• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hangovers.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Tomatoes. Tomatoes are the answer. Maybe in a form of bloody mary, or fresh.
    Tomatoes will help you in your quest to stop the legendary hangover. I also had been hungover at least once, when I was a complete lightweight.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Ah, yes, McDonald's. I remember this one time I came back from a party, rolled around in bed for a couple hours and then texted a friend to see if he wanted to go grab something to eat at like 5AM XD He was a good sport and came along because I had a craving for something at McDonald's and considering it was like right across the street from my apartment, it was tempting. Not sure if I actually got something though...

That's amazing, what a wonderful friend, lol.

I really hope you got McGriddles.

Years
    That's amazing, what a wonderful friend, lol.

I really hope you got McGriddles.

I think he just wanted to see what a drunken me looked like XD But, yeah, didn't get anything actually when I went...Not a big junk food person; I don't eat any at all actually. The last time I drank was going out and catching up with a friend where we got a pitcher of beer. He ended up drinking 3/4 of it meanwhile I'm slowly sipping away XD Not much of a hangover the day after probably because it wasn't enough of a buzz and I sobered up before driving myself home.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've only had one hangover, but I think I have a nice little cure if anyone wants to try it next time they get a hangover.

Just sleep it off and drink plenty of water. By drinking fluids it will lessen the hangovers effects, and I've just found through personal experience that just sleeping through it will get me back and on my feet in no time at all.

Or just don't do what I do and don't drink 9 shots of vodka in the course of an hour like I have done....
    I couldn't keep water down nor could I really sleep, because of the headache.

My answer was Gatorade. It quenched my thirst and replenished my electrolytes.
    After my stomach pain was gone (and could keep things down), I took an Advil to help with my headache and ate some fruit.
    After the drugs kicked in, I was fully functioning.
    The next day I got in the car and got car sick pretty quickly, and I never have gotten car sick in my life. So I would advise people to avoid doing that.

Years
    I've never actually been drunk, so I have never had the experience of having a hangover. I've been tipsy, but not fully drunk. Having a hangover is not something I plan on having anytime soon!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    When i wake up with a hangover i usually go back to sleep for a few more hours, that seems to help me out the most. Then, when i get up i drink a lot of water and make myself some nice eggs and bacon or sausages.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I've had one hangover in my entire life. It was this past Christmas day.
    Spent the evening partying it up with the in-laws and family friends (some very entertaining charades happened near the end of the night).

Woke up at around 6am with a horrible headache, drank a bunch of water, went back to sleep and was feeling a lot better by the time I got up around 9:30.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    My birthday was the 21st and I felt drunk pretty darn quickly.

I don't even remember what happened that night. The next morning was all a blur... maybe I should stay away from alcohol, period if that's going to happen after only one or two beverages.

It wasn't fun, but I hope it was worth it!

Yukari

Well you really shouldn't think of it that way. Drinking with friends is actually really fun and a great way to spend time with one another. It's just all about control and moderation essentially, and hangovers really aren't the biggest of deals. Take some aspirin and drink some water and you'll be able to walk it right off. If you weren't aiming for one, that just helps you learn more about your limit and will reinforce your decisions for the next time a brewsky is sent around the horn. It shouldn't skew you into thinking that you should never drink, but rather just help shape your decisions and how to be more morally responsible with your actions.

There are other great and fun ways of spending time with friends that don't involve intoxicating yourself to the point you black out and/or get sick. I like to think of it that way. Not to mention that you can become addicted to it, and let me tell you I don't want to go down that road again. Then there's a religious aspect to it that I won't bring up. (I know everybody will appreciate that I'm not bringing that stuff up again.) There are other factors that I took into consideration before deciding not to drink; this thread just reinforced that decision.

I mean I'm just saying...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've never gotten drunk nor ever plan to, so no hangovers for me. During that one time I had sake (the strongest drink I've had), I drank lots of water to prevent myself from getting one the next morning. I woke up feeling fine.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I've never gotten drunk nor ever plan to, so no hangovers for me. During that one time I had sake (the strongest drink I've had), I drank lots of water to prevent myself from getting one the next morning. I woke up feeling fine.

But think of all the fuuuuunnnnnn you could have while being drunk. It's really not that bad, but its good to see that you know your limit.

hangovers.

There are other great and fun ways of spending time with friends that don't involve intoxicating yourself to the point you black out and/or get sick. I like to think of it that way. Not to mention that you can become addicted to it, and let me tell you I don't want to go down that road again. Then there's a religious aspect to it that I won't bring up. (I know everybody will appreciate that I'm not bringing that stuff up again.) There are other factors that I took into consideration before deciding not to drink; this thread just reinforced that decision.

I'm not saying you have to pick one or the other; you could essentially do both. And I understand the religious part, as I was 19 years sober before I had my first drink because of my Catholic beliefs. All I'm saying is with moderation, alcohol is not the devil's necter and can be quite a fun and sociable activity to associate one's self with friends.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years

You will drink. Gonna just say it how it is, you're not going to avoid it, you will drink. Maybe in 2 years, maybe 4, maybe 6, maybe 10, maybe 20 years. Who knows? But you'll drink. Maybe you'll be sensible about it, maybe you won't. Depends how the future you ends up being!

I was a "I'm not drinking EVER BECAUSE ALCOHOL IS BAD LOL" kid and while the sentiment was nice, the execution wasn't so simple.

I never have anything strong. I always have something nice. I don't drink beer/cheap cider/foul spirits. Delicious strawberry based ciders/cocktails are the way I go. I'm extremely prudish when it comes to drinking, so I know my limits and almost never breach them. I haven't had many hangovers.

Yukari

I'm not saying you have to pick one or the other; you could essentially do both. And I understand the religious part, as I was 19 years sober before I had my first drink because of my Catholic beliefs. All I'm saying is with moderation, alcohol is not the devil's necter and can be quite a fun and sociable activity to associate one's self with friends.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not saying it's "The devil's necter" but my personally I don't believe in drinking. I totally respect your opinion, even I don't agree with it.

You will drink. Gonna just say it how it is, you're not going to avoid it, you will drink. Maybe in 2 years, maybe 4, maybe 6, maybe 10, maybe 20 years. Who knows? But you'll drink. Maybe you'll be sensible about it, maybe you won't. Depends how the future you ends up being!

I was a "I'm not drinking EVER BECAUSE ALCOHOL IS BAD LOL" kid and while the sentiment was nice, the execution wasn't so simple.

I never have anything strong. I always have something nice. I don't drink beer/cheap cider/foul spirits. Delicious strawberry based ciders/cocktails are the way I go. I'm extremely prudish when it comes to drinking, so I know my limits and almost never breach them. I haven't had many hangovers.

According to your logic everybody should drink. But then why don't any of the people I know in real life drink? Neither my mom nor my dad drink and neither has ever drunk. And my dad was in the navy, so that says something. My uncle has never drunk, my aunt has only had one drink and never went back, my other aunt has never drunk, and my grandfather has never drunk. I mean really? Just... Really? Nobody is forced to drink, it's only an option that everybody is given.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Nah, I'm not saying everyone should. I'm saying everyone I know of ends up drinking one way or another.

It is indeed an option. Like anything, you can use it reasonably or stupidly. If you start using a mobile phone as a tool for throwing at people, you're doing it wrong. If you use your kitchen counter as a location for excretion, you're doing it wrong. If you use a lawnmower to cut someone's hair, you're doing it wrong. If you're drinking to vomit and be hardcore, you're doing it wrong. (you get the gist of it.) In a nutshell, all four things I mentioned are definitely options. And if you use the latter foolishly, you may well end up doing the former three things foolishly too

If there's an honourable family tradition to it, that's respectable, and good on you for it. I don't at all mean to disrespect you for it. I think the odds are that you'll end up at the very least trying it some time in your lifetime! Maybe you won't though?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Never drank before, so I don't know what it's like to have a hangover, but after seeing what happens to other people in movies and TV such as the trilogy of the same name, I'm going to avoid drinking.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    damn i've never seen so many people be absolutely against even the idea of drinking. wow.

Years
    damn i've never seen so many people be absolutely against even the idea of drinking. wow.

Eh, some of my friends should just never drink because they do get quite out of control \: I've never been quite fond of alcohol myself; I'm more a social drinker when there are certain events or social gatherings I'll have one. But I don't enforce the whole, "You shouldn't drink! It's bad for you!" to the extreme. Like members have said, it's completely optional, but some people like myself have been peer pressured/badly influenced into drinking ;-;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I haven't really had one of those hangovers like you see in the movies where people are acting like vampires hissing at the sunlight when they wake up or anything. About the worst I've ever had is I woke up one morning and had a bit of a stomach ache but then we went out to Denny's and I was fine. It's not that hard to not have a hangover so long as you eat and drink right. Eat a lot of greasy foods before drinking and the morning after and make sure to drink a lot of water, when you order something alcoholic ask for a glass of water or two with it.

Years
    I've gotten extremely drunk a few times, but have been generally fortunate to not have experienced hangovers. I think usually because when I get really drunk, I wind up eating a lot of carbs. Like, I'll go to IHOP or Waffle House, and that usually helps.
    I know that's kind of an urban myth, but it usually works for me XD;

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I've only had one hangover, so I can't really give the greatest of advice. But, try to sleep it off. Even with the unbearable headache that is occurring, I found that once you sleep it off, the headache is mostly or is gone. Drinking water helps too.

But, that hangover taught me that I can't hold alcohol for my life haha. Two drinks, and I'm done.

Back