• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greatest fight you have been in

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
  • what the title says. what game/s have you had the greatest fight in?
    i've got quite a few so i'll just name a couple off the top of my head...
    Kingdom Hearts - the last boss fights are always crazy
    SSBB - though i've only been in one once, i found that tournament matches were pretty intense

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Greatest fight you have been in

Because there's nothing like beating the ghost of a witch inside of a possessed Bowser.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Vezon in Bionicle Heroes, Dimentio in Paper Mario and Wallace in Pokemon Emerald. They were pretty hard.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I can recall many opponents that have put up an amazing battle against my ordinary gaming skill.

Spoiler:

This is one that pops up into my head, and I can still remember it as clear as day. The second boss from Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex: Crunch - Water form, drowned and dominated me with his surperb strenght and speed. In the first file of this game I easily defeated him without any trouble. Which now I can say, looking back was a fluke. Since I decided to restart my first file I soon faced him again, to be totaly crushed. By the way, the aim of this boss is to reach him and spin him, getting to him by the means of floating stone panels that would sink if you stood on them for to long. He would often send out lazers that you'd have to jump over testing your speed, timing and hand-eye co-ordination.

I'll post more soon, but right now I can't be bothered since I only got back from the Royal Melbourne Show about a couple of hours ago. ..STILL Exhausted. XD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Kingdom Hearts, expert mode, fighting Sephiroth with no accessories, no abilities(excluding scan), no shared abilities, no items and using Kingdom Key.

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • The final boss in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess...he's s beast you fight not once nor twice and not even three times but FOUR times!
    First when he possess Zelda
    Second when he turns into beast form
    Third fight him while horse back riding
    Fourth head to head swordplay
    Only if he was a a lot harder than it would've been more epic.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The adrenaline was rushing through me when I fought bowser in Galaxy, the E4 in HG, and Teh Sandman in Punch-Out
    Awesome thread btw.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • The fight with Yunalesca and the second fight with Seymour in X had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Taboo in SSBB, took me 27 tries >.< I am not really good at 3rd person fighters. Go figure.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    -Safer-Sephiroth in my first run of Final Fantasy VII when I was ten. I lost countless times; didn't have Omnislash or KOTR.
    -Blue at the end of Pokemon Red when I was, again, ten. That was hard. Really hard. My heart was going.
    -Lance at the end of Crystal in my last playthrough. My weakest against his Charizard. I won when his attack missed.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I remember one epic battle against our rival in Pokemon Leafgreen that I only one due to a well timed use of an X-Attack. I kept losing to him, and I almost was ready to give up, when I remember I had an X-Attack, and figured "hey, why not?" BOOM Next thing I knew, I was watching the credits. I don;t remember what my team was, but I never looked at X-Attacks as useless again. :D

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH.

Also, Youmu Konpaku. That got REAL, yo.

But... yeah. Skeith, probably. It was my first real "OH NOES, OH NOES, OH NOOOOOOEEEES!" boss fight.

I was scared, and on the edge of my seat.

I cheered when I won.

It was a good day for the free world.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hal the boss fights from Metroid Prime fit the title of "most epic ever", but my personal favorite goes to Omega Pirate for being perhaps the biggest and most challenging of the bunch. My first run through the game took me upwards of ten tries to kill him, but in recent playthroughs, I can kill him in one "cycle". :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Fighting Ganon in Ocarina of Time was epic. I was standing up so that I could see (my tv was positioned weird, so dark games were hard to see) and I kept screaming "GET OFFA ME!!!" and "THIS IS MY LAST POTION!!" and "GIMME YOUR TAIL!!!"

Epic stuff, epic stuff. My brother and sister were amused, and slightly frightened, I'm sure.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hmm...

Spoiler:

I haven't beaten Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess yet (left off in City In The Sky), but the boss battle against Twilit Fossil Stallord (within Arbiter's Ground) was awesome. Tension rose especially when this music was playing. :D Factor in quicksand, (fire?) blasts, and some weird...things called Staltroops, and you've got a great fight on your hands. Multiplied twofold in the battle's "second half" :rambo:

(Surprisingly, the battle was made more infuriating in that I had a power outage right after I had defeated Stallord, except that I did not get to the saving sequence in time. :cer_cry: :cer_pissed: Cue unfortunate frustrating rematch against Stallord.)

And the stupid Twilit Mace Knight (within Snowpeak Mansion/Ruins)...when I got to his room, I noticed the Clawshot targets; I just didn't know I'd need to use them in rapid succession... The Mace Knight was the first (and currently only) demiboss I've lost to in the game. No demiboss or boss so far has given me so much trouble that I would have to rely on my potions/soup more than usual! The Mace Knight also has been the only boss that's taken me more than one attempt to defeat (which really made me mad :cer_pissed:); thankfully, I triumphed on the second attempt.
    Only with later research did I notice that the Mortal Draw is equally as viable as other tactics... :cer_cry:

-----

Champions Steven Stone, Wallace (Pokemon Sapphire, Emerald respectively) and Gary "MF-ing" Oak (Pokemon FireRed) were awesome battles as well, especially Kanto Elite 4 Second Wave.

My two more memorable Pokemon battles, though, were:

1. In a tough Lv. 100 Battle Tower match, it seriously looked like I was about to lose so I was millimeters away from moving my Game Boy Advance SP's power switch and shutting off the system. But I decided "True Pokemon Trainers don't give up," so I stuck it through and let the battle play out. Due to an unexpected turn of events, I actually won! :cer_boogie: Granted, I advanced a few more sets and my streak was sadly broken later on... Still, that one battle truly taught me the meaning of "Never give up, never surrender!"
    Even if all hope seems lost in a battle, do not turn off the system. Stick it through. ;) (unless it's one of those Gen III 'endless' Wobuffet Shadow Tag matches or a match where both Pokemon are holding Leftovers, have maximum evasion, have Paralysis, and are using Struggle. Then you might consider turning the game off, since those can drag out for a long (understatement) time.

2. I finally advanced past the 56th Trainer in Double Battles last summer thanks to a Jolly Flygon that decimated the opposition! :cer_boogie: (and is now nicknamed Trump Card :D). Earning those Victory Ribbons was such a cherished moment (especially after all the computer Trainers spammed Metagross like there was no tomorrow! :cer_pissed:) The battle was so memorable, I recorded over a Frontier Brain battle just to remember the achievement that appeared to be merely a distant goal for so long...

-----

And in Super Smash Bros. Brawl...Subspace Army Leader Tabuu :pink_pissed: Stupid Off-Waves of 1HKO-ness... Of all the game's bosses, this one was a PAIN. I wanted to complete the game without online help, but this one boss made me consult SmashWiki for a strategy. Thank goodness for roll-dodging! :) I haven't tried defeating him on Intense, but I figure that'll be quite a challenge... :/ Still, whittling down the HP of the Master of Subspace who was responsible for most of the crap the Smash Brotherhood had to endure is no easy task... Such an awesome battle, and even a more relished victory! :D

EDIT: Almost forgot, Cyclopsis, the last boss from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers videogame (Sega Game Gear version)... Always loved facing him, after going through several narrowly escaped fights just to reach him...!

EDIT 2: How could I forget Omega and Shinryu of Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls. The latter was extremely tough, but Omega was in a whole other league. Well over 30+ full battles/attempts before I was able to fell the abomination... Probably one of the most cherished victories in gaming history...!

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Damn you Lv1 Critical Mode Mysterious Figure
    Damn you.

God that fight is so damn difficult but the music is so awesome.

KH:BBS btw.

Back