• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GT 2021 Pokémon Challenge: Baton Pass

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

• We have a save file with 3 Badges from Caelum - InsaneBlathers's save file of Pokémon Ruby! That nets them 50 points to be added to the leaderboard :)
    Good job!

The update came from WizardOfOdd through Discord - one more reason to be there as well~

Supercookie07

uhhhhhhh
    Years
  • Supercookie's first segment
    Save: Supercookie's HeartGold
    Segments: 12 → 11
    Stretch: Badge 1

Started off with a Cyndaquill named Sonicc and went about with my journey, getting the Cage Free White Grade-AA egg from Mr. Pokeymans and bringing it to Birch, and eventually catching a Hoothoot named Hooters. Later on I found ASPIDER!! and tried to kill a rat with it, that did not turn out well. Luckily I made it to Violet City without any scratches or bruises. I walked up the Sprout Tower while catching a Spoopy on my way up, kicked many a sages in the kneecaps, and sold my Flash TM to the blue market because TMs were banned. After that I was ready to beat up Falkner and, lost the first time. The second time I was ready to beat up Falkner, I barely survived with almost everyone dead and only Sonicc remaining at 1 HP. And now I drop off my save to WizardOfOdd, where he will discover that I have a bad habit of pumping all of my EXP into my starter and leaving the rest of the party left for dead.

Next segment: InsaneBlathers' Ruby (Stretch: Badge 4)

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • ☘️ Name: HeroLinik
    ☘️ Team: Aecor
    ☘️ Trainer Class (optional, just aesthetic): Ace Trainer
    ☘️ Games that you can play for this challenge: Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl
    ☘️ Game of choice (you can write this bit later if you need some time to work it out with your team): Ruby
    ☘️ Player name (in said game): LINIK

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ☘️ Name: Vendily
    ☘️ Team: Solum
    ☘️ Trainer Class (optional, just aesthetic): Pokémon Breeder
    ☘️ Games that you can play for this challenge: off the top of my head, I have RB, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Firered 1.0, Platinum, HeartGold, Black, X, and one of SM and USUM but I can't recall specifically which.
    ☘️ Game of choice: Emerald
    ☘️ Player name (in said game): Vendily

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Eleanor's second segment
    Savefile played: Sheep - Pokémon Emerald
    Segments left: 11 → 10

I received a pretty good save file here, with two strong Pokémon in ROLLIE the Marshtomp and LINDA the Taillow... plus a Pickup Ziggy and a Whismur that honestly I didn't really do anything with. I just don't like to use that Pokémon, sorry :(
    I, of course, was able to use all of those Pokémon no problem because Sheep is my partner for this challenge, and that of course made it very easy to complete all of the story of this segment, from beating the Aqua Grunt in the Rustturf tunnel to giving Steven Stone the letter in Granite Cave. I of course decided to do this without beating Brawly first, as it allowed me to do many many more things such as... catching some Pokémon of my own for this save file and training them up in various areas, including Route 110 (north of Slateport). This way I caught... Aron, Geodude, Shroomish and Oddish, and I trained all of them up (except Aron actually, oops...) until they reached about level 20. In the process Linda even got up to level 26, which allowed for a super comfy sweep against Brawly. Second badge obtained!

I could've done this sooner - after all, I had a Swellow, fully evolved and ready to go, for a while now. But I decided to make things easier for the teammate that will come after me, who is Aslan in this case! She'll continue Sheep's savefile and beat Watson... comfortably enough, I hope, thanks to the Pokémon I left her... who will very soon turn into Breloom and Graveler, or at least that's the idea. There's Marshtomp too, as well as a Gloom for the Aqua Team plot happening in Slateport.

Best of luck <3

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Discord update from Supercookie, bringing home 50 points for Caelum with this Heart Gold save! Congrats~

And another update from Caelum... InsaneBlathers' save has got to 6 badges, bringing the reward from 50 to 100 points! Nice!

First 50 points for Solum also! Discord update with Aslan beating Watson on Sheep's save file!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ☘️ Name: bobandbill
    ☘️ Team: Solum
    ☘️ Trainer Class (optional, just aesthetic): Black Belt
    ☘️ Games that you can play for this challenge: Gens 1-5
    ☘️ Game of choice (you can write this bit later if you need some time to work it out with your team): Fire Red
    ☘️ Player name (in said game): MAN

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    PokeGuy1238's First Segment
    Save: PokeGuy- Pokemon Ruby
    Segments: 12 -> 11
    Stretch: Badge 1

I started the game with Kip, the Mudkip, did the usual early game tutorial stuff and then after getting Pokeballs, I caught a Zigzagoon in Route 101 and a Poochyena in Route 102. Encountered a Zigzagoon again in Route 103 and dupes clause is not a rule so I KO'd it and moved on. After helping Wally catch his Pokemon, I went to Route 104 and encountered a Wurmple. Did not catch it because it wasn't too helpful. Encountered Wurmple in the forest but did not catch that Wurmple either. Then I defeated Roxanne with Mudkip alone and it evolved into a Marshtomp. Unfortunately, I had to deposit the Marshtomp in the PC permanently because it cannot be used again.

I pass the save file to Mewtwolover.

GT 2021 Pokémon Challenge: Baton Pass

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Segment 1: Asriel in Black (Cilan arc)

Rules:
    Spoiler:

• Started my savefile as a boy named Asriel.
    • Caught these three per rule #1: Doggo the male Lillipup, Toriel the female Patrat, and Jerry the male Purrloin.
    • Also got these as gifts: Asgore the male Oshawott and Grillby the male Pansear.
    • Toriel soloed N's Purrloin big time during Accumula story fluff.
    • Bianca battle: I forgot who dealt with her Lillipup, but Asgore got her Tepig good.
    • Cheren battle: Jerry took down his Snivy and Grillby took down his Purrloin.
    • Cilan battle: Jerry took his Lillipup down on his own only to be taken down by his Pansage. Asgore went down too, but Grillby got them covered.
    • Passed this savefile to Sheep and got Eleanor's one to work on its Burgh arc.

Badge Proof:
    Spoiler:

Post-Cilan squad:
    Spoiler:

Disclaimer: Doggo had a Potion at the time of the screenshot. Thanks, Pickup. 🙂

Last edited:

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    PokeGuy1238's Second Segment
    Save: Mewtwolover- Pokemon Ruby
    Segments: 11 -> 10
    Stretch: Badge 2

This segment was fairly easy. Defeated the remaining two trainers in Route 116 and went to Rusturf Tunnel. Caught a Whismur (even though I did not use it for this segment) and defeated the grunt and got the Devon goods. Made my way to Dewford after receiving the PokeNav. Knocked out the trainers in Route 106 and went inside the Granite Cave. Found Steven, while grinding Ralts a little along the way. Gave him the letter and received the TM for Steel Wing. Defeated the Gym trainers in Brawly's Gym with Ralts. The fight with Brawly was fairly easy. Took out his Machop with a few Confusions. When Makuhita came out, I switched into Grovyle and went for a few Fury Cutters, almost bringing Makuhita's health to red. Grovyle fainted and Ralts came out. It survived a Knock Off and defeated the Makuhita with one Confusion, making it a pretty easy fight.

The second badge:

The party after the second badge:

No one evolved in this segment.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Lycan's Baton Pass Adventures - Segment 1

[h1][/h1]
    Lycan - Pokémon Platinum - part 1/9

Personal rules:
    #1: You cannot use items in battle.
    #2: You may not use TMs on your Pokémon, only HMs.
    #3: You cannot backtrack to any area you've already visited, unless it's for story reasons.

A young new trainer started his adventure in the Pokémon world. I started with Turtwig, because he is obviously the superior Pokémon here. His name is Solum, named after the superior team, obviously. Together with Solum I beat up my rival Aecor, whose Chimchar only used Leer. What a dumbass! Professor Rowan decides that Solum and I are made for each other, which is nice. He even rewards me with TM Return, that I cannot use because modern technology is too complicated for me as per rule #2.

I felt like a baddass when I had to break rule #3 and had to go back to say goodbye to Mom. Dawn assured that was necessary. Really? I'm what? 10 years old? That's practically an adult! I don't need to say goodbye to Mom!
    After a short detour, Dawn let me enter Route 202 and showed me how to catch Pokémon as I clearly need that tutorial... Then, also on Route 202, I blacked out like a dumbass after Solum being hurt by two wild Shinx and me not realizing this route has two trainers on it (and going back is for losers! - see rule #3). Yes, I blacked out in a battle with a Bidoof... I did catch one of aforementioned Shinx though!

I destroyed rival Aecor again, went to the Oreburgh Mines to tell Roark to actually be at his job, then wrecked him there without any trouble. And thus we obtained... the Coal Badge!

Current Team

Solum (M), lv. 17
    Overgrow
    Razor Leaf, Absorb, Tackle, Curse

Flash (M), lv. 12
    Intimidate
    Tackle, Leer, Charge

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Eleanor's third grind fest

Save: Sheep - Pokémon Emerald
    Segments left: 10 → 9

After Aslan was able to deal with Watson no problem (and caught a total Cutie I cannot use), I got this save file back for the relatively long Flannery segment. Admittedly, given the high level Pokémon I received and the grinding everyone already did, it was easy enough too much haha to deal with all the story events, including Meteor Falls and Mount Chimney. And so, guess what I did? Spent even more time grinding like a maniac. In the areas near Fallarbor I evolved the Aron I caught in Granite Cave into Lairon, caught and trained up a Torkoal, evolved ROLLIE into a Swampert, and even leveled up Shroomish into Breloom... which I couldn't use, but still tried to keep in my team in order to give him experience (through Exp. Share alone of course - I can't use Fighting types!).

Obviously, after this, Flannery went down with like... 5 Water guns. She even managed to Body Slam Paralyze Swampert, but that didn't save her from total annihilation. It better be, after all the hours I spent on this!

I'm passing this save off to bobandbill (who admittedly got some very harsh rules) so that he can make the most of the Pokémon I've grinded up against Norman! That's what all of that effort was for, obviously. Best of luck to you as well <3

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Solum nets 50 more points with Sophie's Pokémon Emerald save reaching Gym 3! This came from Aslan herself over on Discord, of course! Although I suppose we're all curious to know how we got here... <3

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • SEGMENT 1
    Save: HeroLinik's Ruby
    Save file name: LINIK
    Segments remaining: 11
    Badges obtained: 1

Grinding and Letting Go: The Movie
    This started out pretty well only for me to realise that I had to have a HM move on every mon. At which point, I realised that I had to bench Mudkip and Ralts due to the HM requirement, quite to my annoyance. Some battles, as a result, ended up more difficult than expected, especially the fight with Team Magma in Petalburg Woods. I ended up grinding the hell out of a Seedot caught on Route 102 and evolved it into Nuzleaf, so I could teach it Cut before I could send off my save file. Roxanne was a pushover as usual, through Bullet Seed spam.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• More points for Solum! Shachar700's Heart Gold savefile just got to Gym 3 after a nice back and forth between him and Aslan <3

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Caelum claims 50 more points with WizardOfOdd's save file reaching 3 badges! Discord update as always~

50 points for Aecor as well, with PokeGuy's Ruby save reaching 3 badges and more on their way :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Segment's first curse
    Savefile played: Janp - Pokémon Ruby
    Segments left: 12 → 11

I've started my own savefile and picked Mudkip as my starter, since that's my favourite Hoenn starter. And it will be the most useful. Since I decided to cause as much of a mischief as I could during the GT, I hid a message in my Pokémon nicknames. I hope next person can crack the code.

I was able to dodge encounters until I got Poké Balls. Then I caught two Zigzagoon and a Wurmple. And Wurmple and one Zigzagoon died, while I was grinding them. This save is cursed.

I got through Petalburg City and Forest, got another Wurmple and Zigzagoon and let another Zigzagoon die. But I also evolved Mudkip and grinded Wurmple enough to evolve it twice. Oh and I caught Whismur that I put in front of my party for some reason before facing Roxanne. I quickly sent out Marshtomp and stomped Roxanne out of existence.

I got PokeGuy's save file next from Miau. I hope I won't kill many Pokémon in it, since there are only Graveler and Pelipper ready to fight. And I don't want to grind low level Pokémon all the way to level 30. Oh and there is shiny Electrike I can freely kill. Or make it exclusively mine Pokémon...

Years
    💧 Name: professor plum
    💧 Team: Caelum
    💧 Trainer Class: Cyclist :femme2:
    💧 Games that you can play for this challenge: RBY, GSC, RSE
    💧 Game of choice: Sapphire
    💧 Player name: Tyler

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Eleanor's fourth rollercoaster

Save: Saniachan's Pokémon Black - Asriel
    Segments left: 9 → 8

Still not sure who will get this save file, and apparently it's not even that important. All I know is that they're not going to be that happy about me, but they'll at least get a team of three powerful ladies - Darumaka, Leavanny and Palpitoad, completing a nice Fire-Water-Grass core. And that's it!

The problem is, I was given this save file by Sheep, who... only caught two Pokémon during her segment, a Roggenrola and a Timburr. Maybe I shouldn't have picked this save to play, since that Timburr is useless and that Roggy was lv. 11, but I tried it anyways. Yeah... even in hindsight, it wasn't that good of an idea. I had to grind up Roggy and my two new encounters, Blitzle and Pidove, up to satisfying levels before doing absolutely anything. It took a while... and guess what, I even had Pidove get knocked out, forcing me to replace it with a different Pidove. Nice.

Eventually, though, I made my way to the inside of Pinwheel Forest- I caught a Cottonee, a Sewaddle and a Venipede there and dealt with Team Plasma relatively easily, relying heavily on Pidove / Tranquill to get me through. Castelia was open for me!

I went straight to route 4 in search of Darumaka, a better Fire type, and even found... THIS!

But... well...

After losing my Blitzle to a trainer in the Battle HQ building, I came back in only to find myself against an even worse trainer, whose Munna was able to use Hypnosis and Moonlight to sustain all my Pokémon's hits as it mauled them down with Psybeam. Needless to say, I wiped there... and no, luck definitely wasn't on my side there, with Tranquill even missing attacks. I was counting on him for Burgh, obviously, and it was level 25 even! But of course, things had to go differently.

That's when I decided I had enough with this save file and picked up just those three Pokémon to continue. All the grinding I had to do paid off when I got myself a level 23 Leavanny, which is a happiness evolution, and I'm sure the Eviolite Palpitoad can come useful for the next gym also. Darumaka has Hustle, sure, but whatever you click on just gets demolished thanks to Hustle and an Attack boosting nature. With those Pokémon, I was able to beat Burgh relatively safely and end my segment... and that's 50 points for Solum ;)

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Segment 2: Eleanor in Black (Burgh arc)

Rules:
    Spoiler:

• Crash trained Brendan, Eleanor's Oshawott, all the way until he evolved into Dewott.
    • Trod through Pinwheel Forest and got to kick Plasma goons outta there.
    • Caught these three per rule #1: Onionsan the Panpour, Frisk the Venipede, and Whimsun the Cottonee. And yes, I'm going full-blown Undertale in my segments. :D
    • More Plasma pummeling at Castelia, right in front of the gym.
    • More grinding in both the Battle Company and the gym.
    • Burgh battle: everyone took part in this. Rush and Destroyer took Whirlipede down, Richard and Stripey managed to tire Leavanny out despite being way underleveled, Onionsan and Brendan got Dwebble covered.
    • Still not sure who's gonna continue this save file (at the time of writing this update). Eleanor reclaimed this save file and I moved on to Lycanthropy's Platinum one.

Badge Proof:
    Spoiler:

Post-Burgh squad:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back