• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'd love to see a neighborhood like that sometime. We barely make our front door light up, it must be amazing to see entire blocks

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    In the neighbourhood where my mom lives, people get hella festive. So many decorations in front gardens!

Years
    this will be my first christmas in my new neighborhood so i'm not sure yet how festive everyone is, but the street looked pretty lit for the fourth of July and Halloween, so it will probably be pretty festive for christmas also!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My family used to drive around and look at other people's decorations it was a lot of fun haha. I think sis and I did that last year actually. For traditions sake.

But right now I'm just mad Barnes and Noble Is Already Playing Christmas music. Not for another week or so please.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I wonder if my parents plan on bringing the good old DIY Christmas tree back out. That thing is always a beast to put up. Decorating that's probably as Christmas as it'll get here.

Years
    I haven't visited such relatives of mine much in the past long while anyway, so I can't really say I miss visiting them too much. As I recall, it tended to get really hectic around there anyway. :P Although it would be nice to go visit my own parents for a christmas one year. I did close to thanksgiving last year, don't think I could do christmas this year but maybe next year...hmm.

Also, on a random tangent, I actually did find that pumpkin spice tea earlier, eh heh. Walmart came through for me aw yeah.

Years
    I was usually just my family and grandparents that got together, which I liked. It wasn't too much or too overwhelming. I really miss that about the holidays as a kid.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Holidays are awesome but over here we are having monsuun season so we cannot go out often until we have a sunshine day. Thus most of the holiday time I will go for part time work to buy my wanted stuffs.

Years
    My family used to drive around and look at other people's decorations it was a lot of fun haha. I think sis and I did that last year actually. For traditions sake.
    Me and my dad used to ride around the same areas of town every year for the elegant displays when I was younger too! We actually did it last year lmao but it seems like not as many houses around said area decorated like they did 10-12 years ago ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That seems to be a common thing. :( There was a house down where I used to live that did this wonderful display for Christmas every year but the past few years they hadn't done it. Guess they had gotten too old or something. That or moved and new people live there. I'm not too sure.

Years
    We're in an apartment so there's only so much we can do. Some people get very creative with hanging things from their balconies and stuff though.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    O_O

Monsoons around Christmas seem like such a weird mental connection to make haha

Yeah we have Christmas celebration here but floods just ruined the whole fun time lol. From this month, every afternoon is downpour and how can you go out. It is quite boring but we live in tropical place so we need to get around with it. :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My family didn't put much Christmas decoration last year, so maybe it has to due with their age.

Also, I've been observing a middle school class for almost 30 hours as a requirement for my teacher's ed class, and tomorrow is my last day of observation.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    well goodluck for you :3. being a teacher is great though but you must have a great heart and dedication to teach them :D. thatd why i always respect them.

Years
    My family didn't put much Christmas decoration last year, so maybe it has to due with their age.

This is pretty much my family too. My mother is getting pretty old (she even has grey roots always coming back in her hair) and our laziness has made us not care about Christmas decorations a lot.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooo a DCC! And it's talking about christmas already aaaa haha

Years
    This happened a few months ago:

[28/06/2015 04:39:40] Janna: yeah its been a long year @_@
    [28/06/2015 04:39:52] Ben: christos is in 6 months janna.
    [28/06/2015 04:39:53] Ben: 6 months.
    [28/06/2015 04:39:55] Ben: jesus christ
    [28/06/2015 04:42:08] Janna: what
    [28/06/2015 04:42:10] Janna: christos?
    [28/06/2015 04:42:14] Janna: is in 6 months
    [28/06/2015 04:42:17] Janna: what did you just say
    [28/06/2015 04:42:17] Ben: i
    [28/06/2015 04:42:21] Ben: CHRISTMAS
    [28/06/2015 04:42:24] Janna: am i on drugs
    [28/06/2015 04:42:25] Janna: LOOOL

Christos is just 1 month away!

Can this be a thing? Like can we just code Christmas to change to Christos like we did for AF the other year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back