• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Legendary to Capture?

Years
  • So, obviously in all of the Pokemon games, you come across a Legendary that you can capture. The easy way to get one is to use that one Masterball that is always supplied for you in the games, but that's only one. There is always more than one legendary in each region that you have the chance to capture.

So, which Legendary was the hardest for you to catch when not using the Masterball?

My hardest was Rayquaza in my Emerald. It just did not want to join me XD Even with one HP, it kept jumping out of the ball. I eventually caught it with a UltraBall though :>

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    i hate the roaming legendaries XP there always escpaing!
    but lately the one i had the hardest time with was ho-oh @o@

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Suicune and Lugia in HG. Especially that Lugia.

I had 99 Ultra Balls.

I had to reset the game 5 times, each time because I either got Lugia down to using Struggle or I ran out of Pokeballs.

So I used roughly 500 Ultra Balls on one Lugia.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, they're all tricky. Especially roamers in Gen IV where there're multiple of them.

However, in Emerald, where I use my Masterball on Lati@s, it's got to be Kyogre.
    I mean, the sheer levels of them (70 in a game where the Champion's best pokémon isn't even lv.60?) are one thing about that trio. However, Kyogre's worse as it has Sheer Cold, which no pokémon is immune to by type (I can simply get airborne to avoid Fissure, and Rayquaza doesn't have a KO move), Double-Edge to kill itself more reliably than Rayquaza's Outrage, and monstrous special defense. This proves extremely annoying when the two types that get super-effective coverage on water are both special types, with electric-types not even resisting water.

So yes, overall, I'd say thanks to sheer levels the Weather Trio are the hardest (Mewtwo's strong, but so are Kanto trainers, and I think of the Master Ball as the "Mewtwo ball" really). Sorting between them comes down to typing and movesets, so I rank them in difficulty like this:

Yes, I am in an extremely Hoenn-supporting mood, but these guys are tough. Particularly when firing off 1-turn Solarbeams, Extremespeed of base 150 Attack, and Sheer Cold - the only 1HKO move which no pokémon is immune to.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Giratina was the hardest for me. I literally spent weeks trying to catch him in Platinum, mainly because he always started to Struggle in the end.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ho-oh in HG is being a meanie to me lately. Two attempts and I used everything but my Master Ball, and I'm ~totally~ not using that on a non-roamer. I normally don't have this problem, so 2 attempts is a big deal to me. lol

Years
  • My hardest in awhile has been Ho-oh
    I used every ball in my inventory and still didn't get him. [at least 100 balls]

then I killed him and realized I can come back whenever I want =D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Ugh Rayquaza was a pain to capture for me also. Took a whole while until I captured it with an Ultra Ball.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Azelf in D/P/Pt. If you let it get it to +6 Special Attack, you're pretty much screwed, as it makes it easier for it to take out your Pokemon.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • For me, it was that dang Ho-Oh from Heart Gold. It was such an annoying little thing -_-
    I know this wasn't asked, but the easiest for me was Giratina. I caught it with a Pokéball xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • For myself personally. Lugia would take the cake in my HG. I remember trying to catvh it on my GBC which took me thousands of years to catch until I finally caught it. Then when I tried to catch it in HG my god it was the same situation. Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball, Hypnosis after Hypnosis. Even when it was asleep it still wouldn't stop breaking free. But then one day I think it was a couple of week s ago, I threw a net ball out of just pure laziness and I actually caught it! After all that time!

Years
  • Lately, the biggest troubles have come on SoulSilver, as for some reason, none of the legendaries other than the Hoenn ones, want to stay in the balls, no matter how hurt they are.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • The hardest one i had issues with was azelf for some reason in pokemon platinum.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The roaming legendaries are always a pain. That why I use Umbreon + Mean Look + a lot of Ultra and Timer balls.

But the most difficult ones for me were the Regi-trio. It took me at least 2 tries each to capture them. They eventually use struggle which ticks me off.

Back