• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HA Johto Starters available via PokeBank - Feb 27-Nov 30

Which starter with its HA would you pick?

• Chikorita(Leaf Guard)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Cyndaquil(Flash Fire)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Totodile(Sheer Force)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Can't wait to get HA Typhlosion. Fire immunity is a-ok in my competitive team.

Years
    Question though, any info on how they're given out? I presume just like Celebi was in terms of just starting up the game and Bridgit gives it to you, but I was wondering, do you get all 3 or do you get one at a time each time you access pokebank? And since it's for all 4 games, do you get a set per game, or do you only get ONE and you have to choose which game to download it to (like Celebi was )

All I'm seeing is that you can only get one of each per PokeBank account. I guess for now we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Fortunately my PokeBank subscription will last until a couple of days after the giveaway begins, so I can get these 3, provided that we get them all at once (Nintendo y u no take Discover?).

Spoiler:

I'm'a freak out when mine expires. It's on my old MasterCard number and it was such a hassle to figure out how to pay for Bank without using those dumb cards.

That said, Zekky, at least you have well enough time in advance to stop by Gamestop and grab one :P Even if yours expires early March, that's still a month. Surely you'll venture that way in the next month... Y'know, for Majora's Mask 3DS or something.

Reactions: Nah

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Good thing I still have a Pokebank subscription 'til September haha. And I'm saving $5 on my account just to renew it later.

Anyway, this is great news! Now all we need is that Snow Warning Amaura and I'll be happy. :D

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    This is nice. Very nice. ^^
    So almost all 'mons' HA's are now legally available. ^^

Kinda sad that, again, just like the Unova HA starters, the Johto HA starters can only be legally available on a regular Pokéball. :/
    Aw well~

Also, I sure hope we get all three 'mons instead of just choosing/getting one~

...now I wonder if we can get 'em if our bank storage is full. o.o

Years
    I just posted about this on reddit, but...
    I'm really psyched for this. I'm having a tough time choosing between Feraligtor and Typhlosion. I plan on buying time for Pokemon Bank this month, too. What great timing!
    Maybe if i choose one, i can breed it and trade with someone else..?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Plus, it looks like we can also try and soft reset to either get male or female~ :3

They'll be in Pokeballs anyway so either gender isn't important haha. Either that or Cherish Balls.

Unless it turns out they'll be in another type of Pokeball? Now that, I'm willing to soft reset. :P

Years
    https://serebii.net/bank/events.shtml
    ^ So the info has been updated now. We CAN get all three! Yey! ^^
    Plus, it looks like we can also try and soft reset to either get male or female~ :3

That's great that they can be either gender, sorta like that Super Size Pumpkaboo and Fancy Pattern Vivillon events from last year. It's definitely a blessing, unlike the male-only HA Unova starters.

Movesets for the three starters when obtained:

Meganium
    - Solar Beam
    - Sunny Day
    - Synthesis
    - Body Slam

Typhlosion
    - Overheat
    - Flame Charge
    - Flame Wheel
    - Swift

Feraligatr
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Screech

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's good to know that they're distributing these; hopefully, this will help add some exposure to the Pokémon, as they have been sort of... unheard, so to speak, within last few years.

Currently, I can't connect any Nintendo devices to my router, which will prevent me from getting a hold of either of these Pokémon for a while. Unfortunately, since it's a hardware issue (from router's side), the problem is un-fixable by me. I'm going to get a new one eventually, though, and when I do, I'll be sure not to miss.

As for which one I'll be selecting, I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to that. Currently, I'm leaning more on Feraligatr, as I feel it'd be slightly more viable competitive-wise (Sheer Force is a decent ability, and the Pokémon has access to some good moves to take advantage of it). If I were to get a second choice, it would have to be Meganium.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years

It seems to me as though Feraligatr is the most likely to get moved up the competitive ranks. It looks absolutely lethal now and I'm very happy about it. It gets Sheer Force which negates the added affect of moves and adds 30% base damage. This means Waterfall, Ice Punch, Rock Slide, Iron Tail, Crunch (as well as less-likey-to-be-used moves like Body Slam, Power-Up Punch & Ice Fang) all get a boost. Plus with access to Dragon Dance & Swords Dance, Feraligatr can be set up to do some big damage and sweeping with its new ability. And let's not forget is has access to Earthquake, as well as moves like Outrage and Superpower too which may be a lot more useful in the OU or UU metagame.

Typhlosion gets Flash Fire, which increases Fire damage by 50% and means it takes no damage from Fire Type moves. This means the classic Choice Scarf/Eruption set is going to be ridiculously powerful with that 50% boost on a STAB base 150 move with its base 109 Sp.Atk (I'd love to see the maths), especially if you switch Typhlosion in on an opposing Fire type move. And of course Fire Blast or even Flamethrower or Lava Plume will be doing massive damage. I don't know whether this means it will move up in tiers at all, but it will be interesting to see. Personally I still feel it needs a new special move to help it out, like Earth Power or something, because currently Focus Blast, Hidden Power & Extrasensory are the only real options, and are all slightly unreliable whether it be because of accuracy or lack of power, or just the fact that by now it's completely predictable. And although it gets some nice physical moves, that 84 Attack just doesn't really cut it when you're using it as a mixed sweeper.

Meganium gets the short straw in my opinion, getting Leaf Guard. This means it can't acquire a status condition in any type of harsh sunlight. I can see why they did it, and I suppose it is helpful with Meganium's slightly more defensively orientated stats (100 in both defenses). I suppose it can now do a nice job of setting up Leech Seed, Poisoning & hitting powerful 1-turn Solar Beams without worrying about poison, burns or paralysis, but relying on that weather is risky, plus it's going to need a turn to set up Sunny Day and that's going to waste a moveslot, unless of course it's used nicely in conjunction with Mega Charizard Y or Ninetales. It might have potential, but again, we'll have to wait and see.

Any guaranteed IVs do we think?

Years
    I could imagine Typhlosion being interesting to use in Doubles and Triples with Flash Fire, although I don't remember if Will-o-Wisp will activate that ability or if it gets cancelled anyway due to the Fire-type. And we've all anticipated Sheer Force Feraligatr for some time now, so it may very well have a good chance to do something possibly even in OU.

Years
    I could imagine Typhlosion being interesting to use in Doubles and Triples with Flash Fire, although I don't remember if Will-o-Wisp will activate that ability or if it gets cancelled anyway due to the Fire-type.

Will-O-Wisp actually does trigger Flash Fire. It works with any Fire move directly targeted at it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So the HA Johto starters became available today. Did anyone get 'em? I got them a few hours ago. Will breed that shit sometime.

Years
    I already got mine, they went to the PC all at the same time. And I'll try to breed them, soon enough, as the Typhlosion and Feraligatr will be fun.

Back