• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Ársa

k.
Years
  • so... speaking about RNG and stuff... dont you think that an Egg Charm RAISES the chanches of hatching a shiny? (i mean assuming the egg content is based on the clock-generated stuff and you can gather more eggs per minute)

The chances per-egg? No. But you could probably say faster eggs = more eggs = more to hatch = more chance of a shiny. The RNG doesn't work specifically with time, and this gen's RNG is a little more complex than previous as well.

Also, @ that Shiny Ralts. Solid NCIS reference, I approve.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    not yet, but I'm trying for a shiny Honedge.
    but I have a Shiny Tentacruel from a random encounter.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • I just hit box 31... and 650+ eevees already boxed... i had to start the soft resettign method now.... whis me luck!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Nah, Eevee eggs are pretty quick to hatch as long as you use the level 3 Hatch O Power and a Pokemon with the Flame Body ability. Larvitars though...

I just got my second shiny Eevee myself, (first was also thanks to Masuda Method but was a total fluke. I was just starting the game, and simply wanted a modest Eevee...) so you can do it too! :D

I always use the Lumiose trick, and it seems to work for me : recently I got a shiny Marill, Goomy and Eevee, I'm currently working on Mareep.

OMG I would never do a Larvitar...HA.

The thing is, I do hatch my Eevee with flame body and hatching lv. 3, BUT I just guess I'm so impatient...when I do something with 5,000 egg steps (like the Noibat I'm working on now) I can get 5 eggs hatched before the 3 minutes is up for the hatching lv. 3 O-Power, which is what I prefer. :) If I do Eevee's, it takes a bit longer. I guess that's no excuse. :P

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • so... speaking about RNG and stuff... dont you think that an Egg Charm RAISES the chanches of hatching a shiny? (i mean assuming the egg content is based on the clock-generated stuff and you can gather more eggs per minute)

The shiny value is determined the moment you receive the egg. All a shiny charm would do is increase the chance the shiny value of the egg you receive is your own ID, it would work the same way masuda currently does. Clock-generated doesn't seem to work the same way it does in the previous gens to my experience.

Caiustheblack

Years
  • After countless hours i got MY SHINY EEVEE:
    here are some stats about the little guy:
    31 hp,attack,def, sp atk and sp. def(you may think 5 maxed ivs was luck but i must specify i had 2 parents with all ivs maxed... and i did want speed stat max to make an espeon ^^)
    sadly it doesnt have HA so i dont think it would make a good vaporeon.... the only choiche remaining is umbreon :) what do you think?
    EDIT: Just for the sake of giving the info: it was the 956th egg.....

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • After my long hatching spree to get my shiny Sandshrew (which I mentioned a few posts ago), I gave the two parents a well-deserved rest. The Day-care man had one last egg to give me before I was allowed to pick them up though. I kept it with me while I was EV training my new shiny and life was good. I wasn't trying to hatch it with any kind of urgency.

It finally hatched last night while I was headed to the Battle Chateu.... Shiny! :)

Caiustheblack

Years
  • After my long hatching spree to get my shiny Sandshrew (which I mentioned a few posts ago), I gave the two parents a well-deserved rest. The Day-care man had one last egg to give me before I was allowed to pick them up though. I kept it with me while I was EV training my new shiny and life was good. I wasn't trying to hatch it with any kind of urgency.

It finally hatched last night while I was headed to the Battle Chateu.... Shiny! :)
    WHAT.THE.HELL!
    Do you have any tips for me on what build is better for my newly evolved shiny Synchronize umbreon?
    Foul Play and Heal Bell, as well as Snore, are gone...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    YES!!!! I finally got my shiny hawlucha, i decided to finish up the box i had with them today and the 1st egg i got had shiny hawlucha!

Caiustheblack

Years
  • What is the nature? I went with the typical build for mine (Toxic, Payback, Moonlight, Curse)

Ahaha It s a Bold eevee (31 IVs in attack.....),so i was considering toxic, mean look, echoed voice and dark pulse .(but i do have wish, yawn and curse avallable) whatdo you think?

Years
    • Age 23
    • No.
    • Seen May 1, 2014
    Yeah I hatched a shiny Jolly Charmander using the Masuda Method, surprisingly it had good IVs.
    It's a Charizard now and it is amazing but I haven't mega evolved it yet to Mega Charizard X because my cousin wouldn't give it back to me because Mega Charizard X looks so cool and he had Y which sucks.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I hatched my shiny Charmander after a LONG time. I actually took a break and went to friend safari where i randomly came across a shiny Charmeleon, but when i went back to hatch the last few Charmander eggs i had, the first one was shiny, lol. MM has worked pretty well for me so far, working on Hoothoot atm as i really want a shiny Noctowl. I am willing to trade the shiny Charmeleon with a good deal, so if anyone would like it leave me a message.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    As I said a while back, I got a shiny Charmander... and now today I just got a shiny squirtle!<3

Charmander took about 200 eggs. Squirtle took about 340.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Although it wasn't a masuda method shiny, I somehow hatched a shiny Blubasaur a few days ago while chain breeding for Kangaskhan. It only took like 20 eggs too.

Caiustheblack

Years
  • so here is my 2nd shiny eevee :
    x/31/31/31/31/31, ADAMANT nature, and its got HA this time
    you know the sad part? i removed everstone from my couple to secure speed to an espeon with a power ankle.... AND THE BABY WAS ADAMANT...... what do you think i should do? go for the first +atk-def espeon ever or evolve it in leafeon or flareon?

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • so here is my 2nd shiny eevee :
    x/31/31/31/31/31, ADAMANT nature, and its got HA this time
    you know the sad part? i removed everstone from my couple to secure speed to an espeon with a power ankle.... AND THE BABY WAS ADAMANT...... what do you think i should do? go for the first +atk-def espeon ever or evolve it in leafeon or flareon?
    I rather not hinder Espeon any further. My vote to Leafeon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Just started and just hatched 12 or so eggs, and still no shiny. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Trying for Tyrogue, got a 4IV Japanese on from the GTS, now it's a hitmon lee. I even have a Ditto with good IVs to breed with and to top it off they get along!
    No more waiting 5 minutes for an egg!!!

Back