• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
Years
  • Was that from the first season? (when son gokuh was a kid)

Yes. It was leadered by General Blue, and one of the assasins they hired was Tao Pai Pai.
    These guys built the androids that would later appear in DBZ.

To stay on topic, I want to say that this hack is one of the bests that I have seen.
    But you already know that.

When I played Quartz, I was disappointed, because the Ruby maps and story had barely changed. I also noted that some sprites were sloppily made and all the spelling and grammar mistakes.

When I saw Marble, I got very excited, but I feared that it would have the same flaws that its predecessor. I was wrong.

In fact, this hack could be the most fun and ground-breaking hack that I have played.
    It stands with other great hacks like Naranja, Shinygold and Prism.

By the way, I know that you can handle alone, but if you need some Pokémon ideas, contact me, I have quite a few.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Was that from the first season? (when son gokuh was a kid) because I barely remember that one. I'm more of when gokuh's an adult.

Well, I have already inserted the shiny hack (and thanks to me, Mastermind X knew there was an error and fixed it :D. Not like I detected the error (i don't know assembly) but well...) and the shiny battle works fiiine.

Just to tell more about the event, when you get to the place (a bit hard to find, the desert has a lot of quicksands and one only quicksand tile leads you to the oasis where the zappel is, the others lead you to the beggining of the desert, and they're not that easy to spot), you find shirley, who just arrived, and asks you if you want to battle, the winner faces the zappel. If you say yes, you battle her and when you win you can fight the zappel. If you say no, she catches the pokemon and you won't see it again.

On other topics, I've finally implemented explosion rocks. Actually it's just rock smash's script without the wild pokemon thing and with the convenient changes. Also, while doing this I realized that I have no way of accessing the rock smash wild pokemon sets, so next time I'm in shower/bed, I've gotta think about it...

Next task is trainers in the desert, whiteclay town, the entrance to the Mirage tower (next dungeon, I used part of the animations for a mirage door, first time you get to it it's a wall, but in the town you'll get something like "eye of truth" or something along those lines, and when you have it the tile will change to a flashing door so you can enter. it'll be the equivalent to the lavender tower because it'll have all the ghost stuff and such. I don't know where to put the scope silph equivalent yet, so unless I decide to put it in whiteclay town, I'll only do the first floor of the mirage tower. But dunno yet. When that and all whiteclay town is done, only one more route and B-B-B-B-B-BETA!! (after editing a lot of stuff like the pokemon sprites left, pokemon data left, pokemon data that I want to improve, pokedex info and -maybe- pokedex data like size and stuff, depending on the mood I am on)

Looks like a good news post so I'll put it in the title and click in the smiling green face icon
    *does*

Are you still planning on putting in the Spiderman Watanabe idea?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Are you still planning on putting in the Spiderman Watanabe idea?
    yes. rainbowpolis will be big and I have to fill the streets with a lot of things.
    There will also be burglars, but don't worry, they won't steal your stuff.

GodSaurus said:
    By the way, I know that you can handle alone, but if you need some Pokémon ideas, contact me, I have quite a few
    Well, I don't "need" them, but I'm always open for suggestions

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    yes. rainbowpolis will be big and I have to fill the streets with a lot of things.
    There will also be burglars, but don't worry, they won't steal your stuff.

Good, because that is going to be so funny

---

Maybe you could have an event where a Burglar steals something of value from you ( Key Item ) and you have to search around to try and find him. ( Different place every time you start the game? )

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Teh baro I like the censored *clean* readme you attached to the ips it lets me know you havent changed ;).

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
    Years
  • this is simply one of the best hacks ever. It may even surprass quartz in greatness keep up the great work!

Years
  • Was that from the first season? (when son gokuh was a kid) because I barely remember that one. I'm more of when gokuh's an adult.

Well, I have already inserted the shiny hack (and thanks to me, Mastermind X knew there was an error and fixed it :D. Not like I detected the error (i don't know assembly) but well...) and the shiny battle works fiiine.

Just to tell more about the event, when you get to the place (a bit hard to find, the desert has a lot of quicksands and one only quicksand tile leads you to the oasis where the zappel is, the others lead you to the beggining of the desert, and they're not that easy to spot), you find shirley, who just arrived, and asks you if you want to battle, the winner faces the zappel. If you say yes, you battle her and when you win you can fight the zappel. If you say no, she catches the pokemon and you won't see it again.

On other topics, I've finally implemented explosion rocks. Actually it's just rock smash's script without the wild pokemon thing and with the convenient changes. Also, while doing this I realized that I have no way of accessing the rock smash wild pokemon sets, so next time I'm in shower/bed, I've gotta think about it...

Next task is trainers in the desert, whiteclay town, the entrance to the Mirage tower (next dungeon, I used part of the animations for a mirage door, first time you get to it it's a wall, but in the town you'll get something like "eye of truth" or something along those lines, and when you have it the tile will change to a flashing door so you can enter. it'll be the equivalent to the lavender tower because it'll have all the ghost stuff and such. I don't know where to put the scope silph equivalent yet, so unless I decide to put it in whiteclay town, I'll only do the first floor of the mirage tower. But dunno yet. When that and all whiteclay town is done, only one more route and B-B-B-B-B-BETA!! (after editing a lot of stuff like the pokemon sprites left, pokemon data left, pokemon data that I want to improve, pokedex info and -maybe- pokedex data like size and stuff, depending on the mood I am on)

Looks like a good news post so I'll put it in the title and click in the smiling green face icon
    *does*

Wow those events look quite awesome Baro especially the Zappel event,and shirley's event.Also what Pokemon does Zappel replace anyways?
    Oh I wanted to tell you that Pokemon Quartz was the first pokemon hack I've ever played and it was fun,I like the Molemen trainer class.Arquidea is my favorite fakemon,will it be in this hack Baro?

Well that's all,see you tommorow.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Wow those events look quite awesome Baro especially the Zappel event,and shirley's event.Also what Pokemon does Zappel replace anyways?
    Oh I wanted to tell you that Pokemon Quartz was the first pokemon hack I've ever played and it was fun,I like the Molemen trainer class.Arquidea is my favorite fakemon,will it be in this hack Baro?

Well that's all,see you tommorow.
    Zappel replaces rhyhorn.

I don't think I'll put arquidea in the hack, but I still haven't planned much for the national pokedex (it sure won't be on the Garna pokedex), I'm still thinking of stuff for legendaries and what will I do with the unowns (I'm thinking of some pokemon with small variations, like spinda).

By the way, only 5 pokemon left in the garna pokedex, and now I'm gonna do some more.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Just passing by updating since my last post, they're 4 only 3 left pokemon now

But one of the two I made since then was fast because it's a sponge, and they're the simplest animals in the world. wikipedia says so.
    So cute I want to post it
    [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Ponge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    so you only have to make the pokemon and the route and your done?
    if so, don't rush yourself, we can wait a little longer. GL!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Just passing by updating since my last post, they're 4 only 3 left pokemon now

But one of the two I made since then was fast because it's a sponge, and they're the simplest animals in the world. wikipedia says so.
    So cute I want to post it

Ponge

Awww, Ponge is so cute! I'm definetly catching one in the beta lol!

I can't wait, I love all your fakemon! They are creative, just like Zappel!
    Best of luck!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    =)

haha, i love the little message at the end of the beta =) looks really good too

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Pong looks cute,and I'm guessing it's part water type then?Also 3/150 Pokemon left,Wow!

EDIT:I meant to say Ponge,sorry.
    If you just wrote ponge where you said pong, I wouldn't ever notice :p

Ponge is water/water, no secondary type.

itman1234 said:
    Awww, Ponge is so cute! I'm definetly catching one in the beta lol!
    You can't even get access to the sea yet, so there's no ponge for you yet :(

shinypkmnfan13 said:
    so you only have to make the pokemon and the route and your done?
    if so, don't rush yourself, we can wait a little longer. GL!
    A city, a route, part of a dungeon (or the entire dungeon), do some stuff with last tileset (fix some things, and add a big fat Las Vegas-like signpost for the next city.
    Then 2 of the 3 pokemon left (I don't know what to do with that legendary yet), and data of all those pokémon.

By the way, this week I've wrote all the pokedex info (text, not size comparison and weight/height) and set attacks to every pokemon before exxeggute. I've corrected some of the attack lists that were already in beta 1. Most pokemon will learn their last attack around level 50, in most cases 47 to be more accurate. I did this because attacks are too spaced and for example I have a bultoad (blastoise) level forty-somewhat with bite, water gun and some more lame ass attacks. And for example, he no longer learns bite, HE'S A FRIGGIN TOAD, TOAD HAVE NO TEETH! Also though stuff about their evolutions when editing attacks: pokemon that can evolve with stones may learn powerful attacks at a young age, but then they don't learn many attacks; also, pokemon that have evolved by level learn most attacks AFTER evolution level, although they have some more in case a trainer has them.

So, regarding pokemon data, I still have to do last 50 pokemon attack list (maybe I don't do legendaries until I know in which level they will be catched), fix some evolutions, size comparison and measures data in pokedex, check some values like items hold and more stuff I'm forgetting, like (maybe not in this beta) placement of pokemon in battle (some are too low or high, apart of being covered by your pokemon's status, it causes problems with some attacks, you'll know if you catch a ninjice in this beta and keep using quick learn [=sketch])

I won't do icons in this beta. And a few are buggy, although that won't even represent a problem for the player because they're not pokemon you can catch yet.

Offtopicly, it's official: I failed calculus. But I got a 7.57 in discrete maths and a 7 in programming, out of 10 :3

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • If you just wrote ponge where you said pong, I wouldn't ever notice :p

Ponge is water/water, no secondary type.

You can't even get access to the sea yet, so there's no ponge for you yet :(

A city, a route, part of a dungeon (or the entire dungeon), do some stuff with last tileset (fix some things, and add a big fat Las Vegas-like signpost for the next city.
    Then 2 of the 3 pokemon left (I don't know what to do with that legendary yet), and data of all those pokémon.

By the way, this week I've wrote all the pokedex info (text, not size comparison and weight/height) and set attacks to every pokemon before exxeggute. I've corrected some of the attack lists that were already in beta 1. Most pokemon will learn their last attack around level 50, in most cases 47 to be more accurate. I did this because attacks are too spaced and for example I have a bultoad (blastoise) level forty-somewhat with bite, water gun and some more lame ass attacks. And for example, he no longer learns bite, HE'S A FRIGGIN TOAD, TOAD HAVE NO TEETH! Also though stuff about their evolutions when editing attacks: pokemon that can evolve with stones may learn powerful attacks at a young age, but then they don't learn many attacks; also, pokemon that have evolved by level learn most attacks AFTER evolution level, although they have some more in case a trainer has them.

So, regarding pokemon data, I still have to do last 50 pokemon attack list (maybe I don't do legendaries until I know in which level they will be catched), fix some evolutions, size comparison and measures data in pokedex, check some values like items hold and more stuff I'm forgetting, like (maybe not in this beta) placement of pokemon in battle (some are too low or high, apart of being covered by your pokemon's status, it causes problems with some attacks, you'll know if you catch a ninjice in this beta and keep using quick learn [=sketch])

I won't do icons in this beta. And a few are buggy, although that won't even represent a problem for the player because they're not pokemon you can catch yet.

Offtopicly, it's official: I failed calculus. But I got a 7.57 in discrete maths and a 7 in programming, out of 10 :3

That's great Baro! (well, not the calculus thing, but the game, sorry by the way). I can't wait any longer! I can't wait to play it!

Will ninjice learn sketch every level, or like smeargle, like every 10 levels?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • That's great Baro! (well, not the calculus thing, but the game, sorry by the way). I can't wait any longer! I can't wait to play it!

Will ninjice learn sketch every level, or like smeargle, like every 10 levels?
    Every level, from 1 to 100, unless it already knows it (because you can't learn an attack twice).
    Also it'll have 3 PP because experience says it used to fail (ninjice is very fast. Also, this makes a less random result than sketch, since once it attacked you, it's now your turn, so you can decide if you want to copy that attack or not).

Edit: I've been working on that bif fat sign I mentioned before. It's done

If there's anybody from Nevada, he'll be proud of seeing this (or maybe not)

Edit2: reuploaded pic, forgot the fabulous. But I wrote it so fast you haven't noticed

Last edited:
    Back