• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I haven't really played much, but the game seems more like Golden Sun Sidestory to me...

I mean, not that it's a bad game, but it seems to lack the qualities that distinguish a true, independent game, you know?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've only played up to the Ouroboros (sp?) Ruins/Labyrinth so far, and none of the bosses so far have been that tough. With three characters on offense and the fourth alternating between healing and attacking, I haven't run into anything especially challenging.

Still enjoying the game thus far in spite of that, however.

Years
    I've only played up to the Ouroboros (sp?) Ruins/Labyrinth so far, and none of the bosses so far have been that tough. With three characters on offense and the fourth alternating between healing and attacking, I haven't run into anything especially challenging.

Still enjoying the game thus far in spite of that, however.
    I did a few boss battles with physical attacks only, aside from 2 or 3 uses of Cure/Ply.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Man , Blados and Chalis

Weeaaakkk
    I've battled Vermin stronger than them
    and
    Lol i have eoleo on my team :3
    I wonder who the 2nd venus adept will be
    >:( no-one give it away for me

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I had bigger trouble against the dark monsters when they first popped up than against the bosses. But I'm at Dullahan right now and the thing is kicking my behind.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    I love this game so much!
    I'm at the Dream Forest now. I swapped out Rief for Amiti, because Amiti is better in everything except for luck.
    I got annoyed when Sveta left, I gave her my best Jupiter Djinn because she had better stats then Karis. She took those Djinn with her, so she better still have them when she comes back.

Years
    I love this game so much!
    I'm at the Dream Forest now. I swapped out Rief for Amiti, because Amiti is better in everything except for luck.
    I got annoyed when Sveta left, I gave her my best Jupiter Djinn because she had better stats then Karis. She took those Djinn with her, so she better still have them when she comes back.
    Wish Psynergy is where he excels. It's much better than Karis' Breeze line. He also has very high PP. I think I'm one of the few people who kept him until endgame: Matthew, Eoleo, Sveta and Rief.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Ok, I got the boat and I am just sailing about the World Map now.
    I don't like Eoleo that much, I prefer Tyrell.
    I swapped Karis out for Sveta though. She still had the Djinn I gave her, thankfully. Her beast forme is epic.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Urghh >.<
    Final battle with choas thing :L
    He's hard
    and the music sucks :(
    I preferred doom dragon or fusion dragons music ^.^ bob my head will kicking evil butts =3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm still finding the game to be a bit on the easy side, but it's the story that keeps me playing it. I'm not as far into the game as I probably should be, though (Just got off of the Craggy Peak Pass or whatever it's called) but I'm still having a good time playing it :)

Years
    FINALLY! I got my copy of Golden Sun today! :3

So I will start playing on it tomorrow onwards, since my DS is in Bristol and I go back tomorrow!

Years
    Urghh >.<
    Final battle with choas thing :L
    He's hard
    and the music sucks :(
    I preferred doom dragon or fusion dragons music ^.^ bob my head will kicking evil butts =3
    Really? Most people have the game much easier than before. I guess it doesn't help that most of us the played it at a young age are now adults or close to it.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    No, it's not necessary. The thing with Dullahan is that every couple of turns, he resets your Djinn so that you can't use them. Basically, you can't depend on Wish magic and likely Matthew will end up being your sole healer for part of the fight and you can't rely too much on Revive magic because that goes when the Djinn gets reset. It's just best to set all your Djinn so that you can fire off as many summons as possible in the beginning of the game because they won't be reliable later on.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Just finished the game >-< EPIC CLIFFHANGER!
    Surely they'll be Golden Sun 4
    :D
    Anyways :S i truly must suck if i hadd too waste 4 days in my bedroom traing to lvl 80 jus to beat
    chaos chimera

but then i used waalk anywhere codes and saw
    there lots on unaccessable places on the world map like the venus light house
    Idijema All of Gondowan Atteka and Hesperia
    There all there despite being unaccesable and not even able to be seen with out cheating :3

Fingers crossed for number 4 :P

Years
    No, it's not necessary. The thing with Dullahan is that every couple of turns, he resets your Djinn so that you can't use them. Basically, you can't depend on Wish magic and likely Matthew will end up being your sole healer for part of the fight and you can't rely too much on Revive magic because that goes when the Djinn gets reset. It's just best to set all your Djinn so that you can fire off as many summons as possible in the beginning of the game because they won't be reliable later on.
    From memory, Himi can revive as a base class. Also, Karis has group healing Psynergy. Sadly, neither of which is very sturdy. If you can get a bunch of Mist Potions and Waters of Life, that would also help.

What level are you at the moment?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Really? Most people have the game much easier than before. I guess it doesn't help that most of us the played it at a young age are now adults or close to it.

true ... i got golden sun 1 when i was 9 i think o.O
    surprisingly enough i had no idea what it was about =3
    now i know much :D

Edit:
    And also im just wondering but are
    Blados and Chalis Prox desendants ? They seem to look a bit like agatio and karst :/

Last edited:
    Back