship aka why can't I just take you to a movie or a restaurant and be done with it?

OT:
    Nah, never had a relationship. Still didn't find the right one, there's a few girls I like but not more than that. And I don't really talk to them either.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I'm.... I'm so sorry. I read the quote in his post, not the actual thing. >~<
    /hug

Also, Rose, Agreed. Fabio, not so much. :cer_blankstare:

:P

and yeah, not in agreeance with Fabio, either. Relationships aren't just for sex. That's how the immature, disgusting, low populace looks at it. That's just wrong.

:s

Also, Mr/Miss Japanese name (XD), if it's for a status, to fit in, or to be "cool", then the people who jump into relationships for those reasons (and just for sex) are the real losers Dx

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    what's so special?
    I don't know..

I guess it's hormones...
    I think everyone wants a pair/gf/bf because everyone else that's "Cool" has one.
    (not with me though)

Totally disagree. A relationship is not about status. Maybe if you're really immature, but if you have sense then a relationship is just a natural thing to do.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I wouldn't mind being in a relationship, but you see, I deem myself way more mature than my peers, and teenage relationships aren't about commitment, partnership, love, and all that stuff. It's merely a production of lust and infatuation brought upon us by our raging hormones. Yeah, I get lonely, but it's not worth it. I'd rather be alone than with someone that I don't love, and I merely hang around with to satisfy me whenever I wish.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    There is really nothing that special about a relationship. Most people I have seen just go out with people to rid themselves of that lonliness inside themselves. More often then not they don't love that person, simply pertending to be happy so they don't have to be alone. Don't take me wrong I have seen some serious relationships. Two of my friends go out and they are complety in love with each. They have similiar interest but always different outlooks on life. Aspects like that build upon good relationships and makes it worthwhile.

In contrast, there are these two girls I know, both had crushes on me at a time, and they are extremely desperate for a significant other. I believe they are like that because they both lack self esteem and so because they want someone to except them the for the way they are. Another theory of mine is that they both get that jealousy/lonely feel because they see other couples holding hands, cuddiling, and even kissing and they want someone they can do those with as well. So that's why I think they develop crushes on basically anyone who talks to them or is willing to help them out. A relationship is not that's serious and seriously its always better to wait to find the one compatable with you unlike these two crushing on every guy that they can in contact with.

Also, some relationships arnt even out of love for one another its because one or both is "hot." Going out with someone who looks good but doesn't have the personality to boot is a horrible mistake on my end. He/she could be the sexiest thing to walk the face of the earth but going with them because of that...no. outside is decietful it really all that's one the inside for a relationship to be everlasting. I'm not saying you can't go out with someone who looks good but I always reccommend you take a look at their personality before jumping the gun.

Yay time for a quote :D

This is why differences bring folks together, as well as similarities. Too much similarity and the relationship dosn't have these little quirks that make it special. Not enough similarity and you don't have a relationship do you? Like most things in life, it's all about finding an equilibrium.

I agree wholeheartly with what you just said here. You can have a lot of the same qualities but still have varing outlooks and perspectives on life. Me and my ex are pretty much the same person when it comes to interests and personality but we are seperate identities when it comes to they way we think and our way of life. Because of these qualities that's why we managed to have a good relationship untill I decided I liked us best as friends. It was like our relationship changed once we started going out and I didn't like it so I had to end it. I can't say I still don't love her and that she doesn't feel the same way about me as well.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I admit it, I am really sad I didn't have a highschool relationship. Sure, 95% of the time they don't last and are immature, but that's a good part of life. Not that I couldn't get one: I just couldn't get one with someone I actually found interesting :P

Granted, the relationships in the future are the ones that will matter most. As for now, I'll just wait and see if someone special comes my way.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Well, this topic is just a bit depressing, isn't it?

But it's also quite funny.

I personally think that serious relationships are bad because you will be more sad when they are over.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    If the relationship is that serious and true, then it won't be over. People aren't tools used just for your satisfaction, Jolene.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I know I'll sound Cliché/Ridiculous/Possibly Naïve/Cheesy when I say-

I am certain that if I went without loving someone and being loved back, I would be extremely unhappy with my life and feel incomplete. No matter if all my goals and dreams were lived out, I would still be miserable.

Quite frankly, being in a stable, loving relationship (and eventually having a family together) is really my number one goal.
    I don't know why, it just is.

Whether you believe love is non-existant, impossible to reach, etc.
    I could really not give any less caring then I'm doing so right now.

So good luck with that. :D

Back