• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    At the moment, some of my characters already hit level 90. Sveta's the oddball though, she's still at level 82. When I beat Dullahan, my main party was in their mid 80s and the secondary party late 70s. I mostly fought Dullahan with my secondary party, the main party didn't get dragged in until I ran low of PP and got killed off. Oh, btw, Dullahan's got some summon attack that takes over 300 damage from you. And he attacks 3 times a turn.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    I must be one of the few who beat Dullahan with my levels in the mid-40s range... Just Summon Rushed him and had no issues.

And he didn't reset my Djinn at all in that battle, so the "every couple turns" thing is inaccurate.

Also, Nintendork, I'd say but that might spoil a major plot point in the game.

Years
    Well, since I have had 2 days of no computer, I decided it was about time to start Golden Sun.
    And you know what my thoughts were when playing through it?

"This seems awfully easy :/".

Am I the only one to think this?
    Though, I hope it gets harder later on. I am on like, level 30 overall so far.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Doesn't get much harder until you start fighting the optional bosses. Yeeeah.
    Is Amiti a mage or fighter? I'm just wonderin' because not until recently I checked his stats out of boredom and his attack is in the 700s, where my other fighters are...and I can't tell if it's a late development thing or what. This entire time, I've been using him as a mage. >.>

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
    Doesn't get much harder until you start fighting the optional bosses. Yeeeah.
    Is Amiti a mage or fighter? I'm just wonderin' because not until recently I checked his stats out of boredom and his attack is in the 700s, where my other fighters are...and I can't tell if it's a late development thing or what. This entire time, I've been using him as a mage. >.>

Well, I always thought his class was a bit of a hybrid of the two, he has Warrior style attack, but more support/healing options, and great mage-like HP stat.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Does anyone else think that Garet's mustache has to go? Also does anyone think the next game will pick up from where Nowell left off?

Well, I always thought his class was a bit of a hybrid of the two, he has Warrior style attack, but more support/healing options, and great mage-like HP stat.

He only appears to have high HP because of his base class, if you switch him to another class he's around average. Also the weapons he can use are the same as Karis. Unless you give him Tisiphone Edge, he's not much of a fighter.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Well, since I have had 2 days of no computer, I decided it was about time to start Golden Sun.
    And you know what my thoughts were when playing through it?

"This seems awfully easy :/".

Am I the only one to think this?
    Though, I hope it gets harder later on. I am on like, level 30 overall so far.

Yeah, the game was kind of a breeze. D:
    Well, The final boss was a bit challenging for me. xD;;
    Even though it's easy, I still love it. :D
    I tried battling Dullahan the other day, and my only reaction was "Holy cr-".
    Yeeeah. xD;;

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Yeah, the game was kind of a breeze. D:
    Well, The final boss was a bit challenging for me. xD;;
    Even though it's easy, I still love it. :D
    I tried battling Dullahan the other day, and my only reaction was "Holy cr-".
    Yeeeah. xD;;

I beaten the Chaos Chimera thinks ' Paha! Barely did anything'
    Then i beat Star magician thinks ' Woah! This was hard!'
    Then Dullahan then thinks ' Fuuuuuuuuuuuu------------'

Now i gotta find this other creature im Otaka isle :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, I just beat the main story mode. Chaos Chimera wasn't too hard; I just went into the battle with EVERY Djinn on standby and just kept casting summon after summon until it went down:P

Question: For the life of me, I cannot find the person in Tonfon who gives you the "Sanan Sea" entry for the Encyclopedia, and it's the only entry I'm missing. Can someone help a brother out?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Well, I just beat the main story mode. Chaos Chimera wasn't too hard; I just went into the battle with EVERY Djinn on standby and just kept casting summon after summon until it went down:P

Question: For the life of me, I cannot find the person in Tonfon who gives you the "Sanan Sea" entry for the Encyclopedia, and it's the only entry I'm missing. Can someone help a brother out?

Try using spirit sense on the weapons shop guy at Champla Camp.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Thanks, that worked!

Anyone else disappointed that after you beat Chaos Chimera, you can't see the world post-eclipse? When you restart your game after beating it, the eclipse is still in full effect. I would have liked to travel the world and talk to people after the world has been saved...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I tried to wander back to their hometown after the game but forgot that the cave was totally blocked in. =/
    But yeah, post game, there's really nothing left to do other than defeat the optional bosses.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Thanks, that worked!

Anyone else disappointed that after you beat Chaos Chimera, you can't see the world post-eclipse? When you restart your game after beating it, the eclipse is still in full effect. I would have liked to travel the world and talk to people after the world has been saved...

Yeah, I have to agree that was disappointing. :/
    But then again, Golden Sun 4, anyone? ಠ‿ಠ

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Is it just me, or does it seem that Golden Sun games have to be played under a video walkthrough to play?

I have just started the game and I can't progress on without a walkthrough.
    Maybe I suck at RPGs requiring a lot of brain power.

Last edited:

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Is it just me, or does it seem that Golden Sun games have to play under a video walkthrough to play?

I have just started the game and I can't progress on without a walkthrough.
    Maybe I suck at RPGs requiring a lot of brain power.

You mean you always need to have a walkthrough playing while you're playing it?
    It's not that hard (for me, at least). Some puzzles take a while to find the solution to (THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS the one where you have to move all the statues without them crossing paths. But even then, you could just use Amiti's Insight to see where 2 of them go. And that Venus bit on the way to the Apollo Lens, where you have to race against the wheel. Didn't realise you could use Grip to swing across.) but overall, it's not really that hard.

Back