• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well lets see, there is a...

Peacock
    Tiger
    Elephant
    Rhino
    Crow
    Flamingo

I can come up with more

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    You will, but it will take its time.

Last week I hadn't worked on it and in two weeks my exams start, so you can expect how it will go, although I'll keep planning things.

Right now I'm completing the pokemon list, next thing is make next town's tileset so I can move on to next route.
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

That's the last pokemon I made, zappel. Now is where you go WTF A CAMEL WITH A HEART!? and the answer is... actually that's just the shiny pallete. The normal pallete has plain yellow fur.

Same sprite, bit different pallete.

And now is where you go WTF THE SHINY HAS A HEART ON IT WHY THAT?
    -because I want to implement a shiny pokemon event. That's why. In the desert you'll find someone who's chasing a zappel with a heart on its fur, and finally, guess who'll catch it. ^_^
    This will let me make a wide desert and make it a bit labyrinth-ish.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Those pokemon look cool. Especially the fact that the pokemon (as a shiny) has a heart on it. It certainly makes a change as its just a colour change. Good hack plus the evnt souds cool. Good luck.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    um Baro? the yellow and blue colours are the same on the normal and shiny forms
    no matter how hard i look at it there's no palete change

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Yeah same here.
    Has it changed?
    If it has'nt then I'd think it'd be cool if it had both a heart on it and a colour change.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I guess.
    If it had different colour as well, it proberly would'nt seem as original.
    Then it would roberly seem like a normal shiny pokemon.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    A camel with a face that looks more like an hippo... Interesting... :P
    And, in my opinion, it looks a bit too small for a camel... Meh, whatever...

I guess the important thing behind zappel (guess the name gives me an idea on the type XD), is the whole shiny hearted event behind it. About that, it's a very original idea (to me, the palettes are quite the same, as everyone else have said), and I want to see the desert (maybe there could be some sandholes which could act as warps between the different areas in the desert? That, to add some confusion, obviously...)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    A camel with a face that looks more like an hippo... Interesting... :P
    And, in my opinion, it looks a bit too small for a camel... Meh, whatever...

I guess the important thing behind zappel (guess the name gives me an idea on the type XD), is the whole shiny hearted event behind it. About that, it's a very original idea (to me, the palettes are quite the same, as everyone else have said), and I want to see the desert (maybe there could be some sandholes which could act as warps between the different areas in the desert? That, to add some confusion, obviously...)

That's Brilliant Zel xD
    It would be even better if you could only detect them using a Pokemon's Special Ability.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    To make it clear, the shiny sprite and the normal sprite MUST be the same. The palette change is on the red. In the normal sprite, there are two color index with yellow and other two with light yellow index. In the shiny sprite, the palette has only one yellow and light yellow, and has red and light red

Above, normal pallete. Below, shiny pallete. The player experiences a "different picture". Actually the different pic is made through this trick. The rest of the colors are the same, sure, but that's not unintended.

Also, yeah, it's electric type. It will evolve, and it's evolution will have two humps... and the shiny, two hearts.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    LOOK A CAMEL WITH A HEART!
    Anyways, I think the sprite actually looks good, and the event sounds better. Can't wait for the pics of the event or maybe a video. The evo will have two hearts and humps? That sounds ineresting, can't wait to see it xD

~C3LEBI

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Hey, uh Teh Baro?
    i sent you a pm, but you never responded.
    did you check it?
    if so, send me a pm, K.
    ~SPF13

Maybe hes responding now, or is busy.

Yeah, that evolution with 2 hearts is cool because it shows the creativity you've put into this. Shiny fakemon have hearts? Thats a great idea, you have great ideas Baro!

Are you still using the train track script (where you look both ways and run accross)?

I thought that was awesome.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Maybe hes responding now, or is busy.

Yeah, that evolution with 2 hearts is cool because it shows the creativity you've put into this. Shiny fakemon have hearts? Thats a great idea, you have great ideas Baro!

Are you still using the train track script (where you look both ways and run accross)?

I thought that was awesome.
    Sure, although now the running animation was replaced with walking animation (but same speed) due to problems while riding the skate.

Also, here's dromstorm, zappel's evo, because it's nice to post new stuff (even if it's not relevant) and because I liked the result. This is a shiny dromstorm.

Now, I'll make next route and town's tileset, so I can actually draw the map.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    That pokemon looks cool.
    I thought the 2 hearts was a good idea and I like the results.
    Good luck Baro.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    HAHA! I LOVE this game! and I didn't even leave my room yet! o.O

EDIT: just left my house. I barly did ANYTHING and I already LOVE this game! Best hack I ever played! :p

EDIT LATER: OMG, the proffesor has a PERSONALITY! THUMBS UP!

/yet another edit: Okay between my starter, my rivl's starter and the wild Armorito I'm battling, I haven't seen one male Pokemon o.O

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    EDIT LATER: OMG, the proffesor has a PERSONALITY! THUMBS UP!
    How couldn't the professor have a personality, it's ME!

Also, here's the tileset - in progress - of the next route and city. Still have to make a tower for dungeon, more bazar stuff, etc (and quicksands, but that'll have animation so in the tileset it'll be just marked with an X)

Ooops, forgot the pic, my bad, wait a minute.

Now.

Credit to whatever this is from for inspiration for the houses. Looks like an AoE-like game.

Because, y'know, I like to report progress in each post.

Last edited:
    Back