• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

Years
  • I've just seen the sprites for the Cyndaquil line online and I feel so alarmed haha, I don't know why cause in the anime that's what they look like but I guess seeing them like that in the games kinda makes you pay more attention to what they ACTUALLY look like, if that makes any sense whatsoever lol :) I do like the way their fire comes out when they attack though :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I honestly can't think of a specific example, but 3D has taught me that a lot of the bird Pokemon must use magic to stay up, because it's definitely not that weak flapping (or lack thereof in Skarmory's case) that's keeping any of them up.

Years
  • It's through the 3DS models that I was able to realise how huge Vileplume is lol - I always thought it was a teensy dainty petal creature but I was battling one in X there and it completely dwarfed the members of my team lol :)

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
  • Mr Mime, I used to think he was a kind of boring Pokemon, but then I saw him moving in 3D :|
    Holy crap he creeps me out!

1384198476700.gif

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I can now say that Cradily is ADORABLE.

I just evolved my Lileep into one, and I never, ever knew that its eyes were the little yellow dots inside the black. I always thought it was empty-blind with the pattern on the top of its head being its eyes; I dubbed it an ugly Pokemon as soon as I saw it in Gen III.

134.gif

346.png

346.png

346.png

I am in love.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's through the 3DS models that I was able to realise how huge Vileplume is lol - I always thought it was a teensy dainty petal creature but I was battling one in X there and it completely dwarfed the members of my team lol :)

Vileplume is apparently based on this flower, the Rafflesia arnoldii. It's the largest single flower, which probably explains Vileplume's pretty big size. I have to admit I had the same reaction as you when I saw it in-game, but at least now you know why it's big.

Mr Mime, I used to think he was a kind of boring Pokemon, but then I saw him moving in 3D :|
    Holy crap he creeps me out!

1384198476700.gif

Mr. Mime's animation is one of my faves of the 3D models, I actually like him better than I did before just because I love that animation. It really captures the image of mimes doing the whole invisible wall hand movement like what's shown in Mr. Mime's animation.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Is it just me or did Jolteon's face become ugly in these games?

also I dislike Mega-Zard X's flames that come out of it's mouth (although I don't think this is fully relevant to the topic as there is no sprite Mega-Zard X, I'm just saying I don't like that part of its model's design). Typhlosion looks silly now IMO. I actually like how Swellow, Skarmory, Xatu all stay airborne (think there are other birds that do this but I can't think of them).

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like Purloin on his two feets, same as hitmontop :) And the flyings pokemon are actually flying (like tropius)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Metagross is so awesome in 3D imo, definitely since I used him loads in post-Emerald gaming

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like Purloin on his two feets, same as hitmontop :) And the flyings pokemon are actually flying (like tropius)

I'm very happy about that, haha. Some Pokémon can't be identified that they're flying-type because of them staying on-ground, and this fixes it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I love how they gave pikachu his anime cry. Was a cool surprise. I also love how when lapras uses surf it actually is Lapras in the water with you on its back, makes for a neat image!

The 3D has changed my opinion on the previous DS games (sinnoh, heartgold, black/white) to the point where I don't play them anymore. I can't, its like a mental block now.

Years
  • Was playing X a little while ago, was using a Kabuto and when I sent it out I got the shock of my life haha - for some reason I never realised it had little grooves in its back, I always thought it had a smooth back lol :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Was playing X a little while ago, was using a Kabuto and when I sent it out I got the shock of my life haha - for some reason I never realised it had little grooves in its back, I always thought it had a smooth back lol :)

Oh, I've never realized that, either! Have seen this Pokémon in anime before, but don't think I've payed much attention to notice that kind of stuff; would have thought of it differently if I did, haha.

Misaka

Yokoso
    Years
  • I love how they gave pikachu his anime cry. Was a cool surprise. I also love how when lapras uses surf it actually is Lapras in the water with you on its back, makes for a neat image!

Although it doesn't say its name, they changed Raichu's cry as well!

And the 3D hasn't changed my opinion at all. I like the 3D graphics; they are great. But I think actually prefer the old graphics. Not sure why, maybe it is nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Although it doesn't say its name, they changed Raichu's cry as well!

And the 3D hasn't changed my opinion at all. I like the 3D graphics; they are great. But I think actually prefer the old graphics. Not sure why, maybe it is nostalgia.

I didn't know that, Thanks.

I will never stop playing the originals but the 3D animations as I said has ruined the DS games for me, I just can't go back to them now.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of how a female Raichu's tail isn't pointed. It looks like someone clipped off the point of her tail. I do, however, like the female Pikachu's tail.

Back