• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

yozdutzu

the master of all legends
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    the problem is the ruby rom not the ips or the emulator you need to try the ips on diferent roms thats my advice

MexicoolBoy

I'm MEXICO!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    WOW Wesley! Awesome grapichal!
    I support your hack also in pokèforos :D
    I think that this is the best hack (about the grapichal style ;))
    good luck!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I changed the save type and I still have the white screen.
    Did you restart?

the problem is the ruby rom not the ips or the emulator you need to try the ips on diferent roms thats my advice
    Err... not really. I always get a White Screen but when I restart and changed the Save Type,
    the White Screen went poof.

Oh. It looked Spanish to me. Guess I patched it with the wrong IPS. I'll try the other one.

EDIT: Tried other IPS and it works in English.

Glad to hear that you're playing the English Version!
    Please report bugs/grammar mistakes if you happen to find any.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    Ruka trust me this isn't the problem. I changed my save type to Flash 128k on VBA. The white screen still comes up when I try to load it. Anyone know the real reason? It would be a great help:D
    Oh And yes. I have restarted it many many times.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    Wow cool hack. One question, are you planning on inserting D/P/PT music? I have the trainer,wild, and gym leader song. If you want, i can insert them for you. I was planning on my own Platinum remake with a Firered Base, but since this is being developed, i might as well scrap mines and help out ;-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    I figured it out. Pokemon Ruby V.1.0 is the only one that works! 1.2 and 1.1 dont for some reason. Yes you also have to be on 128k save mode, but if your still having trouble google search for a Pokemon Ruby Rom v. 1.0

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I figured it out. Pokemon Ruby V.1.0 is the only one that works! 1.2 and 1.1 dont for some reason. Yes you also have to be on 128k save mode, but if your still having trouble google search for a Pokemon Ruby Rom v. 1.0

I tried that...and it worked perfectly, thanks! I have no idea why I didn't think of that before.

Anyway, I played through the hack and was pleasantly surprised. The difficulty and the scripts were great, I didn't think that they could live up to the quality of the graphics, but they did. Good work Wesley, keep it up!

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • UPDATES

It forgives for not answering to all therefore I am with much haste and I have that to work in hack, the new beta it will be available in the maximum two weeks and will be well bigger of what the previous beta, waits, it will have many surprises, and the great mysterio of ARCEUS will start to be unmasked. Debtor also the Ruka Prince and Ash again for having traducido the beta for the English, and for being responsible to traducir the new beta, and also I want to say that the graphical aspect was improved removing some tiles HGSS and placing some tiles with new style.

In Screens: New Heroine, Seanport City, Dardusk City, Lucas(3°GYM) an Steven (Hoen Champion)

imgspkmlp.png

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    The new updates sound really cool. I can't wait for the next release. I'm very excited.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Awesome updates Wes!
    And I'm ready to translate anything :D

By the way... guys I might have idea how to fix the white screen problem.
    It's not tested but it might work.
    1. Set the save type to Flash 64k
    2. After that re-set it back to 128k
    3. Reset the ROM in File option.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Very nice updates. I like how you changed the spriting style and the graphics, and they're decently done. The only thing that bothers me is the hero sprite; it's too dull and common for my tastes. If you maybe changed the color of his clothes and/or added a design here or there, it'd be great. Good job, nonetheless.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Ah, Your Overworlds and tiles are looking exceptional.
    Including that mapping style your using, I Made no mistake vote for this in HotY.

Back