• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Boss EVER!!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • As the title says, what was the hardest Boss you have ever had to face??
    You know, those that just won't budge, no matter how many times you try and try and try again.
    It doesnt need to be the final Boss of a game, just the one you found most difficult.

For me, it would have to be the last Race of Need for Speed Carbon and Terras Lingering Sentiment rom Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
    The last race in Carbon against that Audi R8 was just impossible to master, and it wasnt until recently, about 4 years after i first played the game, that i finally made it. Terras Lingering Sentiment is an extra Boss you can face at the end of the game. He has a huge lifebar, his attacks become crazy unpredictable towards the end and its just very stressful. If it wasnt for this guide on the Internet on how to read his attacks, i wouldnt have made it.

So yeah, share and discuss ideas!

TY

Same with NFS Carbon here, I had the best car possible and still I keep losing over and over, his car is just was too OP to beat ;;

On the other hand I find the Ancient Dragons of Destruction from Borderlands 2 also a pain in the arse. Because each dragon has it's own power (healing, leveling up the other dragons, spawning mini-dragons and burning the entire stage) it is kinda hard to take them down cause they support each other. Also they start off with being 3 levels higher than you are which means they barely take much damage.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Not really the hardest Boss fight, but it took me around 30 minutes to beat Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 4. I had completely forgotten about the syringe to stop the nanomachines and just kept shooting for like 30 minutes while he kept regenerating and then finally remembered about it when I was down like half my ammo xD

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Anything from the Dark Souls series, or at least on your first playthrough of it. Essentially every time you face a new boss you have a reaction of "what is this?!?" and in a split section with not time to react you're already dead. Dark Souls 2 though has been surprisingly easy so far, but the first one was a pain in the arse with the intense difficulty.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years

• The last race in Carbon against that Audi R8 was just impossible to master
    This. Right. Here. Darius was impossible to beat without a muscle/exotic car, and here I am using a Lancer. I had to have everything at maximum power before I could even take him on in the city race, let alone the damned canyon duel.

I hate how you have small maneuvering space to jump and run backwards, while a giant cyclops/piranha/anglerfish/crab thingie's chasing you, with a huge hitbox for attacks, while jumping on lilypads. If you fall in the slime, your movement speed's slowed down, along with the chance to drown.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • For me, right now, the hardest boss is Heavy Zest in Mario and Luigi Dream Team. The main reason he is so hard is that he is a turn limit boss. Course not only does he have to be beaten in three turns, all of the Hooraws that he has have to be beaten in that same amount of turns. I have not beaten him at all.

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • The hardest boss for me would be when I played Final Fantasy III... I hated fighting Garuda. He can hit you with a lightning spell that hurts the entire party and it can kill you in nearly one shot. It was a pain reviving, healing, hitting all at once.

Years
  • Lets see, it would ether have to be Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy VII, or Ozma from Final Fantasy IX.

Emerald because of its immense amount of HP and that 1 attack that is Materia backwards which I didnt know the meaning behind until 2 years after i beat him. Ozma just because of how hard he hits, I literally relied on luck to beat this guy, hoping he wouldn't hit his Mini status, if he did I just hit reload on my save file.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • In my opinion, the hardest boss I ever encountered, is the final bosses of Super Paper Mario (for Wii). Count Bleck was hard enough, with all those various types of offensive and defensive moves (I used Bowser for offensive and Peach for defensive ^^), but then, after dat, comes...

....the...uh, the Luigi + Dimentio thingy robot (forgot dat name :(), and believe it or not it took me too long to beat it, losing more than 5 rounds, and with a total of 6 hours, until I beat it. Took me long enough to maintain my patience, than jumping recklessly into battle ._.

Years
  • To be honest, I don't recall any particular boss that gave me a hard time in previous games mainly because I grind my characters beyond what they should be relative to a point in the game. A recent one though, that caused me to give up entirely on the game for the time being, is Bravely Default's Lord DeRosso in the Vampire Castle. I'm the type of person who gives up quite easily given 3-10 tries. For that boss, I tried using a guide with a strategy, tried that 3 times and gave up, moving on to the next game. One day, after my PS3 phase I'll go back to the 3DS and try to beat him again.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Last borderlands 2 boss.
    I was ten levels under him (due to trying to rush the game) so I had to resort to using a strategy that took me about an hour and a half.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hm, koff~

I still maintain the hardest FPS boss I've fought is Mael Radec. True RPG bosses don't give me too much trouble, as I don't fully consider them as something the conquer, but more of something just in my way at the time. Turn system bosses are the best to fight because you can just walk away and do something else, com back and hit a few buttons, then go back to doing dishes.

I think that some of the Archfiends in Soul Sacrifice take too long to beat, coming off at a 40min minimum due to your AI friends taking a dive a few seconds. More irritating than 'hard'.

RTS games set to the hardest difficulty always get me. The computer can multi task while I'm clicking one building at a time.

Sometimes the environments can kill. There is a track in F-ZERO (King Circuit) that cannot be completed while piloting the Wild Goose. Never been able to do it. There is a jump after three consecutive corners that bring the speed of the vehicle so low that it's unable to complete the jump, causing you to plummet to your doom.

Azazel in Tekken 6. Cheap son of a ♥♥♥♥♥.

Megaman and the Yellow Devil. Tedious and very straining to remember the pattern. Also, I believe that Megaman has some of the more difficult gameplay in a sidescrolling 'jump 'N shoot'.

Super Metroid and that ghost thing with the Eyeball you have to shoot.

Death at the end of Metal Slug 5.

And anyone else who plays Battle Toads with you at the same time (I have done this and we were both grounded for getting to physical with each other)

I wouldn't call any of these the hardest, but some need mentioning, koffi~

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

• I think that some of the Archfiends in Soul Sacrifice take too long to beat, coming off at a 40min minimum due to your AI friends taking a dive a few seconds. More irritating than 'hard'.
    May you be speaking of this furry little friend?
    Hardest Boss EVER!!

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
  • Hm. Estark's non-Dragon Quest IV boss fights are pretty difficult, if you ask me. His Joker 2 encounter is insane, since you have to defeat him within 10 turns to get him on your side, and he can wreck your ♥♥♥♥ pretty badly if you're unprepared. Disruptive Wave is a huge nuisance.

Years
  • The hardest boss I've ever beat was the final boss in Wonderboy in Monster World.

This boss doesn't seem to hard if you watch a video of it, but trust me he is.
    I spent months trying to beat him as a kid. When i finally did I yelled at the top of my lungs "OHH MY GOD I FINALLY DID IT" while running around the house in my underwear.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • A little series called Etrian Odyssey has numerous bosses that have been driving me nuts since I started playing a few of the games. One of the hardest ones in the games (and my ringer for Hardest Boss EVER) has to be the Baboon King from Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan. Aside from having devastating attacks that can deal damage to several members of your party at once, he seems to have an innate resistance to status afflictions and binding skills (the latter of which are important in this game because you can completely stop monsters from using certain attacks by binding their arms, their legs, and even their heads). When the Baboon King's health drops to a certain point, he'll summon these other monsters called Healing Rollers (basically lizard/armadillo crossbreeds) that he'll throw at your party the next turn, causing collateral damage to your entire group and restoring all the health he's lost. If you entire party doesn't die from attack, he'll do it again and finish you off. Granted, you actually have to playing the game on Normal mode (since Casual mode would probably make the battle against him extremely easy), but this is truly one of those bosses that genuinely hard to beat in a game that's not that easy to begin with.

Back