• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Oopsie, I forgot the reward for Omega!
Making it right away!

I vote for Rebirth because everyone did.
And because I like the maps.

Last edited:
Years
Well i haven't voted in a long time so im going to vote for pokemon moonshine because i think it's been progressed for a while now, and the other reason is i like the mix between Fr + emerald tiles.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
The winner is Rebirth with 4 votes.
Whitefog had 2 votes.
Moonshine 2 as well and Legend of Stokle had one.

Editing of the first post is done.

Last edited:
Years
I vote for Moonshine. The maps in the screenshots, while few, are beautiful and show a lot of effort.

Also Moonshine got 2 votes not 1 last time. Lucario 9 and Mac_Mini

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
My Vote Pokémon: Eclipse - Rise of the Moon
Why the Heck? This hack show great determination. It has been around a little under two weeks, and there is almost a beta ready. The tiles and palettes aren't bad either.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I vote for Pokemon Brown V.2.0
Cauz its amazing
and it should deserve a HOTY on their 5 years anniversary.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
I vote for: Pokemon Whitefog
Why: I think it has great detail, changing the map and character. Plus it looks promising with events, with the picture of (character) and lorelei on the docks, and "a Wild Pidgey Appeared" in the overworld. The story also sounds great and it looks like it will turn out great.

My Vote Pokémon: Eclipse - Rise of the Moon
Why the Heck? This hack show great determination. It has been around a little under two weeks, and there is almost a beta ready. The tiles and palettes aren't bad either.

I do agree with your reasons, although i vote for Whitefog. They both look like promising games, but whitefog calls for my attention more.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I would like to place a vote for Pokémon Moonshine as I feel it stands out far from the other hacks, and Ninja Caterpie's been working on it forever. I think that that's what separates decent hackers from good hackers; those who can stay with a hack, and those who can't.

I vote for Pokemon Brown V.2.0
Cauz its amazing
and it should deserve a HOTY on their 5 years anniversary.

Uhh, do you mean HotW, not HotY?

Also, while this is a good idea, I think we should also run the regular HotW, and just hand out an extra award to Brown.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
My vote goes to Pokémon Moonshine.
It's hard to say what exactly is good about this hack as it's fairly well-rounded. Ninja Caterpie has put a lot of effort into his hack and, although the beta was fairly buggy, it's a great hack with good use of the original FR tiles, fairly good mapping, and a dedicated author (he's been working on it for about 7 months now).

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I vote for Whitefog. It has Great tiles and maps. Plus I find the story very original. Others are usually extra crispy.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I vote for Pokemon Moonshine.
It has been a great hack to watch and to play

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
46-rebirth.png

Sorry guys I'm a little late :P