• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hallo, everynyan!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Hello all~

Hello all, I'm Sopheria! Catherine is my real name. I live in Lockport NY, I absolutely love Tales, Kingdom Hearts, Full Metal Alchemist, Doctor Who, Magic The Gathering, and of course, Pokemon! As far as physical activities go, I love rock climbing (not actual mountains, just the little plastic walls :P), and I play a bit of soccer, occasionally. I originally joined PC back in 2013 to make some trades to complete my Pokedex. Then I started meeting all kinds of wonderful, friendly people, so I started branching out. Two years later, I'm still here ^^

I'm a college graduate, with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, and I currently work as a software developer at a local company. While it's a great field, and it's something I do enjoy doing, I've often found myself wishing that I had more creative skills. For that reason, I've been trying to get more into the various creative activities on PC, such as RPT, WoPC, and a bit of Romhacking as well. So far it's been great! Doing all of these things on here PC has not only helped me develop my creative skills, but it's also helped me learn to have fun while doing it, and not be self-conscious about my noobishness.

So that covers all the basics. Go ahead and ask me anything, if you're interested!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    What first got you into the Tales of Series?

Who would be your top three favorite Tales of Character. If three all time is too hard then top three males and top three females will work :b

Would you consider soccer your favorite sport?

the last question is me trying not to ask you just tales of questions

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Heyo there! :)

Can I call you Catherine or Cathy? :P

Who's your favorite chacacter from FMA?

Why do you think that your creative skills are bad?

How much do you know about ROM Hacking?

You think that PC changed your point of view about online friendships?

Hey Archy!

Catherine or Cathy, whichever one you prefer is fine~

Favorite FMA character? That's a tough one, since all the characters are amazing. But all in all I'd have to say Envy is my favorite! I just find him to be such a fascinating character, and as much of a jerk he is throughout the show I actually feel bad for him in the end :c

My creative skills, hmm. I wouldn't say that they're bad, just unrefined, and not as good as I'd like them to be. I've been out of practice for years though, so I think that's to be expected. They're improving though, I think!

PC has definitely changed my view about online friendships. I've made some good friends in my time here, and I've gotten to know them quite well! I actually used to be very hesitant to get close with people online, mainly out of fear of them disappearing on me :c But since being on PC, I've come a bit more out of my shell, in that regard.

What first got you into the Tales of Series?

Who would be your top three favorite Tales of Character. If three all time is too hard then top three males and top three females will work :b

Would you consider soccer your favorite sport?

the last question is me trying not to ask you just tales of questions

Hi Tara :)

I actually didn't get into Tales until a few years ago, when I played Graces. I was shopping around PSN for some new games to play, and Graces caught my attention. So I played it, and was amazed by how amazingly epic the story was, as well as how challenging and fun the gameplay was ^^ As soon as I finished Graces I was hooked haha.

Favorite female Tales characters: Sheena (Symphonia), Cheria (Graces), and Muzet (Xillia). For male characters, I'd have to say, Mithos (Symphonia), Ludger (Xillia), and Mieu (from Abyss. He's so cute :3)

Yea, soccer is definitely my favorite! I've never been huge into sports in general, but soccer is the one actually have a lot of fun playing! (And I'm actually not terrible at it, surprisingly! :) )

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hey Cathy~!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Do you have any programs that you want to one day create?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • How much do you know about ROM Hacking?

I just realized I missed this question. I can do basic mapping, that's about it. I want to get a bit more practice with it, and then get into scripting.

Hey Cathy~!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Do you have any programs that you want to one day create?

Hey Lost Heart-kun ^^

My favorite ice cream flavor is French vanilla, for sure.

Programs I'd like to create? Most of all I want to finally make a fully finished game. I've made some really simple games in Java, but they were far from finished products--just little things I threw together to practice here and there. I also have a fascination with DSP algorithms, so I'd like to one day get into computer vision and pattern recognition and that sort of stuff :)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • How long have you been playing MtG and how did you get into it?

What's your Ravnican guild? Or if you're unfamiliar with the Ravnican block, what two MtG colours represent you the best?

What would your spirit animal be?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hey Lost Heart-kun ^^

My favorite ice cream flavor is French vanilla, for sure.

Programs I'd like to create? Most of all I want to finally make a fully finished game. I've made some really simple games in Java, but they were far from finished products--just little things I threw together to practice here and there. I also have a fascination with DSP algorithms, so I'd like to one day get into computer vision and pattern recognition and that sort of stuff :)

I knew there was a reason I liked you. French vanilla is my favorite too! ;)

What kind of game would you want to program most? Platformer? RPG? ???

What programming languages have you worked with?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • How long have you been playing MtG and how did you get into it?

What's your Ravnican guild? Or if you're unfamiliar with the Ravnican block, what two MtG colours represent you the best?

What would your spirit animal be?

I've been into MtG for about four years. My roommate and I got into it at the same time, since a bunch of our friends were really into it so we wanted to get in on the fun. I'd associate myself most with the Izzet guild, since Blue and Red are my favorite combination. I'm also fond of White and Blue :)

For my spirit animal, for some reason snow leopard comes to mind :3

I knew there was a reason I liked you. French vanilla is my favorite too! ;)

What kind of game would you want to program most? Platformer? RPG? ???

What programming languages have you worked with?

French vanilla is amazing, isn't it? :3

I would love to make an action RPG one day! Those are generally my favorite types of games.

I've worked with C, Java, C++, PHP, Javascript, MATLAB (to the extent that one could call it a programming language haha), and a few different assembly languages :)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Mmm.... bacon. <3

Do you know any languages other than English?

Have you ever traveled to another country?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Mmm.... bacon. <3

Do you know any languages other than English?

Have you ever traveled to another country?

Bacon is love <3

I know Japanese almost-fluently! I still have a ways to go before I'm fluent though. I also know some Spanish, but not that well, and I'm long out of practice.

I've been to Japan as an exchange student for a semester. I've also been to Canada relatively frequently, since I'm right on the border. There's a lot of good shopping places across the border near where I live ^^

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Bacon is love <3

I know Japanese almost-fluently! I still have a ways to go before I'm fluent though. I also know some Spanish, but not that well, and I'm long out of practice.

I've been to Japan as an exchange student for a semester. I've also been to Canada relatively frequently, since I'm right on the border. There's a lot of good shopping places across the border near where I live ^^

¿Te gustsa comida japonesa? :3

And what was it like studying in Japan?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • ¿Te gustsa comida japonesa? :3

And what was it like studying in Japan?

とても me gusta! Especially soba. And ramen, when it's done right.

It was amazing! Classes and such were more or less the same, though the teachers were a bit more strict. The whole experience was great though, and I learned a ton! And of course, I loved the food. I totes want to go back one day ^^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What do you think about Splatoon?

I've actually never played it before, but I'd like to give it a try if I ever get a Wii U. It looks pretty fun~

If you were a Pokémon what would your type be?

Have you ever cosplayed, and if so who?

I feel like I'd be a ghost type. Not sure why :P

I've actually never cosplayed before :c I want to though, hopefully the next time I go to a con!

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • What are some tips on getting people to be cool to me on here? It seems people either don't notice me at all or don't like me. But you seem to be well liked, so I assume you'll have a good answer to it. ^_^

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • What's your plan regarding Auria Region? What are your hopes about it and what do you look forward the most to?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • What are some tips on getting people to be cool to me on here? It seems people either don't notice me at all or don't like me. But you seem to be well liked, so I assume you'll have a good answer to it. ^_^

Hiya! Hmm...I would just say don't be afraid to chat up people who seem interesting to you or seem like they share some of your interests. Also, maybe give some of the more interactive forums a try, like Roleplay Theatre, World of PC, or The Underground? Those are nice ways to make friends on the forum. When you're in a roleplay, a region, or a game of mafia, it's like being part of a group ^^; and as long as you're all having fun together, they'll like you.

You can also always chat with me, if you ever want someone to talk to c:

What's your plan regarding Auria Region? What are your hopes about it and what do you look forward the most to?

My end goal is to make a romhack out of it. That's my long-term goal, at least! Right now I'm just playing it by ear. I'm trying to get a feel for what the members of the region are interested in doing (writing? roleplaying? art? all of the above? etc.)

One thing I do want to do for sure though is have an Auria location of the week event, where every week I'll highlight a different location from around the region, share some details and current goings-on around it, and give the members an opportunity to post artwork or stories about it ^^;

Last edited:
    Back