• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving up anything for Lent?

pkmin3033

So Lent started today, and ends on the 13th of April. Going to give up anything this year?

User19sq

I'm not religious. Dun gotta give up sh*t.

SO LONG, SUCKERS!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • As a Christian, I somewhat oddly reject Lent. Recently it seems that the tradition has become more about virtue signaling than about bolstering your faith. In addition, traditions like these originate before Christianity, and as a result, I believe its better to worship in other ways. I'm not saying its a bad thing, and if you believe its a good thing, thats totally okay. I just have my personal disagreements.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Considering I've finally admitted to my mom that I'm not really Catholic and she's completely fine with it, I think "my label of Catholic" fits quite well.

Too bad it only lasts for the Lent season.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    trialing out being vegan for lent. i'm already vegetarian and i've always wanted to go that one step further but i don't think i'm quite ready, so i thought this would be a good excuse to trial it! lmao probably won't make it all the way i luv cheese way too much

i'm not religious either but it's a good excuse to be healthy ygm

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As someone who was raised in a hardcore religious family. I am forced to practice Lent.

just don't tell my mom i didn't go to church on wednesday. i had to work!!!

I gave up carbonated beverages for lent, this includes any kind of soda/coke. This will encourage me to start drinking more water.

Back