• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Greatest achievement in Gen VII

Years
    Hello, I'm posing this question for you all today and that is what was your greatest achievement regarding Sun/Moon or USUM? For me it was hatching a 6iv Timid Abra! The only thing that would have made it better was if it were shiny and had Magic Guard!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Personally, my greatest achievement in gen 7 was not buying USUM. Just not a big fan of gen 7 and didn't feel like forking over 30 bucks.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Aren't ideal IVs easier than ever in gen 7?

They started being easier than ever in Gen VI due to the change in Destiny Knot mechanics, which carried over into this gen. The only saving grace this gen has is make it much easier to check IVs, but you're only aiming for perfect IVs, which can be accomplished by the IV judge in earlier games, including Gen VI.

Anyway, as for the topic, hatching a shiny Mimikyu after 1440 eggs...with perfect IVs. This was a hunt I started around Halloween last year but overstayed its welcome, so I put it off for a while. When I came back to it, the shiny popped out in the batch of 150 eggs I was hatching.

pkmin3033

Considering how much I disliked them, just finishing these games is a monumental achievement for me. Moon more so than Ultra Moon, but still.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    idk, getting a 50 win streak in Battle Tree would probably be the thing, it's never been easy for me to do that

Years
    Getting a 100-win streak on the Battle Tree in Sun, perhaps. After choking at battle #100 at one point, no less!

And completing a Wonderlocke on Moon with 13 deaths, managing to not lose any Pokemon against the league in the end.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    They started being easier than ever in Gen VI due to the change in Destiny Knot mechanics, which carried over into this gen. The only saving grace this gen has is make it much easier to check IVs, but you're only aiming for perfect IVs, which can be accomplished by the IV judge in earlier games, including Gen VI.

Anyway, as for the topic, hatching a shiny Mimikyu after 1440 eggs...with perfect IVs. This was a hunt I started around Halloween last year but overstayed its welcome, so I put it off for a while. When I came back to it, the shiny popped out in the batch of 150 eggs I was hatching.

Yeah, but 7 made it even easier than that, from what I've read.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Completed UltraMoon storyline & Shiny Charm in 1.5 day(s),
    Managed to breed myself several flawless/ near flawless shinies and EV them,
    Ultra Wormhole Legendaries & Ultra Beasts ?????????!
    Managed to get my Marshadow & Zeraora.
    Can't remember more, but I did more in my UltraMoon than my Sun (Sold after I completed it) & Moon combined. I really love this generation.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    Completed UltraMoon storyline & Shiny Charm in 1.5 day(s),
    Managed to breed myself several flawless/ near flawless shinies and EV them,
    Ultra Wormhole Legendaries & Ultra Beasts ?????????!
    Managed to get my Marshadow & Zeraora.
    Can't remember more, but I did more in my UltraMoon than my Sun (Sold after I completed it) & Moon combined. I really love this generation.
    how you get zeraora?

Back