• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest RSE Gym Leader

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
Years
  • The hardest one for me was Norman. I used Hariyama and I still got my rear end handed to me over and over....

and when I finally beat him, It was like...BORDERLINE....

I saved as soon as I got control of everything again....

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Norman for sure. His Slaking's stats are equal to Groundon's and Kyogre's. Dude's seriously crazy.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Normally the hardest Gym Leader would be Brawly, but on my first attempt in Emerald it took many, many tries to beat Tate & Liza.

Brawly's Makuhita is a pain, but I gain experience from the others, so it gets easier the more I battle Brawly. I had a type disadvantage with the twins, so that's why I struggled with them; later battles were with Pokemon whose types had the upper hand.

So it's generally Brawly/

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Norman's Slaking was really annoying and Wallace (YES, WALLACE) was a jerk.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ruby and Sapphire: Norman. ;o; Stupid Dad, why can't you be easier.
    Emerald: Juan and his stupid Kingdra. :(

Years
  • All in the Slaking...

Juan gave me minimal issues. Usually.
    I have Endeavor on Swellow always (and Quick Attack). Sometimes on Swampert. So STAB Aerial Ace from Swellow or just a good old fashined Shadow Ball from Absol/Banette solved my later Juan problems.

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I had a hard time with Norman... it's like they made him hard because he's the player's father in the game. o_o I never thought that normal type pokemon could be such a pain...

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Slaking Facade makes me really, really angry.

Juan was trying to confuse me all the time with Water Pulse, but then I Sunnybeamed everything and won. -_-

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It was always either Juan or Wallace that urks me so. I was always at a type disadvantage for some reason (Blaziken, Torkoal, Golem, and a whimpy Linoon)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • The first time I played Emerald, Norman, Wattson and the Psychic Twins o' Mossdeep kicked my butt from one end of the game to the other. The second time around, I had Combusken, Lairon and Mightyena, and they didn't stand a chance. And I had a Raichu on my team to help against Wallace during the E4. :>

The Psychic Twins are still the most annoying to me, though. :x I hate Claydols now. XD

Years
  • Wattson definetely takes this cake, I can't describe how much I hate battling him.
    Norman is actually not that hard, a Pokemon with Dig or Protect can easily beat his Slakings, end the Vigoroth is not that strong.
    The twins... In RS they're a joke, while they're quite challenging in Emerald. But 3 of their 4 Pokemon are weak to Water, which means Surf, so where's the problem?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Norman always gave me trouble, even with a Combusken. Then again, I'm usually extremely underleveled for that fight. Freaking Slaking.

Wattson never gave me trouble because I always had a Combusken. Fire types win over Steel. Haha.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Winona sucked because my Manetric was underleveled, I chose Treecko as my starter, and everything else was slower than her stuff. Her Altaria was especially annoying.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • They were all pretty easy, IMO. Winona took me the longest to beat, however. ^_^;

Back