• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Years
    I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread at all O_o
    Well, I am going to be getting Golden Sun rather soon, as my friend has reserved a copy in a game shop for me. SWEET!

I remember loving these games from when I was younger.

It's really worth it. Just don't expect the same game, it's a little different: more dialogue, missables, etc. A little more linear, as well.

Years
    It's really worth it. Just don't expect the same game, it's a little different: more dialogue, missables, etc. A little more linear, as well.

Agreed, even I, someone who's addicted to this series, has missed 2 Djinn, a summon (Flora) and I'm sure, plenty of items. :0 I'm in Belinsk about to save Eoleo. But still worth it. It's all I've done for a few days. XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Note: Post a spoiler anywhere I can see, and I will butcher you beyond recognition.

Just like Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya.

...but yeah, here's hoping I get this game for Christmas. :D

Agreed, even I, someone who's addicted to this series, has missed 2 Djinn, a summon (Flora) and I'm sure, plenty of items. :0 I'm in Belinsk about to save Eoleo. But still worth it. It's all I've done for a few days. XD

May God have mercy on your soul.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Wait...it's OUT? AHHHHHHH!
    Gotta go get it!
    Oh, missed it by a week...no biggie. :D

How's the updated graphics and gameplay? I'm asking because when Fire Emblem got a whole new graphics upgrade for DS, I really lost interest in it because it wasn't as spiffy as the GBA versions. Hoping the upgrade didn't hurt Golden Sun. =/

Years
    Wait...it's OUT? AHHHHHHH!
    Gotta go get it!
    Oh, missed it by a week...no biggie. :D

How's the updated graphics and gameplay? I'm asking because when Fire Emblem got a whole new graphics upgrade for DS, I really lost interest in it because it wasn't as spiffy as the GBA versions. Hoping the upgrade didn't hurt Golden Sun. =/
    Most people love it. I'm not a huge fan of the overworld graphics, because they tend to look a little muddy like most 3D DS games, but battle graphics are great and the overall game looks polished. The gameplay's pretty similar, so you shouldn't be disappointed.

Also, the 3D rendering makes it possible for more complex puzzles, as things can overlap, etc.

Years

I am buying it tomorrow or Sunday =D
    I can't wait :3

But I forgot my DS as it is still in Bristol! XD
    Will have to wait for the new year to come before I get a chance to play it =[

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Golden Sun DS : Dark Dawn is gonna be an awesome one
    and theres an apperent sequel coming too
    Also Golden Sun 1 & 2 were prequels and theres apprently gonna be a whole seriers of golden sun games kinda like final fantasy and dragon quest

And from the screens in the first post

the 3rd screen is eclipse
    and the 4th from what i see looks like neither venus lighthouse or the lighthouse ruins

P.S Wowglad to see theres so many golden sun fans here!!! i love yhou all

Years
    Golden Sun DS : Dark Dawn is gonna be an awesome one
    and theres an apperent sequel coming too
    Also Golden Sun 1 & 2 were prequels and theres apprently gonna be a whole seriers of golden sun games kinda like final fantasy and dragon quest

And from the screens in the first post

the 3rd screen is eclipse
    and the 4th from what i see looks like neither venus lighthouse or the lighthouse ruins

P.S Wowglad to see theres so many golden sun fans here!!! i love yhou all

Do you have links or any supporting information to that? :o I'm intrigued. I had a feeling they'd revive the franchise past one game.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Brought the game three days ago.
    Already finished it (Sidequests not included.)

Absolutely amazing game.
    oh, and here's a comment I'm gonna spoiler quickly for anyone who hasn't beaten the game.
    Spoiler:

Puzzles seemed a bit easier to the ones in previous games though.
    But that's my only gripe.

Luckily didn't miss any Djinn. ;3.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    So my dad just gave me a hundred dollars so I can get my self something for Christmas. I think that effectively removes my problem of not being able to afford the game and I have money to spare from it which will stack up with the money I was originally saving up for the game.

I replayed the Lost Age and now I'm hoping Takeru the child of Susa and Kushinada from Izumo is going to help you since they did say he would help Felix, Jenna, Sheba and Piers' descendants and we know Matthew is Jenna's son.

Do you have links or any supporting information to that? :o I'm intrigued. I had a feeling they'd revive the franchise past one game.

When the first trailers were out a few years ago they said this was going to be the first game in the main series and that the first two were just prologues of the actual series.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, I don't jack about this game but my brother wants it so I'm getting it for him for Christmas!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Did anyone else think the game was too easy or that maybe there should have been a hard mode? I finished the game in 22 hours and I was over leveled with all the Djinni. There weren't enough bosses and there weren't any hard ones, maybe Dullahan but he's the only one I haven't fought yet so I wouldn't know. The ghost of the Star Magician was pitiful compared to the actual one since his damage wasn't enough for me to use wish well every turn.
    Spoiler:

I also find it stupid how they force the tutorial like when Flint asks if you know how to use the Djinni and you tell him you do, he teaches it to you again just in case you forgot.

I also think some characters didn't have enough game time *cough cough* Himi *cough cough*.You've pretty much finished the game by the time you obtain her. I also don't see where all these towns came from, according to them they've been there since forever so the only explanation I could think of was that they were underground when alchemy was still sealed.

I think they shouldn't call the Eastern Sea, the Eastern Sea anymore, it's more like North Eastern Sea. Since you don't really get to go to Osenia or Gondowan or the one that's in between them. The game also seemed to be mocking me by showing me the Mercury Lighthouse but with no path to get there since there's a guard blocking me from going to Bibilin.

I guess the game was still pretty good, my favourite addition to the game is Sveta. By far my favourite character so far.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Yeah, the bosses were my gripe too. There were what...3-4 bosses excluding the extra bosses in the storyline? NOT ENOUGH. The storyline play was just way too easy. =/

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think the main reason it was so easy was because the enemies in the darkness gave more exp(combined) than a Wonder Bird. The game forced you to the late 40s, early 50s by the end of the game. In GS:TLA I was only in the early 40s when I beat the game including the secret bosses. The final boss wasn't any strong so your characters would like rip him apart.

Back