• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Groudon or Kyogre?

Which mascot legendary do you like more?

• Groudon

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • Both

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ray-Ray's where it's at

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    As a fan of Water Pokemon (And no, I'm not Misty XD) I prefer Kyogre. And after Articuno (Ice counts as frozen water?)it's my favourite legendary. When I was a child, I hated Fire types, so I would have hated Groudon now because of that, now it's OK

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Groudon is just another (anything)

You're kidding, right? Groudon is the first physically specialized legendary. A mono-typed Ground mon as a title-holding legendary was unheard of in Generations 1 and 2.

I got Alpha Sapphire for Thundurus, and am having some serious buyer's remorse. Groudon is terrifying on the field - Kyogre falls to a Thunderbolt from half the pokes on my rotation.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I prefer Rayquaza way over anything else. But I go for Kyogre since it's Kyogre vs Groudon. I think its design is better than Groudon who just looks like a beefed up Barney to me. I do prefer reptiles over whales/aquatic life but Groudon just isn't for me. I always disliked him since Mystery Dungeon and he was being mean.
    Also because Kyogre is blue and I love blue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    You're kidding, right? Groudon is the first physically specialized legendary. A mono-typed Ground mon as a title-holding legendary was unheard of in Generations 1 and 2.

I got Alpha Sapphire for Thundurus, and am having some serious buyer's remorse. Groudon is terrifying on the field - Kyogre falls to a Thunderbolt from half the pokes on my rotation.

in terms of typing groudon's cool, but in terms of designs in correlation to what pleases my aesthetically, i don't find groudon desirable. In terms of personal preference and aesthetic, Kyogre is far more pleasing to me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I voted for both because I don't really have a preference, honestly. I say I like Kyogre better sometimes but that's really because I like blue and Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. I like both of their designs and their glowing Primal forms look sick. However, I meant to vote for the last option because I really do love Rayquaza a lot more!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Groudon who just looks like a beefed up Barney to me.
    wat
    Groudon or Kyogre?
    Groudon or Kyogre?

I mean, everyone has their preferences, but...

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Godzilla with the power to make entire continents.
    Or
    Orca.

Not much competition there. I like rayquaza more than both, but voted for groudon, to answer the actual question. Kyogre's primal form just can't keep up with groudon's now that he only has a ground weakness.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Definitely the best pair of mascots for any pair of Pokemon games IMO. My favourite legendary has always been Kyogre though since playing Sapphire.

Years
    Groudon for looks and Kyogre for usefulness and sheer power.
    That said, I almost always go for looks, so I voted for Groudon. Come on, look at it, it looks so threatening. Kyogre looks like a derpy whale or, depending on the angle, a giant man boob with wings..XD

Nakala Pri

DEFINITELY Groudon over Kyogre!! I find a spotted whale slightly more boring then a massive titan Pokemon that can heat up the world until it's like an overdone piece of popcorn.

What can Kyogre do? Drown everything? Being crisped is more scary then drowning.

But I prefer Rayquaza to them both. Even though it's Mega-thingy is like Alakazam's old pal from the bingo club, I like it's Oriental design and I always found it was one of the more forgotten legendaries, making it even more interesting! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    I really love both Legendaries and Gen 3 is one of my favourite generations, but I mean come on your asking me to choose Willy or Godzilla basically.

Ground on can destroy anything and now that his Primal is resistant to water he is a monster.

Yes I did buy AS first but that is because I prefer Aqua to Magma. However when I pick up Ruby you can bet that Groudon will be a mainstay in my team.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Grou-wow is clearly cooler, but Kyogie is typically better in battle. Though the new abilities change that.

Gordon was lv.99 in my Ruby 12 years ago.

pkmin3033

Well, when I was younger I was immediately drawn to Groudon, although my preferences have shifted over to Kyogre...for one thing, it has nicer plushies. Groudon plushies look horribly squashed and deformed. For two, I've always found it more useful. I guess the new abilities change that, but I don't play competitively, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

I prefer the rain to the sun anyway, that probably has something to do with it as well. Groudon brings with it weather I can't stand. But in terms of design I think they're about equal. As version mascots go, I'd say they're better than Reshiram/Zekrom and Xerneas/Yveltal, but not as cool as Dialga/Palkia.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Sapphire was the first Pokémon game of the 3rd generation that I played and thus I am heavily biased towards Kyogre, but I do really like Groudon's appearance as well.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Initially, I wanted Kyogre back in RSE days. I never had the chance to play Sapphire so I got sick of Groudon, and wanted a Kyorgre. But now, I'm more for Groudon because of OR and its Primal form.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Groudon and Primal Groudon. I love the oozing lava monster look more then the see-through orca. Not to mention primal groudon gets rid of the moobs.

Years
    Kyogre is superior in EVERY way. I love its design too. Groudon is quite the cool legendary as well though, definitely not bad. Just not as amazing as Kyogre.

Back