• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hai gai ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
he looks great! also what do you plan on doing once you've revamped all your old sprites? do you think you'll make new sprites, or, what?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
update!

new sprites? hmm, check out the first post and that should answer your question.

i always had sketches of Kamoflec but i always felt it was too generic. only until recently, i realized that generic evos are ok when you have a custom ability like color change.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
These sprites are real nice ^_^ I <3 the Dampuf, too bad there isn't a back sprite. =P

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I love those pumpkin's, I'm guessing they're a split evo? I'm more than likely going to be using them, they're awesome, and have cool type combos too!

Samson

Years
yeah, gourdid is a splitty. i like my splitties =D

ok UPDATE!

madusol --new name and look. what do ya think?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Madusol:

The likenesses to Mawhile are there, but they are sort of hard to pick up on unless I look at the sprite thoroughly. The yellow and green skin and the face do give it away though. So you convinced me that it's a mawhile evo ^^

I'm a bit ... questioning? of the tail though... it seems to be strangely posed. Is madusol supposed to be floating in the air? otherwise why would the tail be lower than the feet? It has a sentret pose feel to it... but with an awkwardly angled tail...

Sorry if that wasn't much a help :/

... nevertheless...

Keep Spriting!

Samson

Years
it's not a tail. look at the bottom of mawile's anatomy. notice that mawile has a skirt-like thing going on.

so i took that idea and represented a dress in the design.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
it's not a tail. look at the bottom of mawile's anatomy. notice that mawile has a skirt-like thing going on.

so i took that idea and represented a dress in the design.

ah! i see... but still, it looks a bit strange being that much farther below the feet... it still gives the impression that madusol is floating :/

Samson

Years
agreed, it kinda is floating... well, not so much floating, more alike hovering. yannow... like a spirit? think gardevoir... lol

i don't want to say it floats cus then there's the expectation that it has levitate which would make it SOOO broken in the competitive metagame. invulnerable to fighting, neutral to dark/ghost AND has levitate? that's immediate uber tier.

madusol would definitely be a formidable OU even with the ground weak.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
agreed, it kinda is floating... well, not so much floating, more alike hovering. yannow... like a spirit? think gardevoir... lol

i don't want to say it floats cus then there's the expectation that it has levitate which would make it SOOO broken in the competitive metagame. invulnerable to fighting, neutral to dark/ghost AND has levitate? that's immediate uber tier.

madusol would definitely be a formidable OU even with the ground weak.

i don't know samson... it's you sprite! Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful sprite, but that "tail" portion just puts me off... it just doesn't visually make sence to me...

maybe if was spread out behind the feet... instead of just kinda sticking out there? idk...

Samson

Years
oh no i totally agree that it does look awkward, i don't question that. i think it's hard to visualize that sorta thing when working in GBA dimensions and you don't see the actual sketch work/art.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2011
Most of your sprites are very nice, I especially like supiel. One of the things I thought could use some work was the Birdawl backsprite, which looked like it was pointed almost directly sideways, instead of looking at the opponent. Also, the trotter sprite just looked a little odd, the anatomy of the head is really strange. If that's what you're going for, then it looks fine, just wasn't sure. Overall, your sprites are really impressive, keep up the good work!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
oh no i totally agree that it does look awkward, i don't question that. i think it's hard to visualize that sorta thing when working in GBA dimensions and you don't see the actual sketch work/art.

Oh, I agree ^^

Perhaps if you angled it backwards so it would look wider, but be spread between the legs... not going below the level of them though... do you get what i mean?

(everything about that sprite is wonderful except that tail >:(

Samson

Years
update!

nothing too major, except maybe Stormidra is now known as Thundra.

simpler names just sound better, ya know?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Wow, these are really good! are you simply releasing these publicly so you get your name around the net?

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Okay, cuz I'm never going to be able to be the spriter you are, I'll use some of yours in my new hack. Thanks in advance for your talent and the fact you're sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back