• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hai gai ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
what happened? well, i fixed them! keke

ok minor update. been really busy last week so this is all i will post at the moment so that i can keep things active.

Samson

Years
bumpety bump!

more fighting lines... poor jawnks =(

see that's why jawnks needs a truly awesome movepool and ability to get through his weak dual typing... what shall it be?

give me some suggestions folks!

Samson

Years
lump de bump =o

chirpich line completely redid!

i'm not too happy with how plumoon came out to be honest. it is definitely the hardest concept i've had to sprite. trying to keep that pokemon simplicity to the peacock feathers while not making them seem cheap and pathetic is very very challenging. i tried so many different looks, played with the shading and i just decided to go with this.

until i come up with a better look, the backsprite is good looking and good to go so that i can always just change the front without having to adjust the back view.

Years
I don't see what's bad about Plumoon's sprite except that the center tail feather looks like it's turned to the right instead of the left. If there was anything in that line that needs more work I'd say it's Chirpich's back sprite since the head looks too large. I can't tell if it's just that the sprite is so much larger than the front sprite or if the proportions are off, but the ratio in size between the head and the eye feels like too much.

Unrelated, but I'm curious where you come up with your color palettes. They're a little on the muted side.

Samson

Years
yeah, chirpich's backsprite was a quick compile, but the proportions are pretty much right on. i guess the angle adds a bit of confusion there. because i tried to emphasize that "half moon" design, i decided to stick with that angle.

and on palettes... palettes are something i put no thought into at all. palette refinery is something i was always very bad it. i find my base colors, add a highlight and a shadow, and find a couple outlines. that's why i don't consider myself a "true" spriter.

but on that note, adjusting the palette is a minute job in photoshop. getting the sprites themselves done is what i'm focusing on at the moment.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
great update, but vispid's flame/hair needs more work. It just doesn't look like fire to me.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
You've got some good spriting skills, but I dont really like the fakemon for some reason :/ still, I do like your sprites ^_^

Samson

Years
thanks, but i actually am quite opposite on your view. i love my fakemon, but hate my spriting!

anywho, SUPDATE!

over 50 sprite sets renovated! not quite half but almost =/

Samson

Years
bump!

minor update, sorry to disappoint! another super busy week.

i'm so happy with how yttrijolt came out. one of my personal faves <3

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Okay, you still have the ability to make (dare I say) nerdgasmic back sprites, who's talent and beuaty is not transferred over to the battle sprites. :/

(Please note Moraceal, Maroopiel, Dinol, Efala, and Jalt)

I really suggest working on that, the sprites look too fake, and some look disporportionate. :C

Samson

Years
ok, update!

don't really like how spalark came out. though, to be honest, it's probably because i never really cared for that line. i just always felt there needed to be a blind mole line and spalark's design looked great on paper. not so much in sprite form.

but on that note, corpinyil is back! although corpinyil is just another strange, hideous, awkward, egg-themed pokemon (see eggsecutor + blissey), i loved the potential that such a pokemon has.

1. can be the physical blissey. perhaps less HP but give it a little more umph offensively.

2. exchange weakness to ground and psychic for neutral fighting, poison immune and bug resist.

3. STAB explosion

4. softboiled!

5. egg bomb LOL!

Samson

Years
update!

so while i am very pleased with how panden came out, i am very disappointed that i spent soooo much time on it. please tell me there are some panden fans out there that appreciate it?

i've never had anyone comment on panden =(

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I really liked their fakemons are incredible.
I especially liked the: Slugarid, Insecreep, Insecrawl.
The Panden is good but could improve his arm in backsprite.
I wait for the updates!

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
Years
There good, how did you make them? I tried making one yesterday but didnt know how to LMAO.

Years
Pandem's eyes keep me from being a fan. Its eyes being a solid color doesn't work for me since there's not much else that makes the face stand out. Oh, and the tiny feet. Why the tiny feet?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Hey, Awesome Sprites!

I'd love to use :
Eloatank
Slugarid family
Icikid family
Alguy

Im my hack :D
I know you didnt want me to ask permission but these are epic and im gonna give you large credit :D

Theyre so professional looking.

Samson

Years
Pandem's eyes keep me from being a fan. Its eyes being a solid color doesn't work for me since there's not much else that makes the face stand out. Oh, and the tiny feet. Why the tiny feet?

the original idea for panden was that his eyes could move around near the patterns on his body, so i decided that he'd have some dot eyes. then, after touching him up, i couldn't imagine him WITHOUT dot eyes =p

oh and the tiny feet, i just felt they looked better and more in tune with the pokemon style. they were hideous before.
-----

minor update... gourdid's back!

between work and laziness, i've been getting these done at a slow rate.

more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back