• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • I made a banner~

It's made of just 2 colors, and it took forever to come up with how to make the picture not look stupid. But we shall see then. AND it's Atsushi Otani from Lovely Complex <3

Graphic Rating Thread

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well if you want someone to do it then I will XD;

1) I don't like how grungy it looks. I LIKE grunge, but, it's just too much. The text fits though, and the avatar is cool so 6/10

2) You can barely see Mario in that ._.
    The background is nice, but I think you made the overlay on Mario way too dark. You can barely see the text on both the banner and the avatar that HAS the text. 4/10

Out of the two of them, I have to say I like the first one better.
    I"m no good at this so if anyone else wants to rate him, go ahead XD;

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Color Me Evil; O_O AMAZLING. I really really like this banner, the render positioning is awesome, the text positioning is perfect, along with that crescent-thing that sort of helps the text that's subtle stand out just a bit more. The tiny text on the bottom of the actual text gives it a really nice effect too, and the color layers work out really really well. Point-blank, I love this banner like no other. 10/10

(I love color layers! >:D Even though they never really work for me. xD)

Mizt;

Well, both of them have an insanely huge problem. The focus is nowhere.

1. Text is way too big, stands out way too much, the black brushing in the corner stands out too much as well, it's hard to read the text in the black brushing, the render is pretty much gone under all the effects, and the banner is annoyingly huge. Just to name a few problems that irk me. If there wasn't the fact that your render looks as though it's disappearing behind the busy background, and there wasn't a render at all, then it'd look a lot better. Lower the opacity on the text or something next time.

2. You're blending, too much. If you don't blend at all, then it looks like you just stuck a picture on top of a background. But if you blend too much, you lose your focus, and it just looks like a big red thing with darker red pixels splashed across it. The text is impossible to read, and it's just... overdone. AKA; I think you overdid it on this one. To be dead honest, I'm not really liking this banner at all. :/

Chikara; Cuuuute text positioning! :O You're definitely getting better, but the scratchy effect on the stock that doesn't apply to the rest of it is a major... well, I don't really like it. xD *Has always hated filters* I think you could've made the stock stand out in a different way. Perhaps if you'd left the stock as it was, and just made the color of it darker than the color of the text, that'd be- oh wait, you were going for the two-tone color scheme.... xD; Well, I wouldn't know how to remedy it then. </3 The starry brushes on the right are nice, but you probably could've added more.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • O_O I think after that ill just give up...
    I'll just post my last set(for a member at another forum):
    Graphic Rating Thread

if you want to see the banner pm me. bye (mabye forever) *shot*

mizt~

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    o_o;

No need to take it so personally.

You asked for the comments in the first place, it's not like I guarunteed that they'd be telling you how wonderfully masterful your banners are. If you just stop now, then I'll end up saying those things to you forever, but if you work on making them better, then I'll probably say a few more positive things. Besides, it's not like I'm speaking for the whole community. <_< Those comments are just me.

But you know, you do what you want, what you think is best.

Also, this is a graphic rating thread, not a random comments thread. I've ignored it up to now, but try and make your replies a little less off-topic Mizt.

Anyway, I forgot to ask this to be rated, so if anyone would be so kind as to give me some useful comments...

Graphic Rating Thread

I think the scanlines might be too obvious, but oh well. :/

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • o_o;

No need to take it so personally.

You asked for the comments in the first place, it's not like I guarunteed that they'd be telling you how wonderfully masterful your banners are. If you just stop now, then I'll end up saying those things to you forever, but if you work on making them better, then I'll probably say a few more positive things. Besides, it's not like I'm speaking for the whole community. <_< Those comments are just me.

But you know, you do what you want, what you think is best.

Also, this is a graphic rating thread, not a random comments thread. I've ignored it up to now, but try and make your replies a little less off-topic Mizt.

Anyway, I forgot to ask this to be rated, so if anyone would be so kind as to give me some useful comments...

Graphic Rating Thread

I dont know what the cra* youre talking about, anyways 10/10 nice
    one more:
    Graphic Rating Thread

if you want to see the banner pm me

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't think you need to censor the word crap.

Anyway, this one is considerably better. A border would be good, and maybe if the red value and contrast weren't quite so heavy on the Typhlosion.

Evilcheese; I didn't rate your banner because you were too lazy to rate anyone else's. So I guess I was just too lazy to rate yours. Sorry.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • I don't think you need to censor the word crap.

Anyway, this one is considerably better. A border would be good, and maybe if the red value and contrast weren't quite so heavy on the Typhlosion.

Evilcheese; I didn't rate your banner because you were too lazy to rate anyone else's. So I guess I was just too lazy to rate yours. Sorry.
    ehehehe why thank you! I'll think of that! :D
    I'm not sure how to make the broken up border though :(

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Rate please! =O

Graphic Rating Thread

It's pretty old. xD

Oh and the image is from Teppo Pepper.

Last edited:

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Graphic Rating Thread

OMG! This is the one for Musashi-kun right?
    The scanlines settings are perfect! They are not too obvious in my opinion.
    And it's blended too well that I don't know where the render starts and end. 8D
    For the C4D usage, the think the one on the render's hair should be erased. To be exact, it's around 105 degrees from the render's left(on my side) eye.
    I can't really read the last text though. 'Uiew' I guess.

Anyway, the positioning is well done and it's as expected from Mizzy chan 8D

Double Edit: I forgot that there is a word called 'View' xD
    I dont know what the cra* youre talking about, anyways 10/10 nice
    one more:
    Graphic Rating Thread

if you want to see the banner pm me
    You are using filter effects too much and did you just used paint bucket tool for the background?

Side Note: Did you get any pm from people bugging you to show them your secretly hidden banner? I guess not...

----------

EDIT: I wanna get more comments from other people about this banner.
    Up to now, I only got that the render is not blended enough.

Graphic Rating Thread

Last edited:

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I missed two. heehee
    Rate please! =O

Graphic Rating Thread

It's pretty old. xD
    The total outcome is nice even though I would lower the Musical Notes layers so it won't get all mixed with the text. And shades of '>'s are nice but seeing one shade twice is not that good. Maybe make the text darker? After all, i still love this one.
    Graphic Rating Thread

i guess you didnt see that anyways I love the text of that banner it fits in very well ^^
    The render is not cut off great. You did this one just to test the border right? Experiment failed. Look at the two sides of borders, one thiner and one thicker! If you call that 'style' it's not appealing to me. And the text needs to be more visible. And the decorations under the text is just OVER the limits.
    Render placement wrong, render not cut well, not blended well, background empty, too much text decorations, border not appealing. ^^'
    You did it quick right?

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mizt, I'll rate your current one, because it looks a lot better than the Rayquaza one IMO, and also your other brown-ish one.

On your current banner... Well, good usage of gradient. Very nice. What's not so great is that it's somewhat obvious you didn't render the palkia image due to some of the splatters cutting off abruptly, and others looking as though they have a white overlay on them. I don't know if you noticed. xD The two splatters that are repeated in the middle, the big ones, that's a big no-no. You never want to use the same brushes in two places where they'll instantly be recognized as the same. That's bad bad bad, because looking as this banner, I see that you used maybe three brushes max. The text is great, though if you wanted, it could be a little bigger. Placement is alright, though you might want to shove it into the corner a bit more. The squares next to the text are a great touch. Though, perhaps next time, you'll want to make the stock a little bigger, so that it takes up more space. It's a good banner overall though, that's for sure.

If you don't know how to render on Photoshop, I have a quick and crappy tutorial I whipped up for Chikara awhile back. If you can understand it, you should give it a shot. xD You might not be able to understand it though, because I'm terrible at explaining, let alone tutorials. </3

Extremely Vague Rendering Tutorial

That said, I'll ignore the terrible render job on the next one I'm rating. First thing I have to say, there is such thing as over-use. Here, you've majorly overused the star brush, and that goes for your Rayquaza banner as well. You should try experimenting with other borders, instead of just using the dotted border all the time. Sometimes, a simple 1 px black line works wonders as a great border. *nod* The color effects on the render are somewhat odd, and I'm not a huge fan of it. But I'll have to disagree with Shika-kun here and say that the text decorations on the bottom aren't all too bad. Adding the X's, which I'd imagine are meant to be text decorations in themselves, it might be a bit too much, but if we see the X's merely as text, then it's a good attempt. Keep an eye on making sure you don't overuse a single element in your banner, because we want to see different styles. ^^

Shika-kun; Well, it's a clean render, which is good. The blending attempt on the right doesn't look all too great, but it's not too noticeable, and it's not terrible either. The background's grungy look doesn't really fit the cleanliness of the render to me though. The lines could have a lowered opacity, along with the text. Text placement and decor's are good though, font is okay. The c4d is nicely placed, so that's definitely a plus. Overall good job on this one, I'd say.

Hazuki; TEPPO PEPPER?! Can't rate it until you give Teppo proper credit. ;< Goes hand-in-hand with my dA art policy. It's technically a form of art theft to me. *having been busted for it a long time ago, I'm terribly paranoid about it now.*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back