• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
  • been a while since i voted right?

erhem on topic.

I vote for Elite quest judging by the pictures
    it looks like a fun hack to play

(not saying celestium is boring but you alignment have been mean to me on msn :[) (and even if he wasn't i'd still vode for elite quest :p)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I vote for Pokemon Elite Quest. :x

The maps look really nice in it. I also like the Domo sprite. XD
    It looks like a promising hack, so I vote for Pokemon Elite Quest.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • I also vote Pokemon Elite Quest, very nice storyline, good list of features (FAKEMON!!), looks well scripted by the screens.. an overall interesting and original hack :)

~Kian~

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    I'll vote for Pokémon Iridium, I personally think it deserves to win. :)

That isn't an eligible reason for voting...

Anyway, I vote for... The Legendary Ashes. It has great potential, the graphics look great, and what has been achieved so far is... Brilliant to look at. Even though the scripting so far isn't something that stands out, it looks like it will eventually be one of those rare gem of a hack that people will love universally.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm voting for Legendary Ashes. Its got nice graphics and it really made me...intrigued.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • The winners are Legendary Ashes and Elite Quest.
    Need 30 posts to vote.

The next hack of the week will be postponed until tomorrow and will run until next Saturday.
    The new, albeit small, week is up.

Last edited:

Equin

Got it memorized?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    This is my 31st post, so I guess I qualify to vote now.

This week's vote goes to...

Pokémon Iridium.

Q: Why does it surpass the other candidates?
    A: To me, Iridium gives out a more natural feel of a canon Pokemon game, along with the fact that I'm a huge fan of RSEFRLG tile blends. The maps are really good compared to the other 2 hacks-Iron/Stone made that out pretty well, too. There's nothing really appealing about other aspects though, I hope I knew more about it.

Q: But Iron/Stone looks so much better graphically!
    A: Yes, but I said I like default tiles and tile combinations more. Especially when I see a hack that has enchanted tiles on a new level but didn't develop something for the rest of its graphics (overworlds, battle screen, etc). Same goes with the fake pokemon it has, I'm not really fond of them. If I'd be going for a completely new style, I'd give it my all. Not that Iron/Stone is a bad hack, though, it's much above average.

Q: Which hack would you nominate for next week?
    A: Iron and Stone. Unless another, miraculously better hack pops out within the next week, of course.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • My vote goes to Iron and Stone, because of the very nice tiles/graphics in the hack, and the storyline sounds interesting.

Equin

Got it memorized?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Redirecting myself. I still believe that Iridium looks better than the rest of the candidates, even the new ones, reason already said before:

Q: Why does it surpass the other candidates?
    A: To me, Iridium gives out a more natural feel of a canon Pokemon game, along with the fact that I'm a huge fan of RSEFRLG tile blends. The maps are really good compared to the other 2 hacks-Iron/Stone made that out pretty well, too. There's nothing really appealing about other aspects though, I hope I knew more about it.

Q: Which hack would you nominate for next week?
    A: Probably Neon, seeing as the maker is trying better than others who put their trust solely on tile insertion (and an overused one at that). I am also intrigued by the starter selection system this hack uses.

Back