• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, okay, so will megiddo not count all the people (including me) who voted for their own hack?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    great aditude for being the first one to man up I viewed your thread and i liked your fakemon hack so I vote for pokemon green tree My favorite is the magnet one :D

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I vote for Pokemon Gentian. It doesn't have new tiles like other hacks but the story and features aren't too ambitious which makes it more likely to be completed. The story is also very interesting and leaves us with a cliff hanger.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    I vote for Pokemon DarkCopper. I love the progress it has made and the sprites look cool, and the hover-scooter is pretty sweet.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    hah we dont know for sure its a tie I thought my hack was gona win by a mile but some of my votes were not counted and I ended up tieing :P so it could go ether way you never know whos gona win/tie until megiaora(somehting like that) counts the votes anouthes the winners

Years
    • Seen today
    hah we dont know for sure its a tie I thought my hack was gona win by a mile but some of my votes were not counted and I ended up tieing :P so it could go ether way you never know whos gona win/tie until megiaora(somehting like that) counts the votes anouthes the winners

*sobs* BTW, Megiddo's probably not going to count your vote because of a lack of reason.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    Come on people, vote already!
    (for me)
    Why should we? Realistically, your sprites are...bad. The story is extremely cliche, and your hack just has nothing new to offer, giving me no reason as to why I should play it.

I vote for, Eon Legends. Why? Because the story is actually something new, and seems like QM is actually trying to impress the PC, rather then just make another ROM Hack. The new tiles seem to have been inserted well, and the gender-path kinda thing is quite interesting.

Years
    • Seen today
    No, I was just urging people to start voting, not necessarily for me, that was sort of a joke.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I'm casting my vote for Frostbite. That hack has a unique and interesting storyline that greatly intrigues me. I'm very interested to see Korronensu's take on the Pokemon World in a thousand years. The snow tiles are looking great, and with hard work it will be one of the great ones, something to revolutionize storylines in ROM Hacking.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    I've given it some thought and have made the decision that authors may not vote for their own hacks anymore. This week is a seven way tie (O.o) between Elemental Curse, The War on Novel, Green Tree, Gentian, DarkCopper, Eon Legends, and Frostbite. Each hack had 1 vote, due to votes by authors for their own hacks being excluded.

Editing.

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    All right, two separate votings will be conducted today. You may vote for this week's winner as well as for a winner of last week.(Hack of the seven way tie, to clarify. Rhyme =P) Should there be another tie or four or more, more days will be used until it narrows down to three winners. All future instances of large ties will be held this way.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Since last weeks winner was safari...
    I'll Vote for safari...
    I Mean...a snap remake sounds like a really sweet idea...
    The Creator Seems to know what he's doing with the new menus and scripts...
    So...I Find it trustworthy hack to vote for...

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Since last weeks winner was safari...
    I'll Vote for safari...
    I Mean...a snap remake sounds like a really sweet idea...
    The Creator Seems to know what he's doing with the new menus and scripts...
    So...I Find it trustworthy hack to vote for...

i agree pokemon safari all the way

You can't vote for a hack that already won. It already won. *headdesk*

I'll have to vote for Eon Legends to break the tie. The tiles look quite nice and the gender differences intrigue me. It looks to be shaping into quite a well put together hack.

Back