• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really want some less likable gym leaders. In the anime they are always these noble, happy people. I want someone who is dark, twisted, or egotistical to the point that it annoys Ash.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I really want some less likable gym leaders. In the anime they are always these noble, happy people. I want someone who is dark, twisted, or egotistical to the point that it annoys Ash.

kinda like the Frontier Brain Brandon?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I Think Aloe, will be Fire type,
    She's a Chef which relates to Fire in a way >.<
    Also her questions are about Food D;
    Also
    Brandon wasnt Dark or Twisted he was just a good battler who kept beating Ash so it made him Annoyed... But I hope there is someone like that..

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Stupid DBE always strikes when I'm making posts.

Anyway, I was saying that if Aloe is a Fire-type trainer, I'd find it funny if her English name was Blanch.
    And that I could see that be her name regardless.

Years
  • Dento makes me think he'll specialize in Electric Pokemon since he has the 'den' at the beginning of his name (like Volkner's Japanese name) and electric is 'denki' in Japanese. It could just be a name though.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • 1. Dento: he's a sommelier right? wine = grapes = vines = grass? Is it possible his gym badge is some sort of wine key? The multi-type thing is even better since sommeliers know about different types of wines and how to match types of foods with wines.

2. Aloe: I like the fire type association with cooking. Grass is a runner as well due to her name even though IIRC in Japanese all of the gym leaders have had plant names...

Note that what a gym leader dresses like has more to do with their profession first than their type. Some don't look anything like their "type" apart from their palletes, objects, or effects.

Speculation:
    honeycomb: bug?
    yellow hiun city building: electric?
    roller coaster: dark?

We need a poison, flying, and a ground gym, mang.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I like that they're making gyms more diverse than just plain old buildings. And Gym leaders are always obvious to know their type in the ENGLISH name, not so much Japanese because of translation and stuff unless you are fluent in JApanese they might refer to the type. But I just don't like so far the puzzles released are both quiz type things. BORING! Where's the fun puzzle? I really hope the amusement park does serve as a gym! :D

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Dento makes me think he'll specialize in Electric Pokemon since he has the 'den' at the beginning of his name (like Volkner's Japanese name) and electric is 'denki' in Japanese. It could just be a name though.

Dentou actually means "electric light." -____-

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I dont think eather will be rock theres to many early rock gyms

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dento makes me think he'll specialize in Electric Pokemon since he has the 'den' at the beginning of his name (like Volkner's Japanese name) and electric is 'denki' in Japanese. It could just be a name though.

Dentou actually means "electric light." -____-

Electric type? Hmm, he does sort of give off that vibe. Though if he were dark, that'd be awesome and not predictable, too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Something nobody's considered:

Aloe (the plant) has a silent E. It's pronounced like Joe or Moe.
    Aloe (the gym leader)... look at the katakana. Her name is pronounced A-ro-e. The E is sounded out.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • Look at Dento...
    He looks calm. I'd put money on it that he's grass, bug, or psychic.
    Look at Aloe...
    I think she'll be electric, fire, or normal. Maybe even ice. Because i'd imagine her pokemon would be family pokemon helping with the housework or whatever. So I'd guess normal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @ above; normal type would be nice, but I just don't see it. I don't want her to be grass like people think; I want her to be less obvious.

As for ice, that might be a little unlikely, considering Jynx is ice-type, etc legal stuff.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • @ above; normal type would be nice, but I just don't see it. I don't want her to be grass like people think; I want her to be less obvious.

As for ice, that might be a little unlikely, considering Jynx is ice-type, etc legal stuff.

haha pokemon racist XP maybe we get to see a jinx evo.
    I bet that Aloe has tabunne and is a normal type trainer

Back